• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Quiet Time Alone in the House

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

My wife was babysitting this morning and I spent the morning trying to do make up (still haven't completely eliminated the facial hair) and trying to look feminine. I will post some of the photos and you'll easily guess the one with my real hair LOL. I have not come out to my wife but this is the very first time I have ever shared what I look like enfemme.

20200617_110414.jpg

20200617_110106 (2).jpg

20200617_104900.jpg

20200617_105850 (2).jpg

• Forum Moderator

ooooooooooops - I thought the forum was just MTF... but I guess you could share thoughts on hair choices and make up hints (once I finally get rid of the facial hair) but if I keep it at this very light level - you do have hints to help hide it.

• Forum Moderator

Moved for you because I'm awesome like that. Be careful about posting in the general forums though. Anybody can see these. A better practice is to post in the gallery... which is member's only... then put a link in your forum post.

OK then. I like the blue dress best. Hair obviously. Framing your face to best effect is important. Lipstick is well done... you need to give us a before picture. I'm not sure of all the things you did.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

should I take down this posting to play it safe...

• Forum Moderator

how would I remove the post .... now I'm worried.... :(

• Forum Moderator

Up to you. Just saying that anybody can see it where it is.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
26 minutes ago, Shay said:

how would I remove the post .... now I'm worried.... :(

Would you like me to remove it for you?

• Forum Moderator

I guess I'm not sure.... I wondered if it was acceptable to do it anyway.... if you think it's ok this time...maybe leave up.... I'm including a "before photo for you" but that one probably shouldn't be shared if possible

20200617_132412 (2).jpg

Fortune favor the bold spirit. I'm with Jackie on the blue dress looking the best. My suggestion is you just need to tidy up the hair a bit before pics. But pearls and bling are nice, maybe get some bracelets to complete the collection. ?

• Forum Moderator

You're right I have other dresses and ensemble should be taken care of, also wigs combed properly, need to get brackets. 

• Forum Moderator

Like our rules say, it's acceptable so long as you keep your clothes on. No shots of your underthings, or overly suggestive clothing and poses. You can share pictures of yourself (nobody else can be in the shot) and no minors, ever. Bathing suits can be kind of a gray area, but try not to show pictures of yourself in dental floss or duct tape. We're strictly PG-13.

So with the official stuff out of the way...

Yeah, OK, I like the less curly wig better. You probably will too. I've had both and maintenance on the curly one is a pain in the butt. I personally like my bling to be more understated, but that's my choice. You look fine.

You're better at makeup than I am. I can't do my eyes to save my life and my lips don't hold color. I'd do some contouring around your jaw though to make it look less square.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Jackie if I read it correctly, you moved to correct forum, but it is still general forum. Perhaps I should set up the way you suggested and I can add more photos as I did wear other dresses and wigs and would like only members to see.

26 minutes ago, Shay said:

Jackie if I read it correctly, you moved to correct forum, but it is still general forum. Perhaps I should set up the way you suggested and I can add more photos as I did wear other dresses and wigs and would like only members to see.

To the photo gallery then! ?

• Forum Moderator

Ah, OK, let me explain again. Only pictures can go to the gallery. I dropped it out of "Hair Topics" but I can't put it in the gallery because that's pictures only. Like I said, best practice is to put your pictures in the gallery, which is members only, and link to them in your post with the link button.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Jackie for your encouragement and friendship. It means a lot. I'm still a bit tentative in taking this new step toward what gender I feel more and more I'm supposed to be and how to express it and hopefully continue on the path to relief and freedom to express who I am.

• Forum Moderator

And yes, I can totally delete the entire thread, but you need to ask me to (or do something henious... don't do that...). I'm like a genie. I can't do it until you make a wish.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
25 minutes ago, Shay said:

Thank you Jackie for your encouragement and friendship. It means a lot. I'm still a bit tentative in taking this new step toward what gender I feel more and more I'm supposed to be and how to express it and hopefully continue on the path to relief and freedom to express who I am.

No worries. We're all skittish in the beginning. It's a HUGE step and can turn your entire life upside down. It's scary to crawl out from under your armor and into the light and it gets worse the more years we pass in hiding. We've all been there.

Hugs!