• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Marriages Of Gays Seen Aiding State

Guest CharliTo

Yeah, I was exploding on a debate about GLBT issues and I totally went over all the economic pluses too. Especially for say, Hawaii. :P

Guest April63

I thought marriage was supposed to be something special, but this just shows how people are continuing to drag it down to nothing: state money making. This is absurd.

Guest julia_d

The "pink pound" it's called here.. in hard economic times we can make strides towards a truly equal society.. our money is as good as anybody elses.

Why shouldn't I get married to my lovely man after all my documents and my body are fixed? It's my right as a woman. I don't quite understand why we have this stupid stigma.. if 2 people want to join themselves in a union that they believe in then why shouldn't they? .. with the same rights under the laws of the land as any other married couple... in fact.. why not do away with marriage completely and just have the civil legal ceremony of union.. it's so simple... wipe this "one man one woman" garbage away.. consign it to history where it belongs and let people make whatever pairings they want with the same paperwork and no stigma attached..

Guest Donna Jean
I thought marriage was supposed to be something special, but this just shows how people are continuing to drag it down to nothing: state money making. This is absurd.

Sorry, April.....

It's a fact of life...a byproduct of marriage means money is made by someone...Gay, lesbian, straight....there will still be photographs, cakes, clothes.....

Just as death is money to someone...Funeral homes, casket makers, florists ...

War is profitable......money to arms makers....

Everything is connected economically.....

Don't let it get you down, Sweetie.....

Love

Donna Jean

Guest julia_d

ooo.. DJ you said it.

Cost me £14 to get married and over £100k to get divorced .. somehow that doesn't seem quite right...

now why do I want to get married again???

Guest April63
Cost me £14 to get married and over £100k to get divorced .. somehow that doesn't seem quite right...

Maybe a secret message promoting marriage and saying divorce is evil...

Guest Leigh

now if only we could get that money behind political forces...such as gay marriage...hmmm...

maybe then we could combat the fundamentalist "christians"

peace&love

leigh

Sorry, April.....

It's a fact of life...a byproduct of marriage means money is made by someone...Gay, lesbian, straight....there will still be photographs, cakes, clothes.....

Just as death is money to someone...Funeral homes, casket makers, florists ...

War is profitable......money to arms makers....

Everything is connected economically.....

Don't let it get you down, Sweetie.....

Love

Donna Jean

From where I sit, it looks like photographs aren't that important anymore. :(

Divorce costs more because lawywers are involved.

We should take our case to the American Bar Association and explain that along with gay marriages would come the enevetable gay divorces and a whole new batch of clients to walk through the system at tremendous fees.

We know that our society is completely money driven show all of the industries involved in weddings and divorces that we have some of the money so they can never control it all without including us.

Love ya,

Sally

What is neat is that MAssachussetts was suppossed to fall apart 5 years ago when they legalized same sex marriage. The doomsayers warned of fire and brimstone from above. That not only didn't happen but the economy got a boost. Of course as any marriage is subject to they also had their first divorced same sex couple though there haven't been many. It will interesting to see if their divorce rate is higher or lower. The jury is still out on that one. The good news is there were no doomsday clouds and no appocylpse. Everything is as it was and the world didn't fall apart. Now days they can have elections on the candidates instead of social issues. That's refreshing.

Laura

What is neat is that MAssachussetts was suppossed to fall apart 5 years ago when they legalized same sex marriage. The doomsayers warned of fire and brimstone from above.

I'm sorry... that part just made me laugh XD