• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Full coming out?? ( 0o")

Hewo, potatoes!

After I came out to my parents, I have a second goal.. ! A full coming out !

What I thought I could do, was to warn all my friends, and then people I know that I might meet often to call me by my name and pronouns.

THE THING IS! I am in a school with a boarding school. And, girls sleep with girls and boys with boys... ( =3=),  the thing is that I'll have to sleep with the girls so the whole boarding school (almost 200 people) might know (  0mo;)

Also, I thought that, to come out, I'd sent a mail to person A and ask them the mail of person B who'll tell me person's C and so on. I am very excited to do this cause, I feel I can finally be happy. But, if I do this I might never be able to go back. You know the "what if I'm not trans" question.. But weirdly it changed to "am I trans enough?", like i do wish to be a boy so much that it makes me want to throw up when I think I can't, but seriously "am I really trans??" (BIG sarcasm) ( =3=)...

I know I shouldn't rush, and I don't, I just can't imagine, continue leaving as [potato] nope, no can do. When I learn that some trans keep it for themselves for years, I can't stop thinking about the BIG depression they might have, maybe suicidal, and make me worried.. :(, I don't want that! This transition, I decided to actually do it to finally enjoy life!!

I feel ready at 98.5% to do this.. ( =3=) 1.5% is still too much to me..

Should I really do it? I already told one friend who I might be able to tell her that I actually won't transition in case I chicken out and wait more.

And when she proposed to help and send a mail from me to the whole class by whatsapp (I do not have it so I can't really talk to everyone of school) OC I refused but yknow, that's when I wonderered is it REALLY a good idea?! Am I rushing things? Just to know that even people I can't bear will know one of my deepest secret is.. troublesome (  =m=")

How went your full coming out??

• Forum Moderator

I'd actually start with the school administrators. They might have a protocol for "Where do the trans kids sleep?" Personally, I wouldn't put you with the other boys because I've spent time with boys. At least one of them would try and take advantage and you don't need that. On the other hand, I need to make you comfortable and treat you like a boy, not like a girl.

As for everyone else, I'd tell them in person. It's easier one on one. Once you've got the people you care about in the loop then don't worry about it. Just make sure everybody in your inner circle knows that it's not a secret and let the information propagate by itself. Other people will tell you to write letters, but I still prefer to tell people personal stuff in person if I can.

PS, I'm a total hypocrite. I just realized that I came out to an old friend by e-mail this weekend. In my defense, I don't know where he lives anymore. I just corrected him on using my dead name and said, "Oh, by the way, I came out in 2018." ?

No drama though. All is good.

Hugs!

Yeah, that's what I thought was the best and I will talk about it to the boarding school administrators

And yeah it's better to do it one by one cause I dnt knwo I just dt think it's a good idea

31 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

I just realized that I came out to an old friend by e-mail this weekend

XD, dw , I for example, will have to do it on mail cause of covid XD

• Forum Moderator
25 minutes ago, Liam da potato said:

XD, dw , I for example, will have to do it on mail cause of covid XD

We could have talked on Discord! Honestly I just didn't think about it. My derp moment for the week I guess.

Hugs!

XD, thanx, you're funny (in a positive way ^w^)

I actually wanted t thank you personally for always being here when stuff got wrong, or good, you are a very appreciatable person, and very nice, thank you ^^.

• Forum Moderator
28 minutes ago, Liam da potato said:

XD, thanx, you're funny (in a positive way ^w^)

I actually wanted t thank you personally for always being here when stuff got wrong, or good, you are a very appreciatable person, and very nice, thank you ^^.

Well thank you sweetie! That means a lot!

Hugs!