• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Parents Questioning How I'm Going To Dress Because I Explained Again That I'm Androgyne.

Guest ericc

Guest ericc

I'm going to my first Androgyne meeting in Rhode Island called "Lifelines". I'm really excited. I still live with my parents (I'm 21) and again I'm explained that being Androgyne to me means that I have both characteristics of Masculine and Feminine. Then they asked me if I'm going to cross-dress with a scared look on their faces. I told them no. They asked me what kind of clothes am I going to wear and I said just my typical silk like shirts. I'm not really a make up person because I like to me somewhat natural but at the same time, I want to not look too Masculine or too Feminine. So I try to balence it both out like I would wear silk clothing but not make up, stuff like that. I do have a Feminine side and I like to express it at certain times. I'm kind of questioning myself like, what if I want to wear a turquice necklace or get anti-wrinkle cream when I get really older or have smooth skin or something like that. I like to balence everything but not look too Masculine or too Feminine, I like to look inbetween. I'm starting to feel kind of scared of my parents because It's hard to explain Gender expression. They asked me if I'm going to put on make up and a dress and I said no because that's not my thing. *sigh* it's hard to explain.

For those who are Androgyne on this forum, I'm just curious, how do you dress.

Guest androgynous
I'm going to my first Androgyne meeting in Rhode Island called "Lifelines". I'm really excited. I still live with my parents (I'm 21) and again I'm explained that being Androgyne to me means that I have both characteristics of Masculine and Feminine. Then they asked me if I'm going to cross-dress with a scared look on their faces. I told them no. They asked me what kind of clothes am I going to wear and I said just my typical silk like shirts. I'm not really a make up person because I like to me somewhat natural but at the same time, I want to not look too Masculine or too Feminine. So I try to balence it both out like I would wear silk clothing but not make up, stuff like that. I do have a Feminine side and I like to express it at certain times. I'm kind of questioning myself like, what if I want to wear a turquice necklace or get anti-wrinkle cream when I get really older or have smooth skin or something like that. I like to balence everything but not look too Masculine or too Feminine, I like to look inbetween. I'm starting to feel kind of scared of my parents because It's hard to explain Gender expression. They asked me if I'm going to put on make up and a dress and I said no because that's not my thing. *sigh* it's hard to explain.

For those who are Androgyne on this forum, I'm just curious, how do you dress.

Hi Ericc!

Wow big step you took to tell them. Respect, because I only told friends. But hey, I'm 31 and just found it out last year. Yeah I mix cloths too, can be done without looking too much fem though. Many girls pants (yeah I do like those) look kind of unisex already. I wear my regular boy shoes, and usually a black shirt or blouse, so it isn't 100% male and not 100% female. I think many people can't even tell the difference when I wear it. OK I don't wear a dress, that goes too far for me. But I do take care of my nails (longer) and polish them mostly in clear, and sometimes in color. Furthermore I do shave my arms, legs, body because I really started to loath body hair :D But I did that often as male as well, it looks better, feels better and makes you harder to classify from a distance. Oh, and I love jewelry. Especially bracelets. I haven't used face makeup, but I do use wrinkle cream and day/night cream and also facial masks once a month in order to keep the skin smooth.

A lot of the MTF in transition go through a stage where they are caught in between and go for the Androgyne look.

We tend to wear women's jeans and tank tops or tee shirts with a woman's blouse over them - you need to examine which way it buttons to tell the difference in a man tailored woman's blouse.

Athletic shoes are a good bet for casual because if you avoid pink they all look pretty much the same.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Kerasa

Many respects for your courage. With a birthday two mondays away, I still haven't told my parents(I'm 20 and the only one trying to leave home and the only one trying to progress). I wear a black long-sleeve stretchy(81%Catonic Polyester, 19%Elastane)shirt made by Starter(because it makes me go from muscled and bulk-shouldered to curvy and slender, and it sends the attention from up top to the waist), for which I wear solid black jeans that are snug but not circulation-cutting (depending on whether or not the shirt is tucked in I confuse people). I add on black steel toe boots(without steel toe written on them), a few accessories of my own a viola. I'm considering a change to the bottom half of the wardrobe with summer coming up and all.

Guest ericc

Thank you everyone, I just went to the meeting. It was very interesting. Unfortunatly, I didn't find any Androgyns there.