• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Compliments Whut? I Am Home.

Guest Neuro

Guest Neuro

Hello everyone, I wonder if anyone remembers me after a long weekend; but this is Michael and I have just returned from A-KON (anime convention) having spent a long time in costume, out and about like a busy person that I am not; and without contact with the playground!

I did not realize how hard it was to be without the internet :c

I had fun, sort of. It was fun aside from the fact that the fire alarm blared late at night last night... and my secret fear is alarms in big buildings and having to evacuate >////> *mutter* I was... afraid. And, a few of my costumes failed epically! BUT!

It was fun. I was working there, so I was heavy lifting!!! I thought I gained muscle, but my arms are about a centimeter thinner!! (yes I counted) D8 BAWWWWW.

I don't have any pictures yet, because I just came home. But I took a few... some people took some of me! A lot of girl flirted with me hurhurhur~ O-One guy did, too; but he sort of scared me because he outright asked for a kiss. Girls at conventions are too cute, moemoemoeeee~~ (<--does anyone even know what that means?) but many of the men, thought they think I am a man in costume; see that I am short and thin and... don't realize I am human being? >_> It is important to voice the fact that you do not want something. Some people were confused when I walk in mens restroom, but that is only a small percent I hope...? c: there were many crossplayers there, in dresses, suits and costume. Conventions are a great place to let loose.

There is one thing I am wondering, I hope does not sound conceited of me. But I never talk to real people because I live in my room, and don't see people. But at places like conventions, I get compliments sometimes. I don't know how to take, because I get nervous and do not know how to react.

How do you accept a compliment? I never had to know how because I usually give them, never receive!! I am happy to be getting better at cosplay/dressing nice, but at the same time do not know how to accept that sort of kindness.

Anyway, I am tired and sort of hurt all over from some extreme nerding out/hunting for Sukisyo, Okane Ga Nai and Neon Genesis Evangelion merchandise!! I will try to get back to posting, because I have missed my family here... I want to put up pictures soon. Ah, life is tiring for those who take their nerdiness to such hardcore levels~!

--Michael

P.S: My briefs were stolen and WORN by my female roommate. My used ones... I feel dirty. >_> my poor innocent underwear. I hope nothing else of mine was taken and messed with--see? Anime fans are such hardcore frightening people, huh?? XD;;; oi vey, to think people actually do things like that...

Guest Pól

lol, I missed your posts. you have a unique way of putting things. welcome back.

I'm glad you had fun at the convention. That's awesome people saw you were a man in costume. I have no idea what the moe thing was. re: compliments...I dunno either. I'm really bad at it too. Solution: do nothing worthy of a compliment. :P I'm only jokin' you really though.

Pól

P.S. :blink:

Guest Nikk

Heh, I had fangirls ask me (Sirius) and my boyfriend at the time (Lupin) to make out so that they could take pictures.... It was kind of amusing, kind of awkward. Anyway.....

I MISSED YOUR NERDINESS!

Welcome back! Sounds like you had fun (I'm jealous)! Kons are soooooo amazingly fun, it's a shame there's only one a year out here..... ON TOPIC RIGHT, okay.....

I don't think there is a graceful way to accept compliments except to give one back, which is not always possible. I kind of just say thanks and scoot away really quickly; I don't usually know if there's anything else to do. My social skills are fail though, so there's probably other ways of doing things... Ones that involve less fail.

*scoots away*

Welcome back,

We all missed you.

I am glad that you had fun.

As to how to take compliments I am 57 and haven't had to worry about that until I came here.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K

Compliments? SMILE and say THANK YOU!

Lizzy

Welcome back to -sigh - reality! WAIT, Laura's may be reality, but it is in virtual ('cept chat) and bizarrrrrrarooo...

Guest Leigh

hmmm...wait who are you again?

lol...

sounds like a good time over all.

but when someone compliments you, just say "thanks"

i sometimes don't know how to react either, but that's cuz i usually get "you're such a beautiful young woman"..............................yeah. i need to start trying to pass more...

sorry about the briefs..lol...

peace&love

leigh

Guest Neuro

AW MAN I MISSED YOU ALL *flies into your arms sparkly style and cackles*

'moe' (mow-eh) is a kinda lame Japanese term for super-cute and attractive in an innocent and youthful and personality-ful kind of way. It's mostly a fanboy term for cute manga/anime girls. But people over there (and me fff) use it for everything, because it doesn't really have a meaning. The most common image of 'moe' you might find is a big-eyes schoolgirl or kitty-girl or 'tsundere' (harsh on the outside, soft on the inside) type. They are always cute! ;D

Is saying 'thank you' really OK? Is there something else to say or do?

Cons are so ragingly fun! Yeah Nikk, when I was Lelouch my friend was Akira Kogami (Lucky Star) and she was able to carry me princess-style! XD we were like a crossover couple from the netherworld, yes XD

-brain is fuzzy atm due to still being sick, buuuuuuuuut- -says WB anyway-

WELCOME BACK!!! WE MISSED YOU.

Hope you had fun at the convention!

Guest Neuro

Awrite~ I just found some pictures of me from the webz that Imma post here! XD so far, only Lelouch ones are up. In all these pix, I am the one with the black hair.

I had the blessing of taking pictures with two beautiful girls who cosplayed CC and Kallen from Code Geass! So many people took photos of this chance encounter XD so I found many of those!

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

A friend took some of me as L, too. My Hashiba Sora and Natsuo costumes turned out fail-y, so no evidence of those will be anywhere XD;;; I pray. But L pix might be up soon--I got to combat-battle my friend who was Misa!! XD

Next con, I am working on Ludwig "Germany" from Hetalia, possibly Roy Mustang, and possibly Kanou from Okane Ga Nai (my friend drafted me because she wants to be Ayase and doesn't know any other guys willing to be Kanou hurr).

Not as many people were there with cameras, so I got very few opportunities to snap pix. For A-Fest, I want to take lots of pictures and bring my own camera!

Well, it seems that you did have a good time after all.

And you were worried.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Charlene_Leona

Taking compliments gets easier over time as a female I kinda blush drop my head flutter my eyes and say thank you. But I don't think that's how you want to come across. The pictures looked good and it sounds like you had fun.

Guest Neuro

@CharlieRose, my hair dries like that if I borrow some mousse and use a blow-drier. It's not usually that poof XD I use for cosplay. I grow it out for about a month or two every convention, so it can be long-ish in the front (Because I am too cheap to buy wigs yeah!)

Guest Lisa marie

Welcome back :)

And compliments , Elizabeth said it best :)

You look stunning so its no wonder people give you compliments there, in the end its just LOVE yourself and the rest will follow.(easyer said than done sometimes tho)

Love the hair btw

Lisa

Guest Neuro

D'aww you are too kind, Lisa Marie ;w;

I found some pix of me as L! XD

l_83f328842bc743e98f146e381bd55795.jpg

l_94eee9815a3c4ffaa491e395c3a8d485.jpg

l_4137f86adbf24e1dbd47a83552099897.jpg

And then my friend begged me to crawl XD

l_6814ab7c8fd847b7b9d917ff27e53990.jpg

I tried to model it after Kenichi Matsuyama's portrayal of L (from the Death Note live action films) because he be one of me idols, yarr.

It's fun to get in character as L, because you can look terrible and yet for some reason people come up and hug you. =w=

Did you know that if you use an escalator without shoes in a hotel, security pulls you over? D8

Yes.

Well all I can say is you really need to come out of your shell and go ahead and get into character! :lol:

You really did have a good time!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Leigh

lol...Michael you look real good.

very boyish (i hope you're not offended)

you do look very young, but not fem at all.

even with the make up..lol...

peace&love

leigh

Guest Neuro

Hihihi is funny, thank you~

This is who I based it on:

Matsuyama.jpg

41.jpg

13-1.jpg

He sort of looks like me, so meh~ What do you think, is the character an okay match for my face? (despite the fact that I am Caucasian)

Guest Nikk

What the hell man? You pass perfectly like woah. (I'm so freaking jealous of you).... And your portrayal of L is awesome :D I dunno about the other character; I haven't seen the show he's from yet. BUT YOU LOOK AWESOME AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Guh. Awesome dude, juuuuuust awesome.

Guest Neuro

8D danke!

HURHURHUR I found moar pix XD aw snap

l_bc8b33ba317d434cb49441569e1e4755.jpg

MisaMisa and I, in an epic battle for Light Yagami's love! XD

l_570b02c42e50455e855a64862f3efd78.jpg

I had to hold that backstep high-kick for like 5 minutes @A@

l_d919660a9d6d4585aeed39b4083601db.jpg

PHOTO ASSASSIN SNAPPED ME GETTING DRESSED IN MAH LELOUCH COSTUME D8

l_e5e2569fde754b1e8581b98e91b79e15.jpg

And this is me, horribly tired and sick after pulling my spleen in my epic fight with MisaMisa XD OTL can you tell how in pain I wassss...

Anyway, that was my adventure.

And now, I am hungry for some fire-roasted tomato and vinegar triscuits.... ;wo