• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm New!

Prettywolfy

So, I am new to this site and new to the idea of being trans. I have had a lot of thoughts and fantasies of being female before, as well as not enjoying my time spent trying to live up to my gender role. It just doesn't feel right to me anymore. When I saw some trans people posting things about how cis people don't fantasize about being the other gender, and that if the biggest reason you don't try to dress as a girl is fear that you would be an ugly girl, then you are already trans and just suffering dysphoria. So... I thought about it, and... I have had fantasies about being female since almost as far back as I can remember and a large contributing factor to not acting on it was that I didn't like the way I looked.... and... maybe I am trans after all. So, I found this forum to kind of find people who could help me out. I guess I am sort of old for just starting out, and would have probably enjoyed my time more if I had acted years ago, but better late than never.... SO, anyways, call me Wolfy or Pretty, because I want to think of myself as actually Pretty....

-Your Pretty Wolfy-

• Forum Moderator

Hi, Pretty Wolfy.  Welcome to Trans Pulse!

You have come to the right place to share your feelings, ask questions, or get support.  There is no age limit on starting transition.  I started at 62; I'm 65 now, and I am not the oldest here.  You'll find people of all ages here, willing to help you.

Regards,

Kathy

Hi Pretty, welcome. I have dreamed about being female for 70 years. It’s only been with in the past few years that I have more openly expressing my feminine side. I tried to do all the things society required but it never felt right. You know, football, the Army, wife, kids and now grand children. All of my attempts to keep Sandra hidden never worked.

Have fun reading and learning.

Sandra

• Forum Moderator

I honestly didn't worry that much about being an "ugly girl," but I never really equated appearance with attractiveness in the first place. To me, a woman always became more attractive as I got to know her and discovered what a lovely person she was. The weird thing is that apparently it works both ways. When I look at myself in the mirror now, I see an attractive older woman. I finally like myself and that makes all the difference in the world.

Welcome to the site! I hope we have what you're looking for.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Pretty.   Don't worry about being late.  Most of us here we unable to live as ourselves when we were children.  I used to joke that since changing things kept you young, i would change gender.  Oddly i do feel younger and a great deal prettier as well.

Hugs,

Charlize

Welcome Pretty!! 

As you've already heard, don't worry about the age thing, like you I just realized/admitted I was trans this year and I'm 53.  There is so much support here and insights for you to think about. My advice is do a lot of self exploration and don't worry about terms yet. Find a good therapist who specializes in gender issues to help you along your journey of discovery.  I think that as I've found, the more you discover and accept that whoever/whatever you are, you are perfect, worthy of love and will be so much happier no matter what age you come to this discovery.  Welcome again.

Hi Pretty and welcome! As others have said, it is never to late to find yourself, find self-acceptance and live as you were meant to live. It is hard at times to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and encompasses more than just the physical attributes. Especially when that beholder is yourself, as most of us are our toughest critics. I struggle with this a lot, at times. It is something I work with my gender therapist on. Along with the therapy, having hrt do it’s thing, working on finding my style, and a few other things, I am finding that the reflection in the mirror is being more friendly and natural to my eye and I am getting closer to loving myself all the time. 

You’ve come to a wonderful place to learn of others experiences, ask questions and find support. Hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs!

On 7/24/2020 at 4:46 PM, Prettywolfy said:

I guess I am sort of old for just starting out

Hi Pretty!  nice to meet you and Welcome!
I had to chuckle at your "sort of old" comment .. because for many of us here, its on our "name tag" .. Welcome, I'm So-n-So, and I'm sorta old ? 
But the second part of your statement is the most important .. better late than never!

You've truly found the right place to start answering some of your Questions.  And we are all here to share our experiences and support each other.   Welcome again❣️

Deep breaths ... one step at a time

Hi @Prettywolfy!

Welcome to transpulse. Like everyone else is saying there's no age limit on transition, and there's no "right" way to go about transitioning. Everyone here has their own unique story for how they got to where they are now, but I think most of us would agree that accepting who we truly are has let us be happier than we ever were before transition. As far as worrying about making a "pretty" woman, that was something I found myself thinking before I came out too. I had spent a good portion of my high school days (and much of my expendable income) on curating myself as a good-looking, fashionable guy. Although I still had dysphoria, I worried that I'd be throwing that all away to try and become something unattainable. When I did finally come out, there were definitely some growing pains (and maybe a few fashion missteps) but now when I look in the mirror, even on days that I don't try so hard I can see the beautiful woman I was always meant to be looking back at me. 

Of course after saying all this I'd like to add that beauty isn't everything, and obsessing over your looks the way I did might not be the healthiest thing either. The feminist in me says that you shouldn't have to curate your appearance to be attractive to anyone else, but the drama queen in me says I need to look good and be the center of attention. 

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, hon.  I see that you've met some of our wonderful members already.  Thanks for your introduction; I know that can be a hard thing to do, talking about yourself and your hopes and dreams.  Please make yourself at home here.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Hi Wolfy,

From one wolf to another, welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf ?