• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Binding large chest?

Does anyone have experience binding a particularly well-endowed chest? I've finally identified my life-long hatred of that part of my body as dysphoria but I'm a 40G and I'm just not sure how well they'll squish. I've heard of people not bothering to bind larger chests because they don't ever look flat but I just want to hide them as much as I can. Are there brands that are better for this? Should I necessarily go for a longer style? Any tips at all would be greatly appreciated! I was going to have my husband take some measurements this weekend so I can order a binder.

• Forum Moderator

Damn! I have no practical experience with this other than to say, "I would trade with you in a heartbeat if I could." Best of luck finding a solution that works for you.

Hugs!

Yeah medical science really needs to figure out how to do boob exchanges! I would pass them on in a heartbeat if I could!

I myself don't have that large a chest, but I do have a large-chested friend that binds. They don't always bind their chest, but the binder does make for a difference in the general shape of what their chest looks like, less feminine more like pecs. It also makes for a cool shirt. I'd say go for the binder! Layers also really help in making someone's chest look flatter.

Thanks Luke! I was thinking that I might end up looking super ripped to people who don't look all that closely, especially since I've also got the weird shoulder muscles from carrying all that chest weight around. I guess we'll see! 

I recommend full length binders for larger chested people. I’d either look into GC2B, or Underworks which might give you more support than GC2B as the material for Underworks is more of a mesh. 

Thanks Ryan. Those are the same brands my friend recommended, I think I'll get one from each and see which one I like. Underworks seems to have a lot of options, is there a specific one you'd recommend?

38 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Thanks Ryan. Those are the same brands my friend recommended, I think I'll get one from each and see which one I like. Underworks seems to have a lot of options, is there a specific one you'd recommend?

I bought one years ago, I forget which one it was, one of the full lengths. I never really liked it, though my chest is fairly small as it is. I typically go with the half length GC2B as it’s not as hot in the summer, or full length if I want more compression.