• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

24 Hours...here it goes! GCS Thread

Kylie

@Drayse Knowing what I know now...

Of course I’d still opt for full depth. While I have a bit of a rocky road, I am so happy to be where I am today! I am content with the work my surgeon has done thus far, she has been so phenomenal throughout the entire process. 

@Jackie C.Girl, what a ride! Thank you for the sympathy leg cross! 

Kylie

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kylie

• Jackie C.

• Heather Shay

• Susan R

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Kylie said:

Of course I’d still opt for full depth. While I have a bit of a rocky road, I am so happy to be where I am today!

Thanks for allowing such a frank question? Maybe I'm still a bit insecure so early in my own journey and second guess myself a lot. Your answer and confidence are very reassuring.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the scar forming and revision. I received notice yesterday I will undergo the revision surgery April 27th. Thank goodness! My surgeon asked if I would rather find a local surgeon to do it since it is a pretty simple 30 minute procedure; but I couldn’t bring myself to that. She designed this part of me through such delicate work and has been supporting me so well the last 6 months...so another trip to Texas doesn’t seem to daunting. Plus- it helps me as far as deciding if I’d like to live in Texas in the coming year or so! 

Hope all are well and safe❤️

• Forum Moderator

Makes perfect sense. Your surgeon built it, the only one that knows it better than her is you. Well, I hope you've explored it a little anyway. It seems like it would be weird to have something that costs as much as a new car in your pants and never take it for a drive.

Happy revisions! May it be everything you wanted and more! Hopefully I can get mine in at some point after I've been vaccinated.

Hugs!

• 1 month later...

Revision surgery is about one month away; needless to say I’ve never been more ready for something in my life. The past few months have definitely taken a mental toll on me as I’ve faced such issues with scar contractures and excess pain and bleeding. 

may the next 5 weeks fly by ♥️

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Kylie said:

I’ve faced such issues with scar contractures

Kylie, Are these scar contractures the result from the silver nitrate treatment to heal the hypergranulation? 

@Susan R Primarily from that since my treatments were so intense. Plus I had a weird contracture form from the tissue separation I experienced. Girl this has been a roller coaster! 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Kylie said:

Girl this has been a roller coaster!

Kylie, I am so sorry this is something your dealing with so long after your surgery. You have been an inspiration and I thank you so much for helpfulness with my questions throughout my own trials and tribulations. 

I hope for a speedy recovery after your next revision. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Always My Best,

Susan R?

• 1 month later...

Hey all! 

Revision surgery is done. Lasted a little over an hour; surgeon surgically dilated under anesthesia, removed all the scar tissue (she said I had so much in my introitus she removed it all together instead of breaking it up).  Come to find out had growth over my urethra that even she was unaware of, so that was corrected as well. 

Pain immediately after surgery was terrible in PACU, but the staff was wonderful and treated it well. I am back at the hotel and feel pretty good. I’m just sore honestly, not too much pain. She gave me narcotics, but have only needed half a pill thus far. Just been up walking around. 

No dilating for 48 hours, so this is going to be a nice break!  Thanks all for the thoughts and prayers!

• Forum Moderator

Oh sweetie, I just doubled up in sympathetic pain. Ow!

I'm glad you're doing better though... also the no dilating thing sounds like a treat.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Kylie said:

Pain immediately after surgery was terrible in PACU

I’m so sorry you had to go through this, Kylie. It does sound painful. Hopefully, this is the last revision you’ll need. I’m glad you’re in good hands and they’re treating you well. Thanks for the update.

Always My Best,

Susan R?

@Jackie C. I know! No dilating has been such a break for me. I have yet to look down below to see what she did exactly. I’m just so sore and seeing I’m not dilating, I’m like I’m just keep her clean and letting her have a break! 

@Susan RRight! I hope this is it! No more surgery down below! ♥️♥️

• Forum Moderator

I've got the same thing coming up for my revision: No dilation for a week. My surgeon is just going to re-pack it until I get the catheter out. On the one hand, no dilation for a week. On the other hand, the packing wasn't very comfortable the first time... I'm sure I'll manage.

Hugs!

Thankfully I don’t have packing in or a foley! She just did not want me to cross my suture lines for 48 hours. She said she did the surgical dilation so I should be fine for 48 hours with no issue. So needless to say I’m enjoying not putting those things near me! Feels weird after 9 months not doing it. So in the interim I’m just sleeping and enjoying this mini trip!

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie I'm glad everything went well and I hope you heal fast. I certainly can tell you are a nurse. I need to look up a bunch of the terms you used. 

Best Wishes.

Do you still have your kitty? Matty I think was his name.

@Shay Thank you! I’m glad it is over and I can move forward. Yes, Matty is still kicking, he will be 13 this year!

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie I'm so glad you and Matty are doing well. We adopted a 5ish year old stray cat my daughter nursed back to health and we adopted. I was never much of a cat person but this cat (Frank) showed me more love and affection in 1 day than all the cats I'd encountered in my life combined. Not that I didn't want the other cats to be accepting of me but they just didn't. Here is our Frank doing what he loves best.

20210207_220154.jpg

20210305_160711_Burst01.jpg

20210312_161622_HDR.jpg

20210314_220514_HDR.jpg

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Shay said:

Here is our Frank doing what he loves best.

Not to get off topic but poor Frank seems to always have his eyes closed. That cat needs some morning coffee, Heather. ?

12 hours ago, Kylie said:

Matty is still kicking, he will be 13 this year!

Would love to see your Matty sometime, Kylie.?

Ha! Yes, that kitty needs some coffee! 
A lot of the photos of Matty are random, I take a lot of videos as well. 

I am now closing in on 48 hours since revision, I’m taking it literally and dilating at the 48 hour mark. Pretty nervous about dilating, as I’ve had so much pain and issue with it the past few months, Nike tossing in a fresh suture line, well, needless to say I’m even more hesitant and anxious! But we will see how it goes around 3 hours from now. I’ll be taking my best friend to the air port at 1pm and coming back to the hotel to rest and once again dilate. Then I leave to go back home tomorrow morning. So very ready. 

DE7E2BC7-5B84-4878-96F1-8B53BB30A785.jpeg

96BF6F2A-A2FF-4C53-AEC4-6E9C519F653D.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

I got sympathetic twinges in my undercarriage reading that. Hopefully things will be better since the revision though. Try to relax. Overthinking it will just make you tense up.

I actually get the same thing with my cats. I've got one that INSISTS on curling up between my legs while I'm trying to do the deed. He gives me JUST enough space where I don't have to move him out of the way.

Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...

Almost two weeks since my revision surgery and thus far things are going well. I’ve been remaining vigilant in doing duties required. Feels good to be back to some sense of normalcy after the hell ive endured the past few months. No pain just sore. Going to attempt to size back up to my blue dilator today; it has been 6 months since I was able to do that, so going to be interesting. I will be cleared for my most favorite activity by my birthday on the 19th, so needless to say; him and I are excited, because it will be my first time! Almost 10 months since surgery and I’ll be finally giving ol’ girl a spin. Don’t expect it to be smooth the first time, but still excited to see what she do! Ha!

Hope everyone has been well; I’ve been following threads and so happy to see progress of others and their specific situations. I may not say anything, but I’m always reading! 

❤️

• 6 months later...

A brief and unfortunate update. 

I started developing some issues about 2 months after my revision surgery and started having issues dilating again. So I’ve been quietly dealing with this since April. So I flew out to Texas yesterday and met with my surgeon. It appears I have had recurrence of the scarring in the vaginal opening. Albeit the area is small and limited to about 3 cm on the sides of my opening, it causes major issues. At 16 months since my initial vaginoplasty I’m still dilating twice a day with the smallest dilator sold by soul source. So, my surgeon has decided to take a new approach both to the type of surgery she will do for another revision and vastly different  post operative care plan. All which I talked in depth with her over and have agreed to. 

I told her that I’d like to at least get past this surgery prior to moving forward with breast augmentation. To my surprise she said well she’s be happy to ask one of the surgical partners in office that specializes in trans female augmentation if he’d do my augmentation while she does my revision as to limit exposure to anesthesia and do it all in 2 hours. She said she would speak with him and see if he’d agree. Lucky for me as we were wrapping the appointment up he walked by and she talked to him and he gave me a consult on the spot. So now, while I am disheartened that I need another revision - I’m joyful that I’ll knock out the augmentation as well. 

The office says they want to try and get the augmentation approved by my insurance as to limit my cost. Which would be wonderful - because I’ve had some unexpected death in my family and funeral costs were burdened to me. Hope and pray for the best. 

Kylie

5 minutes ago, Kylie said:

A brief and unfortunate update. 

I started developing some issues about 2 months after my revision surgery and started having issues dilating again. So I’ve been quietly dealing with this since April. So I flew out to Texas yesterday and met with my surgeon. It appears I have had recurrence of the scarring in the vaginal opening. Albeit the area is small and limited to about 3 cm on the sides of my opening, it causes major issues. At 16 months since my initial vaginoplasty I’m still dilating twice a day with the smallest dilator sold by soul source. So, my surgeon has decided to take a new approach both to the type of surgery she will do for another revision and vastly different  post operative care plan. All which I talked in depth with her over and have agreed to. 

I told her that I’d like to at least get past this surgery prior to moving forward with breast augmentation. To my surprise she said well she’s be happy to ask one of the surgical partners in office that specializes in trans female augmentation if he’d do my augmentation while she does my revision as to limit exposure to anesthesia and do it all in 2 hours. She said she would speak with him and see if he’d agree. Lucky for me as we were wrapping the appointment up he walked by and she talked to him and he gave me a consult on the spot. So now, while I am disheartened that I need another revision - I’m joyful that I’ll knock out the augmentation as well. 

The office says they want to try and get the augmentation approved by my insurance as to limit my cost. Which would be wonderful - because I’ve had some unexpected death in my family and funeral costs were burdened to me. Hope and pray for the best. 

Kylie

Thank you for sharing this. I hope your next revision goes well and your insurance cooperates.

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry you're hurting @Kylie, but, bright spot, your surgeon is eager to work with you and help you out. May it all go smoothly and give you the results you deserve!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@Kylie You're in my prayers. 🙏🏻💖🙏🏻

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋