• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Stylish and Affordable FtM Body Friendly Fashion Sites?

Hey peeps~! My wardrobe is getting stale and I have extra time while I'm working from home to check out some new fashion sites. What are some of your favorite places to shop? 

maybe try depop? it's all second hand, so it's often either cheaper or vintage. i normally buy guy's clothes from thrift stores/ charity shops in real life.

ASOS is my go to. You can definitely find some good things on the cheaper end and they have everything from casual to athletic to suits. In the sale section you can find +$100 suit jackets for around $30-50. I've gotten an entire suit minus a jacket for like $30 there before with discounts. I also like that they have clothes for a variety of body types (ie. main, plus size, tall) and fits within those (ie. regular, slim, skinny, muscle, relaxed, oversized). They also have men's shorts with a variety of lengths so it's easier to find a 5.5" inseam for the short dudes or those who just like to show off a little more leg. If you're into sustainability they are getting more and more clothes made from organic cotton and recycled materials.

For more outdoorsy clothes I generally shop at backcountry or rei. 

Depop and thrifting can have some good stuff especially if you're closer to average size. Since I'm on the smaller side I sometimes have trouble finding things that fit properly so ASOS's variety is a godsend for me. I mainly use thrift stores for oversized sweaters.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 9:25 AM, SL said:

ASOS is my go to. You can definitely find some good things on the cheaper end and they have everything from casual to athletic to suits. In the sale section you can find +$100 suit jackets for around $30-50. I've gotten an entire suit minus a jacket for like $30 there before with discounts. I also like that they have clothes for a variety of body types (ie. main, plus size, tall) and fits within those (ie. regular, slim, skinny, muscle, relaxed, oversized). They also have men's shorts with a variety of lengths so it's easier to find a 5.5" inseam for the short dudes or those who just like to show off a little more leg. If you're into sustainability they are getting more and more clothes made from organic cotton and recycled materials.

I agree, I have gotten a bunch of stuff from here. I also really appreciate the selection of jewelry, there have been too many times in my life where toxic masculinity got in the way of trying new things like that. Now I can get it online, which has its perks these days, and be both confident and stylish. 

Also, if you are one of those guys who likes it cozy, there is a brand with really high quality sweatshirts and flannels. It is called G.H. Bass & Co, I am wearing a sweatshirt from them right now and it is still one of my favorites after 3 years of use. The flannels are super soft, and if you pair one over a shirt or hoodie not only will you be the comfiest guy in the room but you can also pass binder free (yay oxygen!) 

Thrift shops are a good go to, never know what you're going to find, but know that it will be well worth that 5 bucks.