• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

A Chance

Guest leo

so after all the drama, iv been offered a way out

a colleague of mine said i could move in with her untill i go uni, 3 or 4 months away

i get on with her and personally think it would be a good idea

what does everyone think? is it a good idea?

Guest Ashlee

Oh Leo,

It sounds like a good thing for you.

You get along with her and she obviouusly accepts you.

It would take some of the stress out of your life which would be good for you right now.

Could be a great way to start uni!

{{HUGS}}

Ashlee

Guest Donna Jean

Well......

Will you two split the rent and utilities?

Do you have transportation? (did you ever get your car back?)

How far is Uni?

Do you work different hours..(noise and sleeping)

Will you both decide on who does what with the house work....

Honey...take this from a girl whose had a lot of different folks live with her...figure these things out first...saves a lot of anger and heartache!

Other than that.....go for it!

Donna Jean

Guest Zabrak

When I wanted to get out of the house really badly I took any offer I could get to go out. I got a roommate that was a family members friend. We did'nt set any 'whats ok and whats not' when we moved in together and it turned out really bad. She ended up putting up a bunch of rules that she expected me to follow - but not her. She expected me to clean up after all her parties and mess other wise she would throw dramma crying fits like she was a huge victim. Later on after I looked at rent papers I found out I was paying most of the rent and that she had been lieing about us splitting it.

My landlord knew I was a good guy and offered me a place when she got evicted after only four months(wait..was it more then that? I must be getting old! My memory is going) that I lived with her.

Be careful - talk about everything. Don't set yourself up to be used/abused or get into fights. Or just talk about everything so YOU don't upset your friend if you feel shy to talk about it all. Tell her you care about respecting her space so its good to talk about all of it before hand.

Good luck leo. :)

The best advice is look before you leap!

I know how badly you want to get away from home but make sure this will be better and not worse.

Dee Jay and Zabrak have given you the outline - find out before you make a move.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest TheShana82

It sounds like it could be a good chance to get away from the drama...

But definitely talk everything out with the person & figure it all out like the others said...

Talking from experience... I have had people I got along with really well... then tried to live with them.... bad stuff

But if all is good n well, I say go for it

Good Luck

Guest Elizabeth K

Move slowly, move wisely, but move if you can... and everything looks cool. Make sure your parents know.

My opinion

Lizzy

I just remembered my one and only roommate (not counting my wife) and I have to say that it is true.

Rooming toqether is a good way to lose a friend.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Elizabeth K
I just remembered my one and only roommate (not counting my wife) and I have to say that it is true.

Rooming toqether is a good way to lose a friend.

Love ya,

Sally

Also a good way to cement a friendship. I moved in with my aunt for my last two years of college - we REALLY bonded!

Never know,

Lizzy

the women im moving in with is older enough to be my mum

she said she is doing this to help me out TILL i go uni, when i go uni ill be in another city so wont be there anymore

i only have to pay the same as im payin to live here

and only 1 rule

tidy up after yourself

Guest Pól

talk with her about noise, guests, kitchen use, cleaning, etc. better to get all that stuff in the open first.

but if you can work out an agreement, then yeh, i think you should move

Guest StrandedOutThere

Leo, moving out might be just the thing. Like everyone else has already said, be careful and make sure you have everything clarified ahead of time. Be a polite, considerate roommate and all should be well.

I've always done okay with friends as roommates. You have to live with someone who you don't know very well, so it is easy to keep a distance...or someone you know so well that nothing they do could make you hate them. That's how I've been with my last 3 or 4 roommates.

I imagine living with an older person is easier. Older people will tell you right off when you are doing something annoying, while young people are more likely to just let it fester.

Good luck with whatever you decide! I think things will probably get even better for you at uni. I liked being a college student, so much so that I haven't stopped. :)

Guest Leigh

sounds pretty good to me, bro.

but be careful not to tick off your mum, since it always seems like she's come around more and more.

just think it through carefully. it's your decision.

peace&love

leigh

Guest Elizabeth K
ok scrap that idea, something came up so wont be going anywhere 'sigh'

Nothing bad i hope? You were really up for this. awwwwww heck!

Lov you

Lizzy

Guest Jeannine Bean

It sounds like you'd be happier than your current situation.

Take life by the horns, man, and don't look back!

Rock and roll!

--Jeannine

ye i was really up for this

things have just been going down hill

i havnt eaten in 3 days

been working 13 hours a day shifts

and drinking when i get home

ye i was really up for this

things have just been going down hill They will straighten out in time, you know that and not long of a time before you are in uni and this all becomes a bad memory.

i havnt eaten in 3 days You have to eat, Leo - you may not feel like it but you have to!

been working 13 hours a day shifts How much longer do you have to do that?

and drinking when i get home Tonight - Eat instead! And I mean that - Eat!

Love ya,

Sally

i really dont feel like eatin

i going to the wedding, i cant be asked to argue anymore, mum is pickin out what im wearin, a dress no doubt

oh well maybe my parents are right, just accept the way i was born

i really dont feel like eatin You know that you have to, not much at first but something.

i going to the wedding, i cant be asked to argue anymore, mum is pickin out what im wearin, a dress no doubt It is only one day and then it is over, you can do that but never let them forget that they were not here for you when you needed them

oh well maybe my parents are right, just accept the way i was born You know that you can't do that, it isn't just something that you thought up or a flu that you can get over, but for now just act like they are right and once in Uni do what you know you must do, transition and never look back - if they want to talk to you they can find you, our lives are hard enough without someone telling us what we think or feel. I am all for family but there are times when you just have to let go of them and be yourself.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest StrandedOutThere
If you haven't been eating, try working up to it. Try some toast without anything on it, applesauce, stuff like that.

Yup... Anything easy to digest...white rice is a good one too.

A good source of all of your needs after not eating is a baked potato - go very easy on the butter - none if possible - I ate them a lot when I had my ulcer, never made me sick - but you will need a lot of water. :lol:

Also bananas are easy to eat and very good for you.

Just keep trying and know that we are all here with you.

Love ya,

Sally