• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Forum Updated

Petra Jane

• Root Admin

Don't want to speak too soon, but there is another update that Invision are recommending I install asap.

Looks like another worrying weekend ahead of me!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Petra Jane

• Timber Wolf

• Jackie C.

• Heather Shay

• Root Admin

Here's hoping that it will go smoothly with a minimum of SNAFU's  :)

ME

• Forum Moderator

Why do confusers always demand change when you are happy and have finally gotten things to work?  Perverse!

• Root Admin
5 hours ago, Charlize said:

Why do confusers always demand change when you are happy and have finally gotten things to work?  Perverse!

Because they think they are improving things, and so often introduce bugs, which need updates to fettle! Though there are some neat new options and bits available must admit.

• Forum Moderator

@Petra Jane you are amazing and doing your very best for us - THANK YOU - and may this weekend shine proudly upon you.

• Root Admin

Forum updated with minimal worries, just got a few final tweaks to restore the extras what we normally have.

Should be done now, unless you are also seeing what I am!

forums.png

• Root Admin

The solution seems to be to change from the Transpulse Green theme, for the time been at least.

Please bear with me.

• Forum Moderator

It's Ok here but was a shock at first with the dark screen lol. Probably better for me as  I turn on on dark mornings.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

The black background and white print goods pretty eye pleasing on my phone.

• Forum Moderator

At first I thought I was in incognito mode.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf ??

• Forum Moderator

Whoa, I thought something was broken at first!  But everything is working fine, so that's what matters.  Thanks for looking after the techy stuff for us, @Petra Jane!

• Root Admin

At the moment, there are two themes available, the Bravo 6 Dark Theme and a purple Transpulse theme. The green one just struggles to cope with the forum update so I have removed it for the time being and will hopfully re-add it once I've had time to tweak it so it works again. But I'll be honest, coming back to the forums after the update threw me into a right spin!

• Forum Moderator

The purple theme is kind of groovy. :)

• Forum Moderator

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe a lighter purple? I find myself missing the green.

Hugs!

• Root Admin

I don't really care what color it is as long as the forums are here.

• Forum Moderator

The purple is much better.  The green of the updated version was hard to take.  

• Forum Moderator

Old gals have trouble with change, but if could deal with transition this is nothing

Thanks for fighting the good fight!

• Forum Moderator

Hey now, I'm not old. I'd just prefer a lighter color aesthetically. I don't like the dark purple. A nice lavender or pale blue would work though. I feel that light, friendly colors are more inviting.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I tried out the light theme...I like it very much. It seems updated with better contrast and readability. I’ll probably use the Dark in the evenings when my eyes are tired and light levels in our home are lower. Very nice work @Petra Jane

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I don't like the dark purple. A nice lavender or pale blue would work though.

My biggest concern after the last updte is that so far, the "purple" theme works with the software, so to be honest this might be one of those "If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it any more" times.

What I don't fully understand is why one version of a theme works, and the other (the green) screws up royally on a software update.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Petra Jane said:

My biggest concern after the last updte is that so far, the "purple" theme works with the software, so to be honest this might be one of those "If it ain't broken, don't try to fix it any more" times.

What I don't fully understand is why one version of a theme works, and the other (the green) screws up royally on a software update.

No, I completely get that. I've worked for MANY IT professionals that never learned that particular lesson. I'll get used to the dark purple and maybe the next update will fix the problem.

Hugs!