• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ok Then!

HollyElizabeth

Not sure where this goes so if it's in the wrong place, please move it as I would be grateful that it ends up where it belongs.. lol

OK then, I think my mom is starting to come around to my transitioning. Yesterday we went to Walmart and I said I really needed to look for stuff to wear. I didn't think I would find anything as I'm obese and I'm guessing that I'm still in the7-8x range. Walmart has been slowly getting rid of their big peoples clothing over the last several years and I have been losing weight but not quite fast enough that I can find anything to wear there. Anyway, mom actually helped me look for clothing that might fit. We couldn't find anything like I knew we wouldn't be able to, but she still picked out stuff for me. she even gave me words of encouragement that soon I would have lost enough weight that Walmart would be a viable option for me to cloths shop. And tonight she helped me pick out a wig that actually looked good on me. She even wants me to get protection in case I need it so I'm supposed to buy pepper spray. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with pepper spray but knowing that it can be dangerous for us right now, it might be an idea that I'm going to have to become comfortable with.

Anyway, I am floored that my mother is starting to see my transition as something I need to do ans is becoming more comfortable with the idea of me being a woman.Even my brother doesn't make the comments around me that he used to. My house is starting to settle down. One of the neighbors next to me saw me leaving and she did a double take. lol. I have to admit I do love when people get startled (not freaked out when they see me and realize that I used to be Michael and I am now Holy. The only bad thing is that she has two of the cutest daughters around the age of 4-5 and I don't want them to see me and have questions that their mother might not be able to answer. I don't have a problem trying to explain it to the girls but it's not my place and I don't think the mom is ready to have this discussion and I don't want to force it before the mom is ready. lol

Anyway, I wanted to say my mom is coming around. Maybe she will even start calling me Holly instead of Michael in a crowded store like Walmart. Yes I asked her to, said I will answer to Michael no matter how it makes me look like a crazy person. lol.  Well a girl can hope and I at least have goals. lol

I'm so happy for you! I dream of the day I can be comfortably "out" to my mother and see her comfortably accepting me as a female. As her female child. (I don't know about you, but for me, it's not even the personal acceptance, really, its just that any time I see my own mother struggling with anything related to me, it just breaks my heart. I feel that she has an even harder time with adversity than I do.)

@HollyNoel It does sound like slow acceptance, which is the most we can ask for when someone we love is coming from an angle of not accepting us fro who we are. My mom and I had a long talk yesterday as it was the first time we have seen each other since coming out. It is going to be a journey. I am looking forward to the time when I will be able to go shopping as Amber with my mom, that sounds like it would be fun. I have hope that with time she will even flip from deadnaming you to calling you Holly.

@Heathick No its the same with me, I hate seeing my mom hurting or being bothered by something I'm doing. But me not transitioning was causing a lot of my health issues like depression and not being able to lose the weight. The weight issue is a very serious health concern, I don't want to have a heart attack and or stroke, and I want my diabetes to finally go away. Being happy is way more important in my book. So I had to make the decision of my life or my mom being bothered with me becoming who I am.

@QuestioningAmber Can I say that you are so pretty.

I hope the day when you and your mom has the kind of relationship of mother daughter. And yes, I'm looking forward to the day when mom stops "deadnaming" me but I've been Michael for 52 years and shes 72, Probably not going to ever happen and I really don't want to because a big blow up by trying to force the issue. If shes the only one that calls me Michael at this point, I'm going to put that in the win column. lol

Sometimes it's best to pick your battles and if I have to let her win the name thing then maybe I can win on the next thing I need. And having her help shopping for me is the better prize if you ask me. lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • Betty K
    • vVinegar077
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Hopscotch
    Newest Member
    Hopscotch

1. atlantis63
      atlantis63
    2. Blackberry015
      Blackberry015
    3. blackcatkittycat
      blackcatkittycat
      (32 years old)
    4. Charlize
      Charlize
      (76 years old)
    5. GamerGirlEmily
      GamerGirlEmily
      (25 years old)
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Tracey.  Please feel free to look around the forums and post wherever you like and ask any questions that come to mind.  We'll do our best to answer them honestly.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • KayC
      Hi @Amy Powell.  Nice to meet you and Welcome! I think the first thing you will find is that we are a very Diverse (and Accepting) group here on the Forum.  We all have different destinations, but I think you will comfort and encouragement of many shared experiences and struggles. I do hope you can find a trusted therapist, but I discovered finding 'Community' is very helpful too.  Looking forward to hearing more of your Journey AND your many hobbies   Deep breaths ... One step at a time
    • KayC
      This should be the mantra of the Trans community (and basically all of Humanity for that matter, regardless of Identity or differences). I am happy the conference organizers laid down the law to this Interloper.  People like that are basically just Unhappy people, regardless of their gender identity.  I hope she figures that out ...   And, I am sure she had no idea who she was messing with   Bravo for your Courage and Restraint, Sally~
    • Ashley0616
      People don't understand that you simply don't even need to be on HRT to be trans. They are like doughnuts. they appear to be somewhat intelligent but in the middle it's full of air. 
    • Ivy
      I'm satisfied to stay here in the Old North State. I have this idea that NC, and SC, are really, like different.  Kinda dumb, I guess since I only live about 10 mi from the border.
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, Tracey.   Welcome to Transgender Pulse Forum.   Kathy
    • KathyLauren
      Hi, BlackSparkles.    Nice to meet you.  So sorry that you are alone; you and I are neighbours, at least.  Please feel free to join in any of the discussions here.   Regards, Kathy
    • Sally Stone
      Ivy, that's probably excusable for someone who isn't trans; it could be simple ignorance.  But when it comes from within our own community, it is kind of shocking.    Hugs,   Sally 
    • Sally Stone
      Thankfully, Ashley she didn't return after that one time.  I have the conference organizers to thank for that, as they push inclusion and acceptance.  I like to think this particular person got the message about her views being bigoted.  Of course it's possible she took her message somewhere else, where she wasn't challenged.    Davie, you are too kind.  Hugs to you my friend.
    • Sally Stone
      Mae, I would be happy to share the PowerPoint presentation I used with you or anyone anyone who think they could benefit from it.  Even though I presented at Keystone, the content is still mine.  Perhaps I could post the material here or make it a blog.  Interestingly, the conference organizers always pick a wide variety of topics to ensure there is something for everyone.  The workshop committee used my presentation (and others) to ensure the workshop didn't reflect only transition related topics.
    • Amy Powell
      I am curious if anyone else has had an issue wearing panties.  After awhile I find that my dangly's tend to get a bit sensitive after a few days of wearing them and I'll stop for a while so they don't get sore. This is so annoying, I want to wear panties more often. I have tried going up a size (which helps, but not alot). I've also seen a doctor, he said everything is well.  Any advice would be welcome
    • BLACKSPARKLES
      Hello everyone.  My name is Tracey.  I'm extremely open minded.  I'll just say that.  
    • BLACKSPARKLES
      I have not been in a discussion group in years. Please bare with me.    I'm considering FFS Facial Feminization Surgery and breasts enlargement. I'm 58.   I am in Canada and planning to go to Montreal for the FFS.  I am 58 but didn't transition until I was 46. My idea for me and my body and mental health is to be and look more feminine.    I believe that the FFS and breast enlargement is what I need and want. Sure my age is a factor but not for my mental health but for the physical.  My health is not the greatest. But not bad either.    I have had my bottom surgery February 15th 2017.   I lost every one in my life from abandonment to death. Much more in between.  I am alone in life. My daily life consists of waking up playing my games then tv then bed.   I want to adopt 2 kitties. But if I'm to do this surgery I don't have a single person who can help. So this makes my life more difficult.  Please stop by to say hello. Tracey   
    • Willow
      I’ll bet you didn’t know that South Carolina has at least one and sometimes more earthquakes every month!  And no fracking here.     No wind mills either.  But for some reason we make a lot of ethanol.  We grow more trees than most but it’s all for paper and pole use. Cash crops are still cotton and tobacco.  Used to be a big producer of rice now it’s more of a unique crop, Carolina gold.  Pecans and peanuts are big too.  Lots of fruits and vegetable farms.    
    • Ashley0616
      Whew you sure did put up with a lot of negativity! More power to you. Do you still have to deal with her?
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.