• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

1 Year Anniversary

A. Dillon

It is hard to believe, but it has been a year since I started living my life as Dillon. Honestly, it doesn't feel like I was ever not Dillon. I am not on T yet, a big bummer for my hopeful self when I came out, but I have definitely made progress. I recently came out to the rest of my family, I got my name changed legally, and I am just a couple phones calls away from getting myself an appointment with a gender therapist. My family isn't really one for celebration, so I am not expecting a cake or anything like that. I am just going to celebrate by myself by reflecting on how much I and my life have changed. At first, I felt like I was only pretending to be a guy. I had truly no idea what I was doing, and didn't feel like I belonged anywhere.

Then I found this forum. I found support and understanding that I didn't have anywhere else, and learned a lot about myself. Without Transpulse, I doubt I would have made it this far in a year. I learned how to use the men's room, talk with a deeper voice, and pass as male with confidence and courage. Even if I am not comfortable in my body, at least I have come to terms with it. I feel less like an abnormality and a mistake, but just an accident that I can fix. Thank you all for supporting me, I can't wait for the day I get to look back on this year as when I finally met myself.

Congratulations Dillon.

And thank you for your post and the insight of what can be achieved in a year, even without T.

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, A. Dillon said:

It is hard to believe, but it has been a year since I started living my life as Dillon. Honestly, it doesn't feel like I was ever not Dillon.

Congratulations @A. Dillon. It sure goes faster than you expect, doesn’t it? You’ve really adapted well to the changes in your life. Thank you for sharing those changes with us over the past year. 

My Best,

Susan R?

Congratulations Dillon, Our anniversaries are very close. I presented a document to my wife on 25 October 2019 in which I talked through the issues I was facing and what I wanted to do about them.

It looks like you have found a way to be positive about yourself and it looks like you know what you need to fix. I hope you are able to complete your journey the way that you need and wish you well for your future.

• Forum Moderator

Super congrats. That is a great achievement.

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations Dillon!  This site was influential for me as well.  Simply knowing i wasn't alone meant a great deal to me.  Glad you are ab member.  We help each others as few can.

Hugs,

Charlize

Good job buddy, I am very proud of you, thank you for bringing me along with your journey, it's really cool >:)) 

Happy 1 year, am very proud of a fellow brother!

• Forum Moderator

@A. Dillon, Thanks for the update, and congratulations.

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe.

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations!

Also, you can purchase cake for yourself. Completely allowed. I'm going to pretend you bought one that says, "It's a boy!" because that makes me giggle. You completely earned this.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

Congratulations!

Also, you can purchase cake for yourself. Completely allowed. I'm going to pretend you bought one that says, "It's a boy!" because that makes me giggle. You completely earned this.

Hugs!

That is a genius idea- THIS IS NOW HOW I PLAN TO COME OUT TO MY CONSERVATIVE GRANDPARENTS (My aunt who is ~Dislike~ told me that if I came out to my grandfather he would hate me and disown me. My response was. "Yeah I don't wanna associate with you guys anywho-" Which accidently slipped out my mouth thankfully she didn't hear