• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Happier as the Opposite Gender?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jandi

• ElizabethStar

• Jackie C.

Thank you @ElizabethStar. The last month has been really difficult for me. I'm still trying to work through my "sad" problem, my doctor has upped my dose of antidepressant, seems to help.. lol. I'm happy to be back. I missed all you girls.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)

• Confused1
    • Tasha Marie
    • Andrea Jean
    • Mmindy
    • Jackie C.
    • Iris
    • Shay
    • SheenaT
    • Linda Marie
    • Hsarandos
    • Aurora
    • KathyLauren
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Flowers
    Newest Member
    Flowers

No users celebrating today
    • Shay
      Been trying so hard will do!   Hugs Right Back at You @Jackie C.
    • Jackie C.
      A folded piece of toilet paper held in front of your genitals will keep you from making a mess. There's a little spray but it's actually easier to control than when, for example, you get up to urinate in the middle of the night and the stream from your penis initially forks because the universe has decided to punish you in particular tonight. So yeah, a little foresight and preparation and you're good to go.   After a couple of weeks, I just sat, urinated, cleaned myself then got on my way. Here we are a year later and there are no issues. I'd recommend keeping your Kegel muscles strong with regular exercise, but that's more for sexual health and to prevent leaks.   Hugs!
    • Tasha Marie
      Good morning all. Been so busy last couple of days. I did do some investigating this morning and just found out that HRT will not effect me as far as my FAA flight medical. As long as I have no issues on it the FAA has no issues with me so I can keep on flying on HRT. 1 obstacle gone. Moving forward.🤗
    • Jackie C.
      Progress comes when you grab it.   Hugs!
    • Shay
      @Mia Marie first of all - congrats on 6 months. I'm at 8 months and it has been the best decision I've ever made. At my 6 month check my T was still too high and E too low so made adjustments and adding progesterone has helped with breast growth. I think think it matters much (at least to me) what format I receive meds but just am glad I have supervision to adjust to what is best for me and I'm glad you are as well. I'm not well versed in what CBC is and the only thing that comes to mind is Canadian Broadcasting Company and I don't think that's it. I'm happy for your monitored supervision and happy for you deciding on the route you have taken. Has it been good for you?
    • Aurora
      Hello All:   I have a question and wanted to know and have heard very little about it so I will also try to keep it as clean as possible.  So after your GCS surgery and you need to use the restroom, I have heard that the first month or 2 when using the restroom that it tends to spray more than be like a stream and when it sprays, it tends to get everywhere and usually due to the swelling and getting used to the new part for going to the restroom.  Then I heard that after awhile when the swelling starts to go down that it becomes less of a spray and more of a stream in time and also you then learn how to better control it when using the restroom.  So was wondering if this is correct and what is some of the post-op girls out their experience with using the restroom from right after GCS surgery and going to the 1 year after or more?   Thank You All   Side note, I have 46 days and counting till April 21st for my GCS surgery with Dr. Crane
    • Shay
      mellow time...............    
    • Shay
      i feel like I'm at standstill.
    • Shay
      time - fast and yet so slow.................
    • Shay
      Even though I feel like in a holding pattern - this song occurred to me this morning and has a lot to say to me today.    
    • Niamh
      I'm probably old enough to be your childs grandparent, but I'm going through some questioning about how to address my own legal name. I wonder if the solution I'm thinking of for myself may be appropriate for your child. I'm not sure if the same rules apply to official/registered names in USA (I'm in UK), but why not legally ADD your child's new name to their registered name. I have many friends and family who choose one of their first names to be known by. My Mother in Law for example has always be known by her 2nd registered name.   If you were to register your child's new name as their first but retain their original name as a second would this compromise work for you both?
    • Jackie C.
      Early on? Yeah. It takes a minute for your mind to settle into the idea that you're where you're supposed to be. The dysphoria monster keeps telling you that you're a fraud and that sends you tripping down the steps into a death spiral. It is very much a fake it until you make it situation. I misgender MYSELF sometimes. It gets easier with time though. Your new identity takes precedence over the one you wore for so long. When I feel like a fraud, I revel in something girly for a while. A romance novel, treatment, dressing hyper-femme for a bit, whatever. Just to remind myself how much I love being who I am.   Hugs!
    • Jackie C.
      Salutations @Hsarandos! Welcome to Transpulse!   So your son wants to be called Xi. That's the name that he thinks fits him the best. He likes it. He wants to be called Xi. Go for it. If he decides he wants to change it later, that's OK too. I didn't go with my first choice, but it's not really a big deal.   I think you're getting a little hung up on all the work you did to name your son. The thing with names though is that we hang them on someone before we really get to know them. Sure, you know your son fairly well (at least it seems like that, kudos for being supportive parents by the way) now, but how well did you know him when he was just born? Heck, you thought he was a girl!   His reluctance to go with his given name could be bad feelings because he associates it with being a girl. Sure, it's unisex, but when he wore it, it was while he was pretending to be a girl. He might not want the reminder. The time we spend pretending to be the gender everybody says we are hurts and your son might just want a clean break. I'm not saying you have to change it in the Official Records just yet. Let that ride for a while until he's sure. If that's the name he wants going forward as your son though? Call him Xi. Being trans is stressful enough, he needs your love, acceptance and support. It sounds like you're on the right track. Keep up the good work!   Hugs!
    • KathyLauren
      I hope your tooth feels better soon!   You could suggest that they do the interview by Zoom or Skype or something.  This is 2021: everyone uses technology for meetings.  They would still get to read your facial expressions and see how you present yourself, which is why they ask for in-person interviews.
    • Tasha Marie
      Thank you @Vanessa
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.