• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Muslims

YasminSalaam

Hello, I am a convert to Islam and a closeted trans woman. Basically, I was curious if it is likely that a muslim man would marry a transgender ever in the US

• Admin

All things are possible in matters of the heart, Yasmin.  There was a time when it was thought impossible, and was in fact illegal, for a White person to marry a Black person.  Times and people's attitudes change.

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

I have been stopped shortly after leaving an halal market and asked about my gender by a handsome man, then asked if i wanted to hang out.  Thats a long way from marriage buff i was single  gone who knows where it could have next.

Hugs,

Charlize

Hi @YasminSalaam!  nice to meet you, and Welcome!

I found this article that you might find interesting.  It also provides links to other sources at the bottom. 

https://www.hrc.org/resources/stances-of-faiths-on-lgbt-issues-islam

As with many other cultures and religions there are often obstacles at times for acceptance.  But as others have said .. Love Conquers All❣️

Deep breaths ... one step at a time

• 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

• awkward-yet-sweet
    • SarahLouise
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Outlook
    Newest Member
    Outlook

1. ClarkDiesInside
      ClarkDiesInside
      (15 years old)
    2. Naomi Knowles
      Naomi Knowles
      (32 years old)
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.foxnews.com/politics/minnesota-bill-would-make-state-trans-refuge-kids-seeking-transgender-medical-treatment     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/how-utahs-new-ban-on-gender-affirming-care-for-minors-is-affecting-trans-teens-in-the-state     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/trans-physician-uses-life-savings-keep-clinic-open-insurers-deny-reimb-rcna67415     What a nightmare!  Of course, it IS Louisiana, so there's that.  If it weren't for the oft-maligned mainstream media, she would likely have had to close here clinic and declare bankruptcy.  If they don't soon cut her some checks, she still might.  Good for her and her community that she kept fighting.   Carolyn Marie
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      The way I understand it, the reason medical insurance companies are denying surgeries and gender-affirming stuff is because it is not medically necessary.  "You can live a long and healthy life in your original body" is how they see it.  Of course, they don't take into account the mental health aspects or the self-harm-prevention aspects.  But then, they don't want to pay to prevent cancer or diabetes, so that shouldn't be a surprise.   For the foreseeable future, transgender surgical procedures and gender-affirming treatments will remain in the realm of cosmetic surgery.  Check if your plan covers nose jobs, breast enhancement, or liposuction to find out how it will go for other procedures.  We may not like it, but that's the world we live in right now.      "THE" church is kind of a myth at this point.  Too many different flavors.  You've got Catholics, Lutherans, Baptists, Presbyterians...and the list goes on.  I've seen a couple of places in the city flying rainbow flags, which seems a bit odd.  And there's folks on this forum who are clergy, not to mention others like me who are part of a faith community.  I don't believe that churches are a problem.  And even if they were, who has the right to "dismantle" them?  Regulating faith and establishing censorship might help one cause for a while, to the long-term detriment of liberty in general.     I agree that it would be lovely to eliminate most of the methods people use to finance campaigns.  You could shut down nearly all sponsorship, rather than attempting to target individual sponsors.  It would be nice to have political office within reach of common people, not just those who can amass billions for advertising and dinners.  We'd get rid of both Democrats and Republicans that way.  And term limits to get rid of perpetual office-holders in the House and Senate.  Nobody should be making politics into a profitable career.  Do a few years of sacrificial public service, then go away and live a quiet life.           
    • Mx.Drago
      Thanks Canada, I think... not sure cuz it's a petition. Hope it works out, but not holding my breath. If Canada went "yes" without the petition, then I'd might be a bit more hopeful. Feels like it's another trap, cuz there's no solid evidence my situation will improve moving there. Still have to get there and hope the people will be civil. Feels it's just going to be another marketing ploy, cuz the money must flow, like the Great American Dream...limited with no guarantees and no refunds. I have 0 rainbows, just Jupiter levels of storm clouds. Deleted so much cuz I'm trying not to go further off topic and there's too much... it's all too much. Federal and state laws are just guidelines subject to change and aren't stone, all are enforced case by case and only if there's money. 🤷🤦So depressed.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I was reminded of the WW2 balloon bombs the Japanese sent our way.  I wonder how long it will be before somebody straps a nuke to a weather balloon to produce an EMP over us.  🙄  
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      @VickySGV Yep.  I imagine 22% might be a bit high outside of urban areas, but it is becoming more common.  In my rural area, only a small number outside my family know exactly who/what I am.  To the rest... they mostly see my attachment to my family and faith community.  Boy/girl doesn't matter as much.  My friend is a bit more obviously trans.  But hanging out with me and my family, she's accepted too.  Part of being seen as nonthreatening is being seen as "normal," which means being linked to a mainstream, positive, or "in" group.   
    • VickySGV
      We are now up to 22% of the U.S. population who know they know a Trans person as a neighbor per the Williams Institute  here in CA.  This is one of the reasons I urge Trans/Enby to go out and volunteer for community service projects.  Do the work as a helpful person and maybe somewhere down the line, let them know you are Trans after they have seen the wonderful person hard at work or better yet have a friend of a friend let the others know that they know, and respect a Trans person.   It is one way I do it. 
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I couldn't give a rat's rump about the UN or its definitions.  Perhaps the legal definition in the USA matters...I prefer to just look at the meaning of the word.  Genocide = the killing of a type of people.  Usually organized killing.  We don't have that in the USA yet, and we can prevent it.  One of the easiest ways to avoid it is for people to stop being "trans" as their primary form of identity.  I'm a lot of things before I'm intersex/trans...and those things matter more to me than my gender and sexuality.    I see a future and a hope for everyone in the concept of local independence and our identity as each other's neighbors.  It was that "neighbor" identity that supported me after being assaulted.  In general, who we vote for in November may vary, but our goals are the same.  We want peace.  We want prosperity.  We want friendship, family, and contentment.  We might disagree about the policies that protect these things, but we have the same goals because we're humans.    I think the USA is probably too big to secure what we want, but having an identity as local neighbors can produce the cooperation we need.  Yes, diversity is strength...but it can only be strength if we have on overriding unity.  We don't have that as Americans, but we can have that locally as neighbors with a sense of "We Live HERE."  Locality can override race, gender, sexuality, and other factors.  At least, it seems to work where I live.   I want to work for a life in which Trump and Biden don't matter anymore...where the Supreme Court and both parties are relics of the past.   
    • Mx.Drago
      Been screaming internally and externally........how?
    • Mx.Drago
      If only it wasn't freezing, frozen.
    • Mx.Drago
      Life gives lemons, you've got lemons.😕
    • Marcie Jensen
      @MiraF Regarding Joe Biden, I wasn't referring to antisemitic remarks., (those belong to Ihlan Omar and some others) I was referring to blatant racism in a speech he made on the Senate floor in 1974. In this speech he came out against bussing to end segregation in the public schools stating that he was against school integration because, in his own words he didn't want his children "growing up in a jungle." That's but one example that's largely forgotten as are his political mentors included such people as James O. Eastland, Cory Booker and Strom Thurmond who was a member of the KKK for decades. Also, keep in mind that thee democratic party brought us, and supported, such friendly folks as George Wallace and perpetuated most of the Jim Crow legislation in the South that lasted from the reconstruction period to the 1980s. There isn't a dime's worth of difference between the two parties in any significant way on any issue.    As for US legal definitions not mattering, we're going to have to disagree. They do matter in the United States regardless of what any of us like or dislike.  That's just a fact, and facts are neither true nor false; they simply are. And it's a fact that UN definitions do not apply to the USA, just as US definitions of law do not apply in Canada or any other country. And rightly so.    And as for Roe, as early as the original decision was made, numerous legal scholars have argued that it was poor legal precedent as early as the 1970s including Leon Derschowitz who is pretty liberal. And, in the recent Roe decision, as I understand it, what SCOTUS to a rigid constittutionalist view and returned the decision to the states as there was no federal jurisdiction. My personal beliefs on this don't come into play here. The practical solution is for congress to enact legislation on the abortion issue, but they won't because it's a potential political firestorm and a really good wedge issue. As to how SCOTUS is going to vote on any anti-trans legislation that comes before, it might be a good idea to wait and see before casting judgement. The record of this court has been all over the place; particularly the votes of Roberts and Kavanaugh.  
    • Mx.Drago
      I miss my cat, best hugger.😞
    • Ticket For Epic
      OMG girl!  I've been of site for a while and almost didn't recognize you, you look incredible!  Whatever your doing, keep doing it cause it's working!  Hashtag transition goals!
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.