• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Covid Stimulus checks

HollyElizabeth

1 hour ago, HollyNoel said:

They passed the stimulus package but we are only getting $600. It should have been $1200, and it sucks that it's not. I'm still grateful for the $600, it's better than nothing. What makes me angry is that while we are only getting $600, Pakistan and other countries get millions. Our government needs to take care of us first and then the rest of the world. I don't mean to sound like that jackass Trump, but he's right, America and Americans should come before everyone else. If that makes me a horrible person for thinking that, fine, I'm a horrible person.

Americans do deserve more but officials be to busy giving corporations more money cuz they're "too big to fail..." Spend close to a trillion on military and they still get hacked. And we pay Isreal way more than Pakistan, and it be the size of NJ. When you look at the amounts we throw around here and there, and then they cry about the national debt is high blah blah... I only wonder why... Puerto Rico is our colony and they couldn't even give them aide. But man a whole $600...: internal scream:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mx.Drago

• Teri Anne

• Jackie C.

• Kiera

1 hour ago, Mx.Drago said:

Americans do deserve more but officials be to busy giving corporations more money cuz they're "too big to fail..." Spend close to a trillion on military and they still get hacked. And we pay Isreal way more than Pakistan, and it be the size of NJ. When you look at the amounts we throw around here and there, and then they cry about the national debt is high blah blah... I only wonder why... Puerto Rico is our colony and they couldn't even give them aide. But man a whole $600...: internal scream:

I just can't stand that we're expected to have 6-12 months worth savings in case of an emergency, but corporations who post record profits need to be bailed out on the regular because of a bad month. How are people supposed to save any money when minimum wage won't even cover rent in most places? I make more than that and I can't afford to live on my own even with my frugal ways. $600 is barely half my rent for a single month and I have a really good deal where I live. My rent should be far higher, but I rent from a nice couple who value the steady paycheck and nice neighbors so they've only raised my rent a tiny bit to cover their skyrocketing property taxes.

The sheer amount of money this country wastes while their people suffer is atrocious. People are literally dying not just from COVID-19, but from so many preventable things like diabetes. People don't have clean water. Children are starving. I'm not even covering the tip of the iceberg. But sure, let's dump trillions into the military and other countries... Obviously the problem with people in this country is that they're just lazy and want handouts. If they just worked harder and made more money (so they can pay more taxes), everything would be fine!

And all the millions going to the Sudan as well as other countries is nothing but a slap in the face to Americans that actually need the money right now.

Its like we are worthless in the eyes of the government.

I had to work my ass off for everything I have and there are a bunch of lazy Americans that think they are owed something from the government.

I have no use for people like that.

4 hours ago, Teri Anne said:

I had to work my ass off for everything I have and there are a bunch of lazy Americans that think they are owed something from the government.

I have no use for people like that.

Just curious, define "lazy Americans?" Are you talking about the rich, who dodge taxes by using offshore accounts and loopholes cuz they can afford accounting firms and lawyers, desperate people looking for money,  to make sure they aren't paying the full amount they owe the government?

Can't be the poor or middle class. They be hired to do most the work, but aren't paid adequately enough cuz they don't control the money or government. Can't be the disabled cuz they be... disabled but still need to do work.

1 hour ago, Susan R said:

Interesting response to the latest Covid Relief package by Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-veto-massive-covid-bill

I had a feeling...though I hate looking at Fox news but they are the otherside of things...:facepalm internal scream: I can only imagine how long it will take for them to agree, maybe while they are fixing the bill they throw in more unwanted presents, since the internet trademark stuff went through easy. But think happy thoughts, how much of my soul do I have to give for humanity and a $2000 Stim check.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Susan R said:

Interesting response to the latest Covid Relief package by Trump

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-threatens-to-veto-massive-covid-bill

I thought it was quite interesting that Schumer and Pelosi were all "Yay, lets get this done tomorrow" while the R leadership had "no comment."  I think that's because McConnell et. al. were having a massive Excedrin headache and were knee deep in a Scotch and soda, hold the soda.  LOL!

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Carolyn Marie said:

I think that's because McConnell et. al. were having a massive Excedrin headache and were knee deep in a Scotch and soda, hold the soda.  LOL!

Too funny...LOL Probably not too far off the mark though...haha!?

9 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

I thought it was quite interesting that Schumer and Pelosi were all "Yay, lets get this done tomorrow" while the R leadership had "no comment."  I think that's because McConnell et. al. were having a massive Excedrin headache and were knee deep in a Scotch and soda, hold the soda.  LOL!

Carolyn Marie

I wish I could afford descent scotch after all this craziness. Gave up soda mostly, except for the occasional ginger ale. Even more rare occasional root beer, or sarsaparilla but that sugar kills. Can't even look at coke anymore, destroys the plumbing and teeth, and ain't worth the pain, especially now. Been trying to reduce smoking, but I'm just cutting into the smallest things holding me together.  Dems be with Trump's, throw money at them... Republicans staring at the heavens wondering, who turned their reign off.

https://www.rawstory.com/bank/2000-a-month-stimulus/

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/all-eyes-on-mitch-democratic-congressional-leadership-joins-trump-in-support-of-2000-relief-bill/

Still waiting on that relief...but no surprises there.?

I still think he should VETO it as there is wayyy toooo much PORK in that bill and even $2,000 to individuals is CHUMP CHANGE compared to all the money being pissed away elsehere.

Most of America is doing JUST FINE and am truly sorry if you happen to reside in one of those dem controlled shutdown areas. Someone today told there's also money being sent for trans people support in . . . is it Afganistan?

If they dumped all the foreign aid that's going to go to other countries that's in this bill, they could literally give each adult 25k and still have money left over. Trump needs to veto this bill until they remove all the "pork" that has nothing to do with the virus. Help business, workers, and the poor and forget the rest. I read someone say that if Pakistan can afford to build nuclear missiles, they should be able to afford their own gender programs. I don't want to sound cruel, but why does the tax payers have to foot the bill for social programs in a country that not to long ago shouted they hated us.

• Admin
3 hours ago, HollyNoel said:

If they dumped all the foreign aid that's going to go to other countries that's in this bill, they could literally give each adult 25k and still have money left over.

I want to clear up something that is understandably confusing people, including, apparently, the president:  There are two bills pending signature.  One involves the stimulus money, which has nothing to do with the other Omnibus spending bill.  Only the latter has money earmarked for foreign aid.  It also has money for the military, including pay raises.  Trump has confused the two. Getting rid of the foreign aid wouldn't add that amount to the stimulus bill.  The Admin put the foreign aid money in there and the president should have known it was there, b/c its been in there for three years in a row.  He's just reacting to stuff he saw on the right wing media.

Carolyn Marie

I agree Holly.

I am not a Trump fan but he is right on this being a disgrace of a bill.

Pakistan and the Sudan don't need our money.

Carolyn its more the actual money factor that is pissing people off.

The government  is trillions in debt and giving away money willy nilly to countries that basically hate the USA.

The governments keeps saying they are broke and need money to keep the government running.

My point is Americans need the assistance right now so does small business which is the backbone of our economy and dishing out billions to other countries and expecting the American people to take a paltry $600 and "like it". or else.

Kind of a slap in the face don't you think?

Those other countries have money so why should we fund their gender  situation.

• Forum Moderator

Charity should begin at home. Don't give any foreign countries a dime. Has any of our loans to any country been paid back. No they just say FY. Thanks for the free $$$$$$.

The politicians need to just say. We have no debt. We don't owe anyone anything. $600 is chump change. The people who are working get the shaft. While people not working git the $600 plus $300 added to the unemployment they already get, and that extra $300 is every two weeks. So it adds up to a lot of money to someone not working. or even trying to find employment.

I need to quit as this kind of crap gets my blood pressure high.

Kymmie

https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-jets-off-to-mar-a-lago-with-covid-relief-vetoed-defense-budget-and-looming-shutdown-up-in-the-air/

Well... Maybe next year we'll get stimulus. Cuz Trump spent the day pardoning friends, waving goodbye to Bill Barr, then making a special counsel for review of the 2020 election. Veto the defense bill but that ok cuz that can easily be passed back ways round, but he didn't look at the spending bill. So we'll have a government shutdown if it's not done by Monday. And then left... For Mar-a-Lago Christmas Vacation.

Saw this thought it funny cute (from here?

1*PZepGPgU2fXGRiDfVDejyA.jpeg

"Yes, it may look like a sharpie, but I assure you, this is clearly the authentic writing of the men who built our country. It is written right there clear as day for anyone to read.

So anyone claiming Biden won is going against our constitution and is committing treason."

• Forum Moderator

I don't know @Kiera, that looks more like Crayon to me. Sharpie hardly ever has crinkles in letters like that.

If I go back to bed, does the nightmare end?

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Actually "We the people" never elected him.  That was the electoral college the first time and this time both the popular vote and the electoral collage agreed.  The election is over so perhaps it is time to let that go?  Meantime it will take more than a tax cut on the rich( whose rates are as low as nearly a century ago) and a trickle to each of us to get the economy up and running again.

Hugs,

Charlize 

Sorry @Jackie C.
But we all be trapped in... The Twilight Zone... They all float... They all float.

I'll just listen to my Perfect Circle-Emotive Album and trying not to cry as I think of the people, we lost, are going to lose, and are left adrift. But we have two vaccines being tested on our health workers and elderly. Just hope those sacrifices will not go in vain. We together are strong, but are only as strong as the community that supports us. It happens even in the wildest of fantasies that once the community starts turning on themselves, doesn't end so well. Take more than a X-mas miracle, and I don't think it's wise waiting for the favors of dreams and fantasy.

• Forum Moderator

Not even a good episode of the Twilight Zone. I can think of several people I'd like to "wish into the cornfield" about now.

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Not even a good episode of the Twilight Zone. I can think of several people I'd like to "wish into the cornfield" about now.

Hugs!

Sadly, content quality was never a concern. Honestly feels like 80s and 90s cartoon villains took over the show and there be no heroes. Just living with the thought that, those who be greedy and hoard for themselves, seclude themselves to a desert full of starving vultures and beasts. 

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

I can think of several people I'd like to "wish into the cornfield" about now.

OMG Did you see the original? I was only 7 when first saw this one, older brother took me mom didn't know!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 101 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • MAN8791
    • Lydia_R
    • KathyLauren
    • RaineOnYourParade
    • Justine76
    • SamC
    • Petra Jane
    • April Marie