• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Waiting to tell a friend sucks.

Red_Lauren.

I have one last ally to tell about me going down the road to woman hood. I haven't seen her since October because she has been on medical leave. As close as we are. I feel like this is some thing that can't be said over a text or a phone call. I would rather tell her in person. Mostly because of her reaction she probably will have. It will be positive that I know, but she dose get super excited over small things, and will want to celebrate it. Which is fine, and is the reason why I cant wait to tell her. I just have a few more weeks to till I see her again. 

@Red_Lauren., wishing you the best with coming out to your friend, I'm hopeful she'll be positive and supportive as you predict she will be - and it is definitely something to celebrate! I agree that it's nearly always better to come out in person, but with the pandemic I haven't been able to do that with several people. Instead did a Zoom call with them to make it a little more personal in this virtual world we're living in right now.

Love,

~Audrey.

I know she will be supportive. When I finally came out to her as a cd last spring she was super open, and i found out later. She grew up around dragqueens, and the trans scene. Her teenage daughter is also a lesbian. 

• Forum Moderator

There was one person that I waited to tell as I hadn't seen him much despite living within an hour of me.  We used to race together.  We do converse over email regularly.  In October he asked if I wanted to meet for lunch.  I demurred as I am not going out socially now due to the virus.  I ended up calling him to reiterate why I was being cautious and at that point I told him I had transitioned.  It was a non-event.  We still share silly stories and memes as well as interesting "car news."  

Don't fret Lauren.  This friend seems like a good one.  

Jani

She really is. She is also the reason why I'm transiting in a way. She's been battling breast cancer since June. She was suppose to have been done by now, but some minor hiccups happened. Anyway, her being positive through the whole thing, and watching a friend go through this. Made me realize not to take life for granted, and go enjoy the little life we have.