• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Come Monday

Guest DreamFighter

Guest DreamFighter

I hope it is OK to post this here!!!

Ok so heres a quick up to date on myself.....

I am completely lost and foremost afraid I am going to lose my playground family for being so lost and confused.

I beg on my backbone that noone gives up hope for me cause dear GOD I am just out there is a blank world filled with so much to offer.... PFFT... Right!!!

I was talking to a family member of mine a cousin, she basically found out about the whole he and him and sir and yes I do wear a pack and I bind so I can

hide these hideous gagas for boobs. She is perfectly ok with that. BIG RELIEF... Whew!!! She convinced me that it was time to start a new life. So in the

middle of May I filled out an application to work with her... Not technically next to her but in the same building with her.. So I did that and I got to thinking to

myself this place is not to going to hire me cause they are going to look deep into my work history and see that all I have had was loser jobs since high

school. And college was not an option at the time. Well I took my phone interview which lasted 10 minutes and 51 seconds when the lady asked me if I

wanted to proceed with the application I felt like smacking her through the phone like come on now I completed a survey for almost and hour I sat here

biting every nail down to the quick waiting for this phone call and was beginning to look at my toe nails (just kidding) now seriously uh YES!!!! I want to

proceed with this application. So in her response is "someone will call you within 14 days of this phone interview and once they do please go to your

interview dressed business like persona" du du dunnn...... And now I am completely frailed twisted an I must say I have had a headache since then. I

waited and waited I finally gave up I said to myself I am just an ordinary worker who will be just the same for the rest of my life. Then out of the blue 7

business days later I seen a light in the tunnel. A phone call!!!! I was warm at the heart an filled with bliss an I was just all goo goo gaa gaa. I have an

interview Monday morning!!!!!!! Oh this is just great I feel like I am in heaven but also I feel like I am in hell too. First thing comes first I have went to SO

MANY job interviews but was NEVER asked to dress in business persona. I am going to pull out every little hair I have left on my head. I am in complete

need of help. So I have asked my cousin please tell me what am I susposed to wear... A dress and walk in there looking like a drag queen I mean come on

seriously I would not even joke myself but technically I am a ugh female... Or do I wear a shirt and tie with slacks and dress shoes like I am used to doing if

it is something important. She told me to go with that and when the dress ordeal came through I don't think I have ever seen my cousin fall to the floor

laughing so hard she almost peed in her shorts. So I am wearing a dark outfit. Now I am still lost. If I get this job and dress is casual shorts does not fall in

that category. Every job that I have had consisted on me wearing a uniform so I have no dress casual clothes. Everyday do I play dress up an try an look

my best.. What am I to do? Now my biggest an hardest is this interview. I am going to be given a series of situational questions. How quickly my response

and how accurate my response is going to determine if I have my foot in the door with this job or not? So please I need any advice on clothes how I am

susposed to go about what to wear if I get this job and the biggest is overcoming the fear of an interview and please give me advice on how to handle

situational questions. This is driving me apricots.....

-Hopelessly counting on my brothers and sisters *sigh*

Guest joe0117

Ok DreamFighter

First - Congrats on the job interview! Interview always tend to make people nervous so that is normal. I would suggest, if you present and live full time as male then it is appropriate to go in a shirt and tie. That is business or professional dress. I would think you might be more comfortable starting off just being honest with yourself in how you respond to the questions. Answer as you. The worst thing you can do is overanalyze or try to think about well if I say this then it can be interpreted as this... Just be yourself. You did well with the phone interview and got a call back so the definitely like you! Why wouldn't they? Good Luck!!!! :)

Joe

DreamFighter,

Joe gave you very good advice, just be yourself and answer honestly - don't try to figure out the 'right' response, they want to know what you would do - honesty is a plus so answer honestly.

Relax, you should do just fine and remember no one is going to hurt you so breath and be happy.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest DreamFighter

Joe

I am trying to think of myself as being myself I think I could have this whole dressing connection done correctly. Yes everyone I have talked to about this interview is like BE YOURSELF that is what they are looking for. I am just convinced that I will over react when it comes to a specific question that they ask me. It is just so promising to hear words that you express to me how could they not like me. I have another family member that applied for the same job and she got turned down so I heard that my hardest part is over the 120 question test that they made me sit here an do for an hour was susposed to be my brain teaser and since I passed that with flying colors I am hoping an praying that I walk in this joint with a straight face an walk out with a huge smile *sigh*

Guest DreamFighter
DreamFighter,

Joe gave you very good advice, just be yourself and answer honestly - don't try to figure out the 'right' response, they want to know what you would do - honesty is a plus so answer honestly.

Relax, you should do just fine and remember no one is going to hurt you so breath and be happy.

Love ya,

Sally

So you promise me that they are not going to stick a gun to my head an tell me to answer. I mean cause its bad enough I have no fingernails left what more could they possibly ask for I have already agreed to a drug test a fingerprint test all that what do they want a limb blood hair...

No, beatings, removal of limbs and shootings are reserved for current emploees, never new applicants!

They are looking for people to work.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest joe0117

I bet you will knock their socks off! Try to remember to breathe! It will help you stay level. They want to know what you would do - so be honest and tell them. Don't be afraid if they ask how you would handle a situation and you draw a blank to say I'm not sure. Emphasize that you would ask for guidance, trouble shoot, whatever might be an appropriate (I'll get the information as soon as I can and I know how to utilize resources in the mean time) Don't panic and feel like you blew the interview. There is a reason jobs have training periods and supervisors when you are hired. I'll be thinking of you!

Joe

Guest Evan_J

Joe's all over this one and he's right. Just be you. One of the best tips I got on goin to interviews is "go as if you're going to your first day of work." Cuz that's what they're assessing. How you'll be at work. You will be FINE.

Guest DreamFighter
No, beatings, removal of limbs and shootings are reserved for current emploees, never new applicants!

They are looking for people to work.

Love ya,

Sally

Oh gee thanks current employees I am going to get this job an walk in one day an it will be that one of the managers went haywire an it will be bloody sunday bloody or my bloody valentine love you too sally what a wonderful way to look at it at least i am smiling over here an not in panic maybe a good movie out hmmm wonder what my mother is doing popcorn sounds good too. just to get my mind at ease from a bloody massacre in the next state over from me

Guest DreamFighter
I bet you will knock their socks off! Try to remember to breathe! It will help you stay level. They want to know what you would do - so be honest and tell them. Don't be afraid if they ask how you would handle a situation and you draw a blank to say I'm not sure. Emphasize that you would ask for guidance, trouble shoot, whatever might be an appropriate (I'll get the information as soon as I can and I know how to utilize resources in the mean time) Don't panic and feel like you blew the interview. There is a reason jobs have training periods and supervisors when you are hired. I'll be thinking of you!

Joe

I am just afraid I will forget breathing heck I want to look my best and feel great when I walk in there the fear of rejection comes sitting on my plate Panic is in my back door it is just mind boggling. I feel in my HEART I can ace this like it was a spelling bee contest but in my HEAD its like wow I feel like its a math test that is never ending an either way it goes I will fail it anyhow. So right now I am praying that my heart can win me over and not my head. Joe you are awesome I hope I do knock their socks off

Guest DreamFighter
Joe's all over this one and he's right. Just be you. One of the best tips I got on goin to interviews is "go as if you're going to your first day of work." Cuz that's what they're assessing. How you'll be at work. You will be FINE.

So Evan Pulling my hair out is no longer an option an my current job I am at I remember my first day like it was yesterday I am calm an cool an hell I learned so fast that it was like clockwork. Hey I may have this all together then. OR if the interviewer is hot I could possibly just sit there with a grin on my face an say oh la la.

Guest ~Brenda~

Well DreamFighte,

I see you have been given a lot of great advice. Now I will add my two cents. The interviewing process for most companies is multistaged (resume review, phone interview, personal interview, internal interview discussions). You have passed the resume review and phone interview stage. That is really good!! This means that the company is serious about hiring you and is willing to take time to personally interview you. This is where you can shine!! In the personal interview you can now show them who you realy are and demonstrate what an asset you would be to the company. Part of the interview can be "situational questions". What the interviewer is actually trying to assess here is what is your moral character like. More specifically the interviewer is determining if you would be a liabilty risk if they hired you (theft and lawsuits are a constant concern for companies). Now, remember, they have asked you in for a personal interview (and quickly after the phone interview) you practially have the job in the bag!! As for the situational questions, just be the good, kind, loving person that you are and you will be just fine. They just want to make sure if they hire you there won't be a sexual harassment lawsuit made by another employee against the company and you shortly thereafter.

As far as what to wear for the interview (dark suit is best!!). A conservative buisiness suit works everytime!! If you are concerned about gender, well there are plenty of genderless suits available (just look around).

After you are hired, then just wear what seems appropriate and makes you comfortable. I should not tell you this but I will. When you have established yourself in the company you can get away with a lot more with regards to attire.

I hope this helps

bernii

Guest DreamFighter
Well DreamFighte,

I see you have been given a lot of great advice. Now I will add my two cents. The interviewing process for most companies is multistaged (resume review, phone interview, personal interview, internal interview discussions). You have passed the resume review and phone interview stage. That is really good!! This means that the company is serious about hiring you and is willing to take time to personally interview you. This is where you can shine!! In the personal interview you can now show them who you realy are and demonstrate what an asset you would be to the company. Part of the interview can be "situational questions". What the interviewer is actually trying to assess here is what is your moral character like. More specifically the interviewer is determining if you would be a liabilty risk if they hired you (theft and lawsuits are a constant concern for companies). Now, remember, they have asked you in for a personal interview (and quickly after the phone interview) you practially have the job in the bag!! As for the situational questions, just be the good, kind, loving person that you are and you will be just fine. They just want to make sure if they hire you there won't be a sexual harassment lawsuit made by another employee against the company and you shortly thereafter.

As far as what to wear for the interview (dark suit is best!!). A conservative buisiness suit works everytime!! If you are concerned about gender, well there are plenty of genderless suits available (just look around).

After you are hired, then just wear what seems appropriate and makes you comfortable. I should not tell you this but I will. When you have established yourself in the company you can get away with a lot more with regards to attire.

I hope this helps

bernii

Bernii,

Everyone has given me so much hope that I have this job like it was a piece of cake. I am in upper management where I work now. Actually I have had to go to 4 different classes to get to where I am today. It is a very stressful place to be if you get overwhelmed with customer disputes, but I let them talk and I let them tell me what it is that bothering them the most an before they can get that last breath out I in a calm voice say ok this is what I can do for you. Hoping that they listen to what I am saying most of the time it works I would say 98% of the time it works. I love to charm people and I will always be concerned with what their needs are. Granted you kinda made my eyes get big when you said theft... I deal with a lot of money in my work now as it is, I am a keyholder for my job so obviously there is some trust in me... lol. You really put a smile on my face when you said that I was a kind loving person I haven't heard that one in a GREAT while. But I am going to PLUNGE at it I think I have burn holes in my rugs now from me pacing the floors but I must say I am ready for this ready as much as I can be...

much love

Dream

Guest DreamFighter

Ok everyone here goes....

I officially have less than 24 hours an I will be sitting in the interview that will determine how my life will change right in front of me...

I am not staying here tonight I am actually going to work tonight which really blows corn muffins. I will be there until late tonight..

Gives me soooo much time to rehearse my time for tomorrow.

Oh an so much sleep too.

I doubt I will be getting any of that as well.

I am staying with a friend who has actually helped me through to get the job as far it has gotten me.

So to make matters a little easier for me I will stay in the playground until I have to go to work today, but after I leave for work I will not be around a

computer until tomorrow night. Late. So I really hope this is thumbs up for me I am still looking for all the percentage of support I can get

Hopefully the fireworks will come earlier than 4th of July this year!!!!

Love DREAM

Guest DreamFighter

Oh

1 more thing I wanted to say...

When everyone says "ask questions" interviewers always in the end of an interview want you to ask questions...

What kind of questions am I susposed to ask?

This seems to be like an exam I am getting ready for when everyone is telling me to take deep breaths here I am going back in panic mode trying to

think of questions......

Guest mia 1

Remember after they explain the benefit program and all the goodies they are offering and the goals they have for the company and your department and the specific way you will fit into the "Company" and then they ask you for the specific questions..."Ask what can I do to advance myself and show that I have a sincere interest in bettering this company in the marketplace and in advancing our field with the public..." take a breath look the interviewer in the eye and let him answer you questions and shake his ahnd...and let him lead you to your work station.....whew!!!!! That's a lot but that's all you need for the first good impression.....and good luck....Mia

Guest DreamFighter
Remember after they explain the benefit program and all the goodies they are offering and the goals they have for the company and your department and the specific way you will fit into the "Company" and then they ask you for the specific questions..."Ask what can I do to advance myself and show that I have a sincere interest in bettering this company in the marketplace and in advancing our field with the public..." take a breath look the interviewer in the eye and let him answer you questions and shake his ahnd...and let him lead you to your work station.....whew!!!!! That's a lot but that's all you need for the first good impression.....and good luck....Mia

Thanks Mia

Would an appropriate question to ask them is "where do you see the company in 10 years" cause in every interview I have ever been in I have quite

often get the question so "where do you see yourself in 10 years"

Is that an appropriate way of going about it.

DREAM

Yes by all means, it shows an interest in the company's future and shows that you intend to be a part of it.

The only bad questions ar, "How much do I get paid and when do I get my First raise?"

And obviously, "Did you know that you have a hair growing out of that wart on your chin?"

Seriously, like everyone says, relax and when it comes time to ask questions anything that you would like to know about the company - and avoid the what's in it for me type.

Pretty easy - you've got it made.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest DreamFighter
Yes by all means, it shows an interest in the company's future and shows that you intend to be a part of it.

The only bad questions ar, "How much do I get paid and when do I get my First raise?"

And obviously, "Did you know that you have a hair growing out of that wart on your chin?"

Seriously, like everyone says, relax and when it comes time to ask questions anything that you would like to know about the company - and avoid the what's in it for me type.

Pretty easy - you've got it made.

Love ya,

Sally

Oh Sally,

You just know how to make me smile everyday. LOL. I would not dare say something like that during an interview. It would blow their mind I would

probably get thrown off the property then. And we talk about losing limbs and everything else. I just scanned my id and ss card so they wouldn't have to do

it tomorrow I guess its called preparing myself. Next I am going to pull out the clothes that make me look best. So hopefully they can say YES YOU HAVE

THE JOB.... I AM SOOOOO COUNTING ON IT.

love

DREAM

Guest DreamFighter

So heres the news. I actually got in an out pretty fast. Funny how people stress so much on the little things especially when Sally says they are not going to

bite you its just an interview. So I took my deep breaths I followed all procedures I went in there an took it like a man. I was walking with glory I introduced

myself as like no other. I honestly thought that this interview was going to last me up to an hour in a half. Funny thing is is it lasted 35 minutes. So I went

in an I was myself just like everyone here has said I was complete in my sentencing I was not shy and honestly I think I was more nervous when it came to

me having to talk to the man in security just to get through the doors. Wow isn't that amazing. Ok Ok Ok I know ya'll are probably like come on with the

program tell us did you get it did you huh huh huh. Ok Officially not yet. The rest of my app must be reviewed by someone else in HR. BUT........... My

interviewer liked me so much that she said if it was up to her she would hire me right then and there....... But because of the hiring freeze she can not do that

cause I have to wait until July to get into a class. So technically I got the job. Officially I must wait another 24 -72 hours to find out. And on that note when

I left I sat down on a bench talking to my cousin that works their and her boss come running out there after her. She keenly introduced me to her as hi this

is my cousin the one who was coming in this morning for the interview... This lady out of nowhere asked me what my interviewers name was an asked me

how it went when I explained to her that no classes opened until July but she said if she could she would hire me today. This lady looked at me and said you

are now an employee for us. I was like Jesus Almighty..... SOOOOO...............

I waited around for my other cousin to come out on her lunch and I swear to ya'll not I got "cruised" by me a flaming hot boy. I was all over that like flies on

****. So me is happy now I can't wait for that phone call. To see when mes starts....

Love

Dream

YEAH!

It wasn't so bad was it?

Let me know when to bake that cake!

Love ya,

Sally