• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Surgery Date Scheduled

pandamom

Hi, it's Pandamom again. I asked for advice in the FTM thread a while back, and got such great answers; I'm hoping the experience will repeat itself. My son is having Top Surgery next week in Austin at the Crane Center (Dr. Crane and Dr. DeLeon). I am paying for everything out of pocket. My question is what should I expect when my son comes out of surgery. I have viewed the videos provided by the Crane Center, so I know, kind of, what to expect. I guess what I want to know is what should I watch out for, how do I keep my son comfortable while healing and basically anything that will help the process along. If you've had FTM top surgery, what was important to you and to your recovery? What took you by surprise? Any nuggets of wisdom, advice, and/or personal experiences will help me better take care of my son. Thank you for helping.

Pandamom

• Forum Moderator

Hi!  While I have not had this surgery I'm sure someone will pop in to comment.  I would possibly expect them to be a little sore and a lot of happy.   Thanks for being a supportive parent. 

Jani