• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Article about pandemic impacting gender expression

Audrey

Interesting article from USA Today about how the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted style, beauty, and gender expression for some transgender people. I find it's allowed me to be *more* expressive than I might have otherwise been:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2021/01/25/how-lgbtq-community-style-changed-during-coronavirus-pandemic/4220796001/

Love,

~Audrey.

• Forum Moderator

Interesting article.

I haven't used makeup since the pandemic began.  No point, when everything is covered by a mask.  But I find myself dressing more upscale than the occasion demands.  I'll even dress nicely if we are just going to the drive-thru restaurant and not even planning to get out of the car!  I might as well, because when else am I going to wear all my nice clothes?

Just having to homeschool means I get zero time to dress as myself with the kids being about, so it has made a huge impact on my mood. I have had a few foundational conversations with them though so hopefully when we have "the talk" they will both accept it. That and the highlight of 2020 for me was going to visit my GT via Starbucks all masked up because it was literally my only day out. ? I guess it will impact differently for us all :)