• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Where In The World Is Lizzie Sandiego?

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Watch out world, I'm headed to northern Louisiana and I haven't showered in 3 days!

After that I'm headed out to Ft Worth TX for a monday night arrival and delivery. After that, I have no idea.

I've been cruising east and west around the south. My last trip started in Tulsa OK and ended in Miami FL! This current trip started in Tampa FL and ends in Ft Worth.

I will say, Miami is now my #2 city of places I hate driving in. (NYC being #1). People are so rude! They cut you off, cut in front of you if you are taking too long..and I think there's a problem. It seems many cars in FL aren't being built with turn signals! I see them on the cars but I guess the light inside burned out or something.

Guest Soph

I've heard Florida drivers are terrible from my half-brother (who lives in West Palm Beach). The biggest city I've ever driven in is State College :P Never heard of it? Not completely surprised.

Guest Eagledancer

I would like to say...welcome to Cowtown in advance!!! Should you ever find yourself truckin' west of Fort Worth on I-20 and come through a watering hole called Cisco, Texas just let the 'ole air horn blow, and a big blessing of safe travels will be sent your way!!! Actually since I know you will be on the road, I will light a travel candle for you. I am silly that way. Unless you have to take I-30 through Big D, I would dodge that like the plague. I-20 is longer since it loops the metroplex, but there are usually less cars and more rigs because of this fact. Hope you have fun while you visit our fine state! ~Chay~

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
I've heard Florida drivers are terrible from my half-brother (who lives in West Palm Beach). The biggest city I've ever driven in is State College :P Never heard of it? Not completely surprised.

in PA? Not only have I heard of it, I've driven through it!

(several times as a matter of fact)

According to Seinfeld the Florida State falg should be a steering wheel with a hat and two knuckles.

If you see a turn indicator don't believe it - it is on for the eventual left it is good for up to two weeks and can be used at anytime without warning.

Do try to avoid I-30 through Dallas and 635 as well - the only worse roads in Texas are I-45 and I-10 through Houston!

Take care and enjoy a Monday night in Fort Worth - maybe it has more to do than Cisco!

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Where I've Been

This should help. The pink states are where I've been. The white ones are where I haven't been to. I've also been in and around Washington D.C.

(this isn't including Alaska or Hawaii because..well..the companies I've been with don't go there)

For the most part, if it's a major city in any of the pink states...I've been to it or through it. (except CA where I was only in LA, Sacramento and San Jose)

A lot of the midwest and south states I've been to big cities, small towns, and unincorporated towns.

Largest city I've been to is either LA or NYC.

Smallest city was in South Dakota somewhere with a population of 82

I've also toured a lot of PA. Like my previous post, do I know where State College is? Sure do..been there. Go Nittany Lions!

Guest Elizabeth K

I-20 girl - wow! I am an I-10 person - always have lived within 3 miles of I-10 (and I-12) except 4 years when I lived in Dallas.

You know that I-10 narrows down to one lane in Baton Rouge and near Slidell... great engineering! Truckers marvel on that!

And in New Orleans its considered a tourist thing to use your turn signals because it allows someone enough notice to cut you off. And they tightened up on running red lights, the third car through can now get a ticket.

So Lizzie my sister - you are a marvel!

Thank you for this fun topic!

Lizzy two

Guest Lizzie McTrucker
And in New Orleans its considered a tourist thing to use your turn signals because it allows someone enough notice to cut you off. And they tightened up on running red lights, the third car through can now get a ticket.

I'm so grateful I've never been to New Orleans after reading this.

I'm so grateful I've never been to New Orleans after reading this.

And the roads and traffic got worse after Katrina!

I was ther in January before the hurricane and then February of the next year - what a mess and the traffic had been bad, but it was unbelievable then - I hope it has gotten better.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Evan_J
Watch out world, I'm headed to northern Louisiana and I haven't showered in 3 days!

After that I'm headed out to Ft Worth TX for a monday night arrival and delivery. After that, I have no idea.

I've been cruising east and west around the south. My last trip started in Tulsa OK and ended in Miami FL! This current trip started in Tampa FL and ends in Ft Worth.

I will say, Miami is now my #2 city of places I hate driving in. (NYC being #1). People are so rude! They cut you off, cut in front of you if you are taking too long..and I think there's a problem. It seems many cars in FL aren't being built with turn signals! I see them on the cars but I guess the light inside burned out or something.

Thanks for the tip ! **Note to self: Move to miami, you will fit right in. :)

Guest Lizzie McTrucker

Let's see, yesterday I was in Dallas/Ft Worth.

Today I'm in Amarillo

tomorrow I'll be driving RIGHT PAST Trinidad, CO.

(I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating that must feel)

Guest Donna Jean
Let's see, yesterday I was in Dallas/Ft Worth.

Today I'm in Amarillo

tomorrow I'll be driving RIGHT PAST Trinidad, CO.

(I'm sure you can imagine how frustrating that must feel)

OMG, Lizzie......

Drop me off in Trinidad......DROP ME OFF IN TRINIDAD!!!!!!!

Don't forget, Honey...you get up in Ohio...I owe you a meal at one of the very FINEST truck stops you'll find! Heck, They use DOUBLE lard in the biscuits and 8 slices of bacon on every breakfast plate...tons of greasy home fries and gravy that you can stand a shovel up in!

Now THAT'S good eatin'!

And when you go by Trinidad...at least roll down your window and yell HEY!

HUGGS

Donna Jean