• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I am a wife!

Aggie1

I woke up this morning as a wife! I had a wonderful talk with my wife last night about how we move forward as wife and wife. She related some couples she knew from years ago whose marriage fell apart when the husband came out as trans, and she was greatly saddened by it. I have imagined what it would be like to be a wife in the quiet recesses of my brain when I was sure nobody was listening. However now that I have actually voiced these thoughts and had them validated, it's different from what I had imagined. I'm more of a motherly type than I had imagined. It feels good to know that when I look at her I have permission to act like a wife.

This is a new feeling. Weird and wonderful at the same time. My voice hasn't changed much, still in the male spectrum, bordering on female when I get excited. I'm starting to consciously raise my voice box when I talk but it feels unnatural at the moment. I've been listening to transgendervoice lessons. I have a long way to go!

• Forum Moderator

Congratulations! My spouse is easily the keystone of my support structure. Without her I don't know what I would have done. Probably something stupid.

And yeah, I went all motherly too. More than once my spouse has said, "I love the way you take care of me." I do the same thing for my found family. They get baked treats and unconditional support. Providing both just feels so very right.

1 hour ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I'm starting to consciously raise my voice box when I talk but it feels unnatural at the moment. I've been listening to transgendervoice lessons. I have a long way to go!

Practice practice practice! It took me 6-9 months to get my voice to "passing" and about a year to really start nailing it down. Practice every day. Keep your water handy. You'll get there!

Hugs!

Agnes, it's so nice to hear that you are still a happy couple.  It's such a testament to the fact that love and understanding is way more than skin deep.

19 hours ago, AgnesBardsie said:

I had a wonderful talk with my wife last night about how we move forward as wife and wife.

You have a Wonderful Wife, Agnes! .. and Now! you ARE one ? Congratulations❣️