• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hello

Cynthia Frank

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Cynthia Frank said:

Hello, this is my first post. 

Thank you,

Have a lovely day,

Cynthia

Hello Cynthia! Welcome to Transpulse! We're glad you're here!

Hugs!

• MaryEllen changed the title to Hello
22 hours ago, Cynthia Frank said:

Hello, this is my first post. 

Hi Cynthia!  nice to meet you and, Welcome!

You've found a great place and Community as you will soon find out.  Take your time to get acquainted, and don't be shy to jump in❣️

Deep breaths ... one step at a time

• Forum Moderator

Hi Cynthia,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here!

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf?

Hello, everyone.

This time have been stressful. I was baptized at the NYC Mormon temple in Nov. 

Many Mormon women sent me nice messages, wanted to get to know me and added me on FB.

When they found out I was trans, they shunned me completely. I never heard from them again.

I wanted to get an AA sponser. I had gone to a women's meeting before the shut down, so I got in touch with the organizer (Elle). She found out and shunned me too.

I transitioned 20 years ago and pass completly. I'm not bragging since it does me no good. 

I have no one here in New York.

I have a PhD from Columbia but will never work again. 

3 hours ago, Cynthia Frank said:

When they found out I was trans, they shunned me completely. I never heard from them again.

I wanted to get an AA sponser. I had gone to a women's meeting before the shut down, so I got in touch with the organizer (Elle). She found out and shunned me too.

This sux.   But welcome to the forums, you won't be shunned here.

• Forum Moderator

Hello @Cynthia Frank.  Unfortunately there are many religious people that are short sighted and only see life in the manner that meets their world view.  There are many good religious people but they quietly practice their faith.  Keep looking and I am sure you will find the faith community you seek. As to an AA sponsor, I cannot help as I have never been involved with AA but I have friends that have.  We have online meetings here that you might avail yourself of.  At least it would be a start.  

Please join in the conversation here.  As @Jandi noted you will not be shunned but accepted for who you are, a beautiful human being just trying to make it through life!  

Cheers, Jani  

• Admin

I would suggest looking to either the Metropolitan Community Churches in your area or the Episcopal or Evangelical Lutheran Churches who despite of their name are welcoming and accepting of Trans people.  All three of those churches have it in their canons and other church law that we are very welcome.  I am Episcopalian and had my Baptismal Name officially changed by the church and I have Trans friends galore in the church all over the country.  

Right now AA meetings are being done via Zoom or other platforms, and there are sponsors available from the Trans AA Zoom meetings that @Charlize can tell you about.  I am on the other side of the continent here.  I have co sponsored Trans friends and helped their "Official" sponsors work on and with Trans folks for the comfort and progress of both of them.  The fact I have Charlize tagged will get her in to help her.

I don't know why you equate Trans and your College degree never working again.  I have two Phd. friends that are teaching while out at two of the California State University schools, and another who is a doctoral candidate working at the University of California Santa Barbara, and two looking a Master's degrees at USC right now and good and continued work prospects in store for them.  You have a lot of hope there.

On 2/17/2021 at 7:06 AM, Jackie C. said:

Hello Cynthia! Welcome to Transpulse! We're glad you're here!

Hugs!

Welcome. I'm new too

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, SheenaT said:

Welcome. I'm new too

I know! I approved your first post, but then I had a phone interview and kind of got sidetracked. ?

I'm glad you're here too sweetie!

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I know! I approved your first post, but then I had a phone interview and kind of got sidetracked. ?

I'm glad you're here too sweetie!

Hugs!

?

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Cynthia Frank said:

I transitioned 20 years ago and pass completly. I'm not bragging since it does me no good. 

I have no one here in New York.

I have a PhD from Columbia but will never work again.

Hello Cynthia Frank. Glad you’re on board here and hope you enjoy your time on our forum. You sound like you could do practically anything you wanted with your life given the desire to do it. You may find something you really enjoy doing sometime in the near future. I try to avoid absolutes like never because it places a mental limitation on me. Fate usually has a way of proving me wrong down the road when I do. The opportunities we have available today are not the same opportunities that will be available to us tomorrow.

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulties with your church. If they won’t accept you for you, it’s their loss. No one needs to work their life around that. There are others out there that will accept you as you are. Don’t lose hope. *Hugs* ?

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

16 hours ago, Susan R said:

Hello Cynthia Frank. Glad you’re on board here and hope you enjoy your time on our forum. You sound like you could do practically anything you wanted with your life given the desire to do it. You may find something you really enjoy doing sometime in the near future. I try to avoid absolutes like never because it places a mental limitation on me. Fate usually has a way of proving me wrong down the road when I do. The opportunities we have available today are not the same opportunities that will be available to us tomorrow.

I’m sorry to hear about your difficulties with your church. If they won’t accept you for you, it’s their loss. No one needs to work their life around that. There are others out there that will accept you as you are. Don’t lose hope. *Hugs* ?

Warmest Regards,

Susan R?

My dream is transition. Fear is overwhelming. My life decision's have made it impossible for me.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, SheenaT said:

My dream is transition. Fear is overwhelming. My life decision's have made it impossible for me.

I used to think like that. It very nearly broke me. Do not be afraid to reach for your dreams. If a dork like me can manage it, anybody can.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Jackie C. said:

I used to think like that. It very nearly broke me. Do not be afraid to reach for your dreams. If a dork like me can manage it, anybody can.

Hugs!

I WANT IT SO BADLY

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hugs!

I agree with Jackie..not the dork part obviously but you would be surprised by what you can do.  I didn't think there was any way for me, married, 2 kids, conservative catholic family etc etc.  Came out at 54 and none of my fears were realized. Presented FT and HRT started within weeks of that and haven't looked back. Our fears tend to hold us back.  Doesn't mean you won't have challenges if you move forward but you might not too.  

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I agree with Jackie..not the dork part obviously but you would be surprised by what you can do.  I didn't think there was any way for me, married, 2 kids, conservative catholic family etc etc.  Came out at 54 and none of my fears were realized. Presented FT and HRT started within weeks of that and haven't looked back. Our fears tend to hold us back.  Doesn't mean you won't have challenges if you move forward but you might not too.  

?

4 hours ago, SheenaT said:
4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Hugs!

I WANT IT SO BADLY

Don't just give up.  I was 68 when I finally got the nerve up to take a good look at myself and act on what I found.  Now I'm on HRT and living full time.

1 hour ago, Jandi said:

Don't just give up.  I was 68 when I finally got the nerve up to take a good look at myself and act on what I found.  Now I'm on HRT and living full time.

Thanks hun. I'm just so scared

Don't be scared! 

There is hope for anyone who is not me.

You are not me, so have faith.

And you live in the south where there are generous and loving humans beings.

I live in the -we don't use language like that here- hell of New York where there is no humanity whatsoever,

(Yes, I want to be banned from this site.)

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Cynthia Frank said:

Don't be scared! 

There is hope for anyone who is not me.

You are not me, so have faith.

And you live in the south where there are generous and loving humans beings.

I live in the -we don't use language like that here- hell of New York where there is no humanity whatsoever,

(Yes, I want to be banned from this site.)

Hey now, there's hope for everybody. Stop that. ☝️

Secondly, on what planet is Idaho "the South?"

Thirdly, I know some lovely people in New York. There is humanity everywhere. Sometimes people forget for a minute when they get overwhelmed by their own lives. Also, the language filter strikes!

If you want to be banned from the site, you'll have to try harder than that. Not to say it's impossible, we do ban people once in a while, but not for anything in your post. Sorry.

So back to the original thrust of @SheenaT's post: It's OK to be scared. Normal even. Change is scary. However the definition of courage continues to be doing what you need to do despite being scared. Fear serves a purpose, you just can't let it control your life.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Cynthia Frank said:

New York where there is no humanity whatsoever

I believe there are good people everywhere, sometimes they're just hard to find.