• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Getting A Bit Confused... Or Something

Guest 71christy09

Guest 71christy09

This past weekend, I have been looking for a therapist in my area (Sacramento, Ca.) and I have not come across a "list" for this area. All the websites I have seen that have recomendations for the state seem to leave my town out of it and I am not really inclined to drive 80 miles to SF. Does anyone have a recommendation or at least point me towards the information I need ( I would personally prefer a recommendation of a good therapist).

Also I think I read somewhere (I have been to so many web pages and book marked so many pages) but I can not recall where that I need to contact my health insurer to see if they have any recommmendations, is this true? I am not too inclined to tell them anything since my managers always seem to know everything at my company, you think the gov't is "Big Bro", you havent seen anything compared to here. (Kind of expect that from the largest user of fuel oil in the world I guess(and you all thought it was the US Navy)) Yes, I am just slightly paranoid, I make sure this website is closed out before logging in to the company site.

Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed

Thankyou,

Christy

Guest 71christy09

Thanks Evan and Blossom. I had come across The Center's website, but I guess I did not come across the proper link to get to the transgender pages. There is just so much information and disemminating it is becoming a full time job...lol

Guest 71christy09

On a side note, I spent so much time vagina footin' around trying to get my nerves up that when I finally called The Center they were closed. I had to leave a message, but at least it is a start.

Christy

Guest 71christy09

So this morning I had my first session. I arrived a few minutes early and he greeted me at the door. I thought I was going to be a big ball of nerves, but I was at ease, comfortable and everything just flowed right out of me in response to his questions. He said he follows the standards of care, but does not neccesarily agree with the need of RLE before HRT because it tends to out people before they are ready. He praised me for having the courage to call him as well as for doing research on the net about him, the local groups and some other things. He also praised me for starting on laser removal and a few other things. My next appt is next month due to finances because I am concerned about work finding out through what ever I submit to the med insurance.

Today is a great day!

Guest Donna Jean

Good for you, Sweetheart!

Way to go! See....we told you it would be a good experience!

It surprises so many people just how wonderful it is...you completely open up and relieve yourself of so many things that have been mashing you down...it helps to lift a great weight!

So, now you've seen a little bit....I'll bet you can't wait to get back.....I always look forward to it!

Very good, Honey! Good...Good...Good!

HUGGS

Donna Jean

• Admin

That's really great, Christy. Big step forward. Congratulations! I'm glad it was a positive experience and you and

the therapist hit it off well.

I've got my first sessio coming up next month, and I hope it goes as well.

Carolyn Marie

That is so typical, we all felt that way!

We dreaded going and then we were afraid that we wouldn't be able to speak and now they can't shut us up! :lol:

I went through the same thing but now she is my best friend (not counting all of my family here) I just can't wait to see her.

Love ya,

Sally