• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Auroras's GCS Surgery

Aurora

• Forum Moderator

Kylie I hope your healing goes well and fast this time around with no complications.

Hugs,

Heather (Michelle) Shay

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aurora

• Heather Shay

• Kylie

• Jackie C.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, VickySGV said:

It is wonderful to hear how you are doing, I remember your anxiety from when you first were here that it would never happen, and now it has.  You are doing better than I was at that stage.  You are YOU, keep it going!!

Thank You.  I am doing so good and I love my new part.  Alot of my dysphoria has gone away   I just feel so much better as me now.

• Forum Moderator

Kylie that is great news. I am so happy you and @Aurora are doing well. You both give me hope.

@ShayGirl put out the positive vibes into the world and the world works with you! It hasn’t been an easy road for sure, but at the end of the day everything has been worth it! Have you decided if you want to do any surgical transitions?

• Forum Moderator

Kylie. You bet I have. I want bottom surgery so badly. I have a surgeon with great credentials who takes Medicare and been working with her supportive office manager. Have the therapists and HRT NP willing to write recommendation letters. I have 2 months until 1 year HRT. Still haven't told wife I am 100% sure but my confidence growths daily even though I have a few family hurdles to jump.

I am making progress in therapy and you and @Aurora and @Susan Rhave been my role models in this step and all 3 of you have been wonderful as have been my true dear friends @Jani and @Cyndee in their encouragement and advice and the way they accept me for who I am with no conditions and no pressure to do what I think is best for me.

Best Wishes

Heather (Michelle) aka Shay

@Shay Of Course, proud of you. I’m glad you’ve been doing the research. I will pray for you often so you can reach your goals in your transition. Keep us informed along the way, I am a woman of few words so I don’t post much; but I follow threads daily all these years! 

❤️

• Forum Moderator

Thank you Kylie. I am going to see if we can get you @kylie working. I understand there used to be another using Kylie. I know questioning Amber became amberm. I wondered if you might consider an extra letter at the end of Kylie to make yours different. Like Kylie or c or......so we can @  you so if we want to make sure you get notified.

• Forum Moderator

I'm working on this.  There was another Kylie that joined after you in June 2020 that "at sign" Kylie links too.  

Jani

Thanks @Jani  if you need to add something after mine to make it unique you can, you pick!

• Forum Moderator

Somehow there was a FtM Kylie that joined after you that was approved with the same name.  They have no activity.  More to come.

4 hours ago, Shay said:

Kylie. You bet I have. I want bottom surgery so badly. I have a surgeon with great credentials who takes Medicare and been working with her supportive office manager. Have the therapists and HRT NP willing to write recommendation letters. I have 2 months until 1 year HRT. Still haven't told wife I am 100% sure but my confidence growths daily even though I have a few family hurdles to jump.

I am making progress in therapy and you and @Aurora and @Susan Rhave been my role models in this step and all 3 of you have been wonderful as have been my true dear friends @Jani and @Cyndee in their encouragement and advice and the way they accept me for who I am with no conditions and no pressure to do what I think is best for me.

Best Wishes

Heather (Michelle) aka Shay

@Shay  you can get there.  It took me awhile to finally get there for my bottom surgery.  I can say that it is just so wonderful.  I love how Dr. DeLeon even mentioned just like my therapist that they said this is no guarantee that my dysphoria will go away but it does help.  Well for myself, the bottom surgery has done so much for me as my bottom area was my most hated area and even tried to DIY it a bunch of times.  But now that I have had it professionally done, I just feel so much better and so much as myself. 

I hope you are able to experience it as well.  My mom said that I woke up with a smile on my face after my surgery.  You can do it as well.

• Forum Moderator

@Aurora - I am so happy for you. Everything you've said makes so much sense and I've never heard you once talk about the normal pain from major surgery and your smile waking up is worth a million words of comfort.

Hugs,

Heather

• Forum Moderator

@Aurora I'm so happy for you, and the progress you're making.

Hugs,

Mindy???

I love my doctor and love all the follow-ups to make sure that my healing and my dilation is going very well.  But 3 weeks for me is also too long and I am missing my own bed and missing my house with my kitties.  I understand all the post-op checkups but I will be happy to be home.  I am counting down till my flight home.

@Aurora Girl I remember those 3 weeks after my initial surgery. I missed home and cat so much!  Trust and believe it is allllll worth it!

• Forum Moderator

3 weeks will fly by now relax heal and keep on smiling. You've done it girl.

After calling my doctor today, I know that my healing is going like normal since I have been feeling what I can explain as hot needles poking and jabing me in my bottom area.  It happens every so often.  According to my doctor, this is normal as it is a sign of nerves reconnecting back and that I am starting to feel something.  Was told that this will continue for months..

Question for the girls that had GCS.  I am going into my 3rd week of dilation and I have noticed that it is taking a little more feness now to stick in the the small purple dilator.  For the first 2 weeks the small purple dilator used to just slide right in real fast no issues.  Now on my 3rd week I have been having to start to side it in and then pull out a little and then slide it in and pull out and then back in and after a few times of in and slightly out and then in more and slightly out and back in, I am still able to get it all the way in to just a little past the 5th dot.  So I still have the same depth no problem but just sliding it in takes a little more feniness and wondering if this is normal.  I am afraid that it will close up on me and I dont want it to close up.  I have been following my doctor's order with doing it 3 times a day for 20min.  Sometimes I do 4 dilations for 20min.  So I know that I am dilating correctly.  I am just wondering if this is because the wound is healing up and that what used to open up and see around the canel is now healing together and that is why it is taking a little more feniness to put in my dilator?

@AuroraIm not an expert, and definitely say something to Dr DeLeon but I had something similar happen in the beginning like this. I’d feel a ‘pop’ from the opening when I insert the dilator, she told me it was just breaking up scar tissue (which got much better for me, then I was a special case and scarred too much which is rare). This maybe what is happening, but just let them know. ♥️♥️

2 hours ago, Kylie said:

@AuroraIm not an expert, and definitely say something to Dr DeLeon but I had something similar happen in the beginning like this. I’d feel a ‘pop’ from the opening when I insert the dilator, she told me it was just breaking up scar tissue (which got much better for me, then I was a special case and scarred too much which is rare). This maybe what is happening, but just let them know. ♥️♥️

I am planning on letting Dr. DeLeon know and also thinking on taking my dilators in and show her as well.  Just want to make sure that I am doing everything correct and following her instructions.

• Forum Moderator

Definitely mention it, but yeah, sutures contract while you heal. I'm surprised you're still on the purple one though. I was told 5 minutes on purple, 5 minutes on blue, then 10 minutes on green and I could buy a big orange one if I felt confident enough. Every surgeon's different though so...

Hugs!

2 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Definitely mention it, but yeah, sutures contract while you heal. I'm surprised you're still on the purple one though. I was told 5 minutes on purple, 5 minutes on blue, then 10 minutes on green and I could buy a big orange one if I felt confident enough. Every surgeon's different though so...

Hugs!

I am just following Dr.DeLeon and also her print out.  She goes in 3 month of each color.  3 month purple, 3 month blue, 3 month green and 3 month orange.

But it's always good to list to the doctor

• Forum Moderator

@Aurora Although I'm not part of the club  yet I feel I can say you are healing (the needle sensations sound absolutely normal) and keeping in touch and following your doctor's orders is 100% correct thing to do. Everyone's different and I think every little thing will make you wonder but from reading various accounts I think you are doing beautifully in more ways than one.

Smile and relax lady.

Heather

• Carolyn Marie changed the title to Auroras's GCS Surgery