• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Random Silly Question

Guest My_Genesis

Guest My_Genesis
That's not an identity indicator (bein a guy) thats a orientation indicator :P You dig chicks. Which (and I actually thought of it on another thead you responded in but its more relative here) I can't help but wonder if your friends/peeps in the dorm know that? I only ask cuz it seems as if if they did, and you could be more "relaxed" about groovin on the women, you could eliminate at least a percentage of your frustration/uptightness issues.

lol, who said i was uptight? :rolleyes:

im uptight about a lot of my behaviours just because i wonder whether theyd be socially acceptable as "typical" guy behaviors, just because i guess im a perfectionist lol. and i think a lot about being fully transitioned and want to blend in well with other guys at that point and not get made fun of or anything. like theres this guy at school who has a lot of stereotypically gay/feminine qualities and always gets made fun of (maybe that's why hes homophobic..which only makes it worse cuz then people think hes closeted..) :huh: ..and if it were me, i would just get really mad mainly because i wasnt born biologically male...so i guess its like an insecurity thing. I don't want to "stand out" after fully transitioning, I've kinda grown tired of the whole standing out thing ya know. <_<

and no, none of them know, i never really became close enough with any of them to feel comfortable bringing it up. except this one guy i will hopefully be hanging with before school starts, i was thinking about talking to him since i think after one year, i am closer to him than anyone else in college. ive been wanting to bring it up for awhile though, i just never know how and so it never happens. :blink:

im uptight about a lot of my behaviours just because i wonder whether theyd be socially acceptable as "typical" guy behaviors, just because i guess im a perfectionist lol. and i think a lot about being fully transitioned and want to blend in well with other guys at that point and not get made fun of or anything.

There's a simple way to look at this, if you want to worry less:

You're a guy. Whatever your behaviours are, they're 'guy' behaviours because you're doing them. Just let yourself relax, and I think you'll find that a lot of that stuff will just come naturally.

I understand the impulse to be kind of a perfectionist about it, but seriously, just relax. People can tell when you're tensed up about stuff, so you can't force it. You'll actually blend in better if you don't seem like you're trying to.

Pól

• 2 weeks later...

I usually end up developing weird crushes on musicians after I've listened to them for a while. And even then most of the time it's not because they're attractive but because they write amazing songs. A couple examples of this include Morrissey, Stephin Merritt and Michael Stipe. Then there's musicians who have that wonderful blend of attractive/talented like Gerard Way, (young) Robert Smith and Marc Almond (who is honestly still pretty good looking).

Don't worry, I know I'm weird. :]

Guest My_Genesis

Not worrying, we can be weird together :D

yeah i dunno sometimes it's just their voice and i won't even know how they look until i actually get into their music and look up their info, videos etc. then put those two together...how can i not listen to their stuff :rolleyes: lol.

Guest Sydney_W
i have a guy friend who has a little mermaid song in his itunes and shamelessly stated it while we were watching the movie. hmm maybe he likes ariel :lol:

One of my co-workers is a real don't-give-a-**** type of guy. He once told me that he loves the Aladdin song "A Whole New World", and he and his girlfriend like blasting it and singing along while driving. He says it's romantic. One time when they were driving around, he had to jump out of his truck to fight some guys... with Aladdin still screaming in the background.

XD What a winning combo.

I usually end up developing weird crushes on musicians after I've listened to them for a while. And even then most of the time it's not because they're attractive but because they write amazing songs (...) Then there's musicians who have that wonderful blend of attractive/talented...

Yeah, that happens to me, too... maybe... sometimes... <_<

Guest Seth_J

I crush a bit on Avril Lavigne, which is mostly why I listen to her, even though my usual tastes are a bit... heavier. So, I would say it's normal.

Guest My_Genesis
I crush a bit on Avril Lavigne, which is mostly why I listen to her, even though my usual tastes are a bit... heavier. So, I would say it's normal.

haha...I just remembered..Carrie Underwood...this is getting bad isn't it :rolleyes: