• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Nearly Sure, But Questioning A Little Now

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

I have felt like a guy for as long as I can remember. I hate these stupid lumps on my chest, I'm uncomfortable with having female internal organs, I hate being mistaken for a girl and when I use to have my periods I got suicidal every time I had them. However, I don't really care about my genitals. I mean, I don't like having female genitals but it's not a huge deal. I actually am much more bothered by my breasts than my genitals. My crotch discomfort is about the same level as my annoyance about being short. It sucks but I'll survive. Preferably, I would like to have male genitalia but until the operation stops being so lousy and unless I get very wealthy it probably won't happen. I identify fully as male, have been living as a boy for nearly a year, and definitely intend to get chest surgery, oophorectomy, hysterectomy and testosterone. However, does not caring much about my genitals make me a transgenderist instead of a transsexual?

Guest CharlieRose

I am pretty much like you, breasts MUST DIE and genitals, well, watcha gonna do? As far as calling myself a transgenderist, meh, I personally think that's kind of a pointless word. Haven't we decided that what's between your legs doesn't affect your gender identity? I know that there's no way I'd ever enjoy being called "she" again, I know I'm male, and there are so many factors that can affect whether or not you have surgery I think it's silly to have these weird "Are you transsexual ENOUGH?" competition things where those who can't afford it or are just resigned to having what they have are deemed "less" transsexual and "less" male.

Transsexuality as I see it is being born in the wrong body, a boy in a girl's or a girl in a boy's. Nothing more, nothing less. It kind of opens up these unusual doors and avenues to what we consider male and female. I'm not confused or anything about being a guy, but I have a vagina and I'm perfectly aware it's not going anywhere for a while. It doesn't make me a girl, it makes me a guy with a vagina. Rare, but still legitimate, I daresay.

Guest Leigh

nah man.. you're still transsexual....though, i don't really care about all those terms anyway (who needs another label???)

as long as you know who you are, you're cool, and you seem to know who you are.

peace&love

leigh