• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

The Color of Pomegranates

Aoife

Anyone else see this? Perhaps the most beautiful film I've ever seen. One woman plays most of the characters as both men and women so it relates in that way, but it's more bi than anything else. 

Wow Aoife.  Just watched it on YT and it is one of the stranger one's I have seen in a while.

We were searching for a place of refuge for our love, but instead, the road led us to the land of the dead.

You abandoned us and went away, but we the living wrapped you in a coccoon so in your new world you would burst out like a butterfly.

That resonates with me, but I don't know why.

Wow, yeah, that's a good one. So cool you watched it! Totally unique language. I think finally seeing it really opened me up to this new place of acceptance.

1 hour ago, Aoife said:

I think finally seeing it really opened me up to this new place of acceptance.

I'm so happy for you!  That is so important in your journey of self awareness.

• 2 weeks later...

@Aoife I was very surprised to see your post about The Color of Pomegranates. Would you believe that was my favorite movie for a long time? I traveled to St. Petersburg, Russia in 2004 and while there learned about Georgian cuisine. Legend has it that when God was creating the world, he took a dinner break. While eating, He tripped over the Caucasus Mountains and some of His heavenly food fell to the ground that became Georgia. If you get the chance to dine on Georgian food, you may believe this is a true story! Anyway, I quickly became enamored with Georgian culture and my zest somehow led me to encounter the film The Color of Pomegranates (because Georgian is one of the languages spoken in the film). I acquired a copy on dvd and it was my background ambiance through most of grad school. I also made friends who appreciate art films watch it. I remember my favorite scene is where the men are folk dancing - I remember the music they danced to. Thanks for the memory - I love that film & I'm glad you enjoyed it too! 

I'm so glad this has gotten the response it has! I have not had the chance to try much Georgian food, but it's one I really want. Every bit of Armenian cuisine I've had has been great, so that's a great start.

I'd love to try Armenian food. I bet it's amazing. Before I departed from Russia, I purchased two cookbooks and and have since spent many years enjoying cooking Georgian (and other Russian and Caucasian) recipes from them. (Lol, Caucasian cuisine sounds funny taken out of context.) 

Georgians evidently are known to break out in polyphonic singing. Please enjoy this video of some Georgian men singing in an airport. I also like how they show affection for one another. One of the men dances beautifully in the video too. https://youtu.be/i4rx8NF67vY

20 hours ago, Vidanjali said:

I'd love to try Armenian food. I bet it's amazing. Before I departed from Russia, I purchased two cookbooks and and have since spent many years enjoying cooking Georgian (and other Russian and Caucasian) recipes from them. (Lol, Caucasian cuisine sounds funny taken out of context.) 

Georgians evidently are known to break out in polyphonic singing. Please enjoy this video of some Georgian men singing in an airport. I also like how they show affection for one another. One of the men dances beautifully in the video too. https://youtu.be/i4rx8NF67vY

lol, at Trader Joe's they started selling Ajika powder and sometimes I want to bring it out just to "caucasian up" whatever I'm eating.