• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Do I feel like a man or a woman?

ClarkDiesInside

• 4 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

This is an older post @Ticket For Epic but I will chime in and offer a few words for you to ponder.  

Now you may be targeted but maybe not.  By saying "I feel" you are speaking about yourself.  Only you can make you feel a certain way.  Others may try to make you feel down but you control that emotion.  Put it back on them.  If they are saying or doing things to hurt you, its only because of their own insecurities or failings in life.  Some people are just mean.  Because someone was mean to them and they have no other experience?  Its not your problem (unless you want to engage them).  Don't let others drive how you feel.  Take control and try to be confident in yourself.  I know its difficult at times but you get to live your life as you wish.

Jani     

I remember when Natalie put that one up.

What does it mean to "feel like a woman?"  What does it mean to "feel like a man?"

All I know is what it's like to feel like me.  And sometimes that's not so great.

I had kinda internalized the question.  

But in regards to what others do…

1 hour ago, Jani said:

Take control and try to be confident in yourself.

Not always easy, but yeah, this.

@Jani Thank you so much for your kind and supportive words.  My comment though sincere was made in jest.  I meant to express that I found it humorous and relatable.   Thank you for inadvertently reminding me to "impeccable with my words" especially in a community where words like "triggered" carry extra weight. 

38 minutes ago, Ticket For Epic said:

I meant to express that I found it humorous and relatable.

I find it very amusing, too 😁