• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Another Transition Sucess Story

MaryEllen

Guest ~Brenda~

Thank you ME

I thought the article was informative and sensiitive. It was specifically encouraging to me to read that Jenny began her transition at age 48, my age!!

LOL

bernii

Guest Elizabeth K

Don't miss the 'video' tab at the top. It shows an interview with the reporter that interviewed 'Jenny."

Seemslike the public is starting to catch on to the fact we exisr.

Pretty well done article and video.

Lizzy

Thanks Lizzy- I would've missed that if I didn't read your post.

I thought the article was good, but the video... not so much.

The two girls on the video acted spazzy/giddy about the whole thing, almost like "isn't it so funny that a man would want to become a woman?" -insert giggling here-. It's great that it's getting into the public eye... as long as the public is actually getting the right information. MtF and FtM transgendered persons are never men/women respectively. We're not becoming the opposite gender, we are that gender and it's our sex that has the issue. We really need to get people (especially the media) to stop using gender and sex interchangeably.

Guest joe0117

Thanks for posting this MaryEllen!

I love reading about people who have transitioned and are finally comfortable and happy!

Joe

Thanks MaryEllen,

I tend to avoid news networks so I would never have seen this.

Love ya,

Sally

Thanks Lizzy- I would've missed that if I didn't read your post.

I thought the article was good, but the video... not so much.

The two girls on the video acted spazzy/giddy about the whole thing, almost like "isn't it so funny that a man would want to become a woman?" -insert giggling here-. It's great that it's getting into the public eye... as long as the public is actually getting the right information. MtF and FtM transgendered persons are never men/women respectively. We're not becoming the opposite gender, we are that gender and it's our sex that has the issue. We really need to get people (especially the media) to stop using gender and sex interchangeably.

Maybe I'm too much of an optimist (never thought I'd say that :P) but I didn't really see that. The mere fact that they referred to her as "she" and didn't go on some discourse about how it is inherently immoral (isn't it funny that people who don't even study ethics seem to think they're the most qualified to educate others?) was a bit of a relief. So far I think the Chaz Bono story (as I gathered this was a response to) has been handled rather tastefully, other than the uninformed comments from people who, fortunately, don't hold any power over us.

A good article, MaryEllen. Goes to show that age shouldn't be a barrier to transitioning.

Gennee

:D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vivian

That report gives me so much motivation and hope with my own transition. She is so successful and she looks great! I wish she lived nearby, then she could be my Doctor.

Vivian