• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

National Coming Out Day 2021

Wanda Full

Hi Kids: National Coming out Day is tomorrow, Monday October 11th this year. No time like the present! NCOD is every Oct 11th, so if you want to wait, next year is a Tuesday. 

I was kinda hoping when I didn't do it last year that changes would be more apparent and it would be more necessary this year than I think it is.  I'm still doing it piecemeal. 

Hoping this "Day" will gradually fade away, as no one will need to hide themselves. 

• Admin

Considering the number of T-shirts I have from LGBTQ organizations (Including my Chorus uniform shirt) I know what my wardrobe will be tomorrow: one of the shirts that lets folks know that I am Trans.  I have done that for 11 years now.  I actually have fun on Coming Out Day, but I am very sensitive to the people who are just coming out and who are timidly exploring at the community events that take place.  It is so heartwarming to have someone tell you they are at an event for the first time with a bit of nervousness in their voice as you see they trust you with something wonderful in their lives.

I never seem to actually do anything on the day itself, but last year I came out to my kids a couple days before so I counted it.  This year I am counting coming out to my brother in law over the weekend, 3 dear friends over the last few weeks and my mother in law next weekend ;)  I just seem to wind up coming out around the day instead of on it haha

Two years ago today one of our furry kids crossed over the rainbow bridge.  Tomorrow marks my two coming out day. 

Happy National Coming Out Day, everyone!

@Elizabeth Star R.I.P. to your beautiful furry kid & much love to you & your family as you remember them.

@VickySGV I sing in a chorus too. How fun to learn that about you. 

On Oct 11, 2018 I made my first post on AVEN (asexuality visibility and education network) about questioning my sexuality and gender identity. I didn't realize until much later that it was Coming Out Day. I found that coincidence to be most auspicious. 

I am still only out to a few people. But, I finally have an appt. with a gender therapist on the calendar for November. One of my GT goals is to glean a sharper picture of what I want for myself, and that includes being seen and accepted by others. For now, it'll be a rather subdued day for me today.

• Forum Moderator

@Elizabeth Star totally relate - my last 2 furry friends are cremated and in my night stand. My funeral directions are for me to be cremated, mixed with my friends and scattered in a woods - our favorite.