• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Support for anti-trans laws has increased

Ivy

• Forum Moderator

This is one reason why I made no effort to live "stealth".  I deliberately came out very publicly, so everyone in the community knows I am trans.  They know I am the same person I was before I transitioned (just a bit happier) and that I am not a sexual predator. 

There is some trans activism that does not help us.  CBC had an opinion piece about that this morning: https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opinion-trans-rights-radical-activism-1.6220106.  The wrong type of activism provokes hatred against us.

Being visible is a form of trans activism that helps us.

• Forum Moderator

Actually this isn't surprising.  All my life trans folks hid.  Today we are beginning to come out in larger numbers.  As our numbers increase we have become a target for some who are always looking for those who are "different".  As we become known in our communities we become less different.  As many of us are unable to live in a stealth mode this is making life better if not perfect. 

I'm sure pushback will always exist however.  Bullies have existed throughout time.

Hugs,

Charlize

2 hours ago, KathyLauren said:

I deliberately came out very publicly, so everyone in the community knows I am trans. 

This is my situation also.

I've been in this area for more than 40yrs, and worked for the city public works dept.  I was out on the streets every day.  People I don't even know, know me.  There's no way I could hide even if I wanted to.

I'm not a big fan of in-your-face activism myself.  I'm just trying to live as much as a woman as I can.

• 4 months later...
On 10/23/2021 at 6:00 AM, KathyLauren said:

This is one reason why I made no effort to live "stealth".  I deliberately came out very publicly, so everyone in the community knows I am trans.  They know I am the same person I was before I transitioned (just a bit happier) and that I am not a sexual predator. 

There is some trans activism that does not help us.  CBC had an opinion piece about that this morning: https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/opinion-trans-rights-radical-activism-1.6220106.  The wrong type of activism provokes hatred against us.

Being visible is a form of trans activism that helps us.

Well said.

On 10/23/2021 at 6:41 AM, Charlize said:

Today we are beginning to come out in larger numbers.  

True, but I find myself wondering how many of those numbers actually have gender dysphoria  how many are being “trendy.” 

I don’t have the TikTok app, but videos pop into my Facebook and YouTube feed from time to time. And it seems to be that it, along with all the other social media sites/apps, TikTok has a crowd who will self-diagnose just by watching someone else talk about their disorder, be it depression, bipolar disorder, OCD, borderline personality disorder or even gender dysphoria.

I have gender dysphoria, as I suspect many of you do as well. I’ve had it all my life, I just didn’t realize it.

Mine was recognizable enough by a trained professional that she passed me along to endocrinology to start hormone therapy after only a single hour-and-a-half-long phone call. (It was 2020, so most appointments were by phone except labs.)

I’m no shrink, so I wouldn’t dream of telling someone transitioning that they don’t have gender dysphoria. But there sure seems to be tons of folks suddenly coming out as trans. From a purely statistical standpoint… I don’t know. 🤷🏻‍♀️

36 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

True, but I find myself wondering how many of those numbers actually have gender dysphoria  how many are being “trendy.” 

I don’t have the TikTok app, but videos pop into my Facebook and YouTube feed from time to time. And it seems to be that it, along with all the other social media sites/apps, TikTok has a crowd who will self-diagnose just by watching someone else talk about their disorder, be it depression, bipolar disorder, OCD, borderline personality disorder or even gender dysphoria.

I have gender dysphoria, as I suspect many of you do as well. I’ve had it all my life, I just didn’t realize it.

Mine was recognizable enough by a trained professional that she passed me along to endocrinology to start hormone therapy after only a single hour-and-a-half-long phone call. (It was 2020, so most appointments were by phone except labs.)

I’m no shrink, so I wouldn’t dream of telling someone transitioning that they don’t have gender dysphoria. But there sure seems to be tons of folks suddenly coming out as trans. From a purely statistical standpoint… I don’t know. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think what we are seeing is the ability to come out has brought a lot of people out of the closet.  The more visible we are, the harder it is for people "questioning" to repress it. I was able to repress my identity for decades because there were no "out" trans-folks so I didn't have to confront it. That's nearly impossible today.  I think we're are also seeing a tremendous amount of young people who are more enlightened to the non-binary thought process of gender fluidity or non conformity.  Most of us older folks lived in a strictly binary world. As these kids are socially forming their identity they can see and recognise that so much of gender ID is society "norms".  They may not have any dysphoria all. But that doesn't mean they feel "pure male or female". I often wonder, if I had been born more recently, would I have felt that my gender identity is fully female? I love my body and gender identity now (mostly, still need to remove certain parts) but if I had grown up in a less 'Binary" way of thinking, would I have been comfortable in my body being NonBi?  Psychology and developmental science is so fascinating.

4 minutes ago, Bri2020 said:

I think what we are seeing is the ability to come out has brought a lot of people out of the closet.  

Perhaps. I can’t say either way. That’s why I’m not about to tell someone whether they should or should not transition, even my non-binary/transmale friends. One has said certain things that give me doubt, but it’s not my call. It’s between him and his therapist. And whatever path he ultimately takes, I’ll have his back 100%.

Psychology and developmental science is so fascinating.

Quite. I’ve often told those I’ve discussed this issue with that we may never fully understand the human brain at all.

In my case, it’s also a soul question. My mother once told me she miscarried a girl child before she got pregnant with me. I like to think I wanted to be born so much, I grabbed the next available body, regardless of how it would develop.

And don’t think for one second I don’t gleefully bring that up when I’m arguing with one of those “going against God” creeps trying to bastardize God’s word to suit his argument. 

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 92 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Ashley0616
    • awkward-yet-sweet
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • Karen Carey
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

earthpatch
    Newest Member
    earthpatch

1. Anyatimenow
      Anyatimenow
      (23 years old)
    2. Aria00
      Aria00
    3. Ava B.
      Ava B.
      (24 years old)
    4. Claire Heshi
      Claire Heshi
    5. CrystalMatthews0426
      CrystalMatthews0426
      (41 years old)
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Interesting...never knew any of this.  Of course, in my girl form I never got breasts, so I never had to worry about it.  A couple of pieces of tape would have been sufficient...      Sounds like fun   It has been interesting for me since I stopped trying to do sex like a girl.  The real surprise was my relationship with my husband, as he has figured me out pretty well. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Women's jeans, soft t-shirt that could go either way, flip-flops. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      They were sitting on the love seat, looking west out over Kansas.  Below them the busy city ran to and fro.   "They called.  My surgery has been rescheduled for May 8.  I need to be there at 5 AM for pre-op.  I start prescriptions and diet change on May 1."   "Okay."  Bob did his not-thinking-about anything look.  Taylor was always amazed that he could  actually be thinking about absolutely nothing. She was always thinking of at least six things.   "How can they be like that?" "What?"  He startled a little.  Contact with reality was reestablished. "Where does the hate come from?  Mrs. McArthur?  She was always polite, but I think she wasn't really.  Somehow she hated me even though there were no indications whatsoever." "Yeah, well, you know they are starting up that plant.  And my company is going ahead with their work there, down n Milliville.   I will have to go down there sometimes." "Oh, Bob." "Maybe I will stop by and ask her." "No." "No.  Cabaret is closed, I have been told.  Your transgender support group has scattered to other places." "What is wrong with those people?" "Same thing as Roosevelt, I guess.  You know all the racial comments against Blacks?  Like that game where our cheerleaders started this insulting cheer, an the opposite team was mostly Black? Teachers stopped it." "I didn't know.  I was staying away from that, remember?" "Yes." "You know all those kids at our church, the ones you called freaks the other day?" "I shouldn't have called them that." "Pastor tells me they are all from all over the Midwest.  These are kids who have been thrown out of their homes and were found on the street.  Other shelters would not take them, so they wound up here." "Not surprising." "I think we could do some good here." "What do you have in mind?" And she told him.
    • EasyE
      You are spot on here ... but also it seems like such a rigged game for the average person that it's hard to invest energy into the political arena -- too much big money controlling too many people/organizations/narratives for the common person to fee; heard...   In general, why we in America accept either candidate is baffling... for all our innovation as a nation, we can't do better than these two bozos?    The problem is, the political arena is such a sham -- again with large money controlling all aspects of the system -- that a common-sense, love-your-neighbor, make-reasonable-compromises, roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-to-work candidate will never make it anywhere above the local level (if even there)...    Everything is a reality show, and boring ol' decision makers that try to benefit the most people don't generate enough clicks, views and retweets...  I am not sure it is so much about celebrity as it is about party politics at all costs - "my side must always be viewed as right and your side must always be viewed as wrong!" kind of thinking... there is no consensus building anymore because that will get used against you in campaign ads... When Obama took office and then Hilary ran again, it was like all Republicans want to do was to find someone loud enough to put them in their place. Forget issues, forget character, just win a debate and rally the base.    To get back to your original point, not enough of us care about politics ... and in some ways we've become fat, happy and entitled as a nation. The yearning to achieve the "American dream", which drove my parents and their parents before them to work their tails off and sacrifice and save, is now just "give me the American dream for free while I sit here on my phone and watch tiktok..."
    • Abigail Genevieve
      You are in the right place.
    • EasyE
      I am about 5 weeks ahead of you ... best wishes to you! For me it has been subtle changes at most so far (if any) ... but I am also on the "beginner's" level of patch, lol ...    Easy
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Oh, another comment.   I am a conservative evangelical with strong Republican leanings. So is my wife, my friends, my family. I disagree with a good amount of what the Republicans are doing, but there it is.  I understand the mindset, I think, a lot better than those who are outside it do.   When you insult Republicans you insult me, my friends, my family.   People like me can struggle with trans issues.   Please consider that in posting.
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Then you are in despair.
    • MaeBe
      I found this as well. No playacting, they just appear: the finger waggle wave; bracing my elbow on my other arm that's folded across my chest, wrist in the air half-cocked; walking a bit more fiercely... All that. My wife thought I was mocking her at one point!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I find my lack of time to read the thing frustrating, and I will not really comment until I have read it.  This is a wholly inadequate response.   1.  I think there are some legitimate concern.   2. Thoroughly discussing this will consume many threads.   3. I disagree partially with @MaeBe but there is partial agreement.   4. The context includes what is happening in society that the authors are observing.  It is not an isolated document.   5. Trump, if elected, is as likely to spend his energies going after political opponents as he is to implementing something like this.    6. I reject critical theory, which is based on Marxism.  Marxism has never worked and never will.  Critical theory has problems which would need time to go into, which I do not have.   7. There are groups who have declared war on the nuclear family as problematically patriarchal, and a lot of other terms. They are easy to find on the internet.  This document is reacting to that (see #4 above).   8.  Much of this would have to be legislated, and this is a policy documented.  Implementation would  be most likely different, but that does not mean criticism is unwarranted. 
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Sort of bracing myself for flipping, because I am wearing f and of course I wear f and it is natural to wear f and what else would I wear?  The  novelty is long gone out on this.  I wore a bra most of yesterday but we had a Zoom call and I took the bra off because I was concerned about the straps showing.  I missed it.    My body is saying "I am female!  Treat me that way!"   In the past it has screamed about this activity that  I have done to it.
    • Ivy
      This is what I'm scared of.  And it's quite possible. Apparently Chicken Little was right.
    • Ivy
      Whether it was a hate crime or not, it's still horrible.
    • atlantis63
      Finally I  am back online   I had to use the help of the contact form (not proud  of that, I always feel embarrassed and shy about contacting people), but here I am   missed all of you
    • atlantis63
      I'm not happy to admit this, but I usually scream or break things.   Breaking things became a bit of a no no, because It was always a cd or something I liked and it got very expensive to replace stuff
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.