• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hormone Imbalance question

Andrea Jean

Has anyone come up with an hormone imbalance while on hrt? Just upped my estradiol 2 MThs ago and seems I might have a hormone imbalance now lowered my spiro also at the same time Just wondering about this now have low blood sugar going to the doctor Monday was just wondering what a hormone imbalance would look like in a transgender woman and what can be done about it....

• Admin

I can only speak for me here, but my HRT did not directly affect my Type II Diabetes in the 12 years I have been on HRT.  I have heard of people who developed food cravings that led to some possible slight problems such as weight gain but that is about it.  Your doctor will do some blood tests on you which is the only way to tell if your hormone levels are high or low, but as to what constitutes a healthy balance for you is up to the doctor's medical judgment.  The judgment would be simply to change your medication's levels and re-test you on a more frequent basis.  Each of us is different, and my medication levels could be dangerous for you, or vice versa.  This is why we do not discuss dosages on the forums, and why we are strict advocates for proper medical supervision of hormone therapy.

Thank you thats why I"m going to my doctor we ruled out other things already at the emergency room 

I’m sure everything is fine if you are getting blood work and stuff. After a year of hrt I started getting back hot flashes. I wasn’t sure what was going on. I thought kinda the same but blood work showed I was healthy. I do know for my self my body has adjusted to having estrogen in my body and don’t have hot flash anymore. Could just be worrying about something out of your hands 

The thing was getting very dizzy at first and when I ate something like a banana it would stop thats why I thought it was low blood sugar also having something every 3hrs to not get me dizzy ...but put some Progesterone cream on my breast last night and didn't even have night sweats I was getting and feeling better today ....

7 hours ago, Andrea Jean said:

The thing was getting very dizzy at first and when I ate something like a banana it would stop thats why I thought it was low blood sugar also having something every 3hrs to not get me dizzy ...but put some Progesterone cream on my breast last night and didn't even have night sweats I was getting and feeling better today ....

That would be potassium and other electrolyte levels, I think, which your heart as a muscle needs too. Might be due for a updated blood work?