• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I've done it. I've told her

Alexischops

So I did it. I told my partner everything. She already knew bits and bobs but now she knows everything. 

She came home from shopping and I had dressed while she was out. She came home to Alexis sitting on the sofa. She walked in looked at me and simply said hi babe. You look great. 

I couldn't have possibly hoped for a better reaction. 

We spent a few hours talking and she is in total support and thinks it's amazing. (She's bisexual so she says it's a win win ha ha ) 

I feel so ... I guess comfortable is the right word 

Alexis XX

• Admin

Sounds like the door is opened up for you in a great way there.  Now come back down to ground level and enjoy it.

Congrats Alexis, you've broken the ice.  You won't regret coming out to her.  Telling my wife about Sally was one of the hardest conversations I ever had to have, but it was the right thing to do.  Like your partner, my wife was and remains very supportive.  There were a few rough patches along the way, some misunderstandings and such, but I think that is normal for most situations.  I wish you and your partner all the best.

• Forum Moderator

That is AWESOME @Alexischops! I bet it feels good to get that conversation out of the way. Congratulations!

Hugs!

I know it was the best possible outcome. She's been so supportive and encouraging since too. Took me shopping for clothes and make up and constantly assuring me that it really is ok. I feel like I can be Alexis as and when now X 

• Forum Moderator

That is fantastic and treasure it. My spouse has shown no signs of shopping for clothes or help in support for 1-1/2 years but she hasn't left so there is hope.

Hugs and congrats and smile big time,

Heather

• Forum Moderator

It took my wife longer to show support but over time she certainly has.  It is perhaps always a bit traumatic but you appear to have hit the jackpot Alexis!

As Vicky said......Enjoy!

Hugs,

Charlize