• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Therapist Questions

Mattie Anne

Ok, going to jump right in with the questions. I have been seeing a therapist since June. My therapist is not a "gender therapist", and has not worked with a transgender person before, but I like her, and I've made a lot of progress with her, accepting and becoming my true self. I have been open about my gender identity since day one. The only down side is that neither one of us really understands the transition process. My question is, does this raise any red flags for anyone? Specifically, my understanding is that two letters have to be written by therapists prior to surgery. Do the therapists need specific qualifications? Do they have to be "gender therapists"? Should I be looking for someone else? Should I start looking for a second therapist now for the second letter? I am interested in HRT and I have an appointment on the 21st with an endocrinologist. Will the doctor need to talk to my therapist or require a letter from her?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

• Heather Nicole
    • JustineM
    • Mattie Anne
    • ValerieRun
    • Monica Green
    • Heather Shay
    • Lenneth
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Hanna
    • Elizabeth Star
    • Cyndee
    • VickySGV
    • miz miranda
    • Kelly2509
    • Niamh
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sasha1565
    Newest Member
    Sasha1565

1. Athena
      Athena
      (26 years old)
    2. Crypygan
      Crypygan
    3. Jordi95
      Jordi95
      (27 years old)
    4. Miss_Y
      Miss_Y
      (35 years old)
    • Mattie Anne
      Hi Lydia!
    • Heather Shay
      @Timber Wolf Kamots and his descendants salute you.
    • Heather Nicole
      Yay for Ohio!   Also, I feel like if I were a trans man I would love having his last name. "Why yes, in fact, I really am Mr. Manley!" I dunno, I think it's pretty cool anyway.
    • Elizabeth Star
      It’s my comfort color.   
    • Mattie Anne
    • Mattie Anne
      Ok, I'm ready to try again!  (thanks @Erica Gabriel, I was trying to embed it 🤷‍♀️)   I love the women of country music right now!    
    • Heather Nicole
      Suits, ties, any kind of men's formalwear. I used to think what I didn't like about them was the formality and the association with certain not-always-trustworthy professions. Now I realize it had less to do with formality (After all, I love formal dresses!), and more to do with gender.   And like you @KymmieL anything tight around the neck, feels like I'm being choked.   I was never a fan of the cargo pants/shorts trend either, but for me I think that's more just stylistic preference.
    • Heather Shay
      @miz miranda Hope you are healing well.
    • LindaMarie
      What is that green thingy growing out your arm?   
    • Charlize
      Enjoy your howling Timber Wolf.  I'll lock the sheep in tonight. 😄   Hugs,   Charlize
    • LindaMarie
      Surgery. gosh. My last hopes was in the beginning of covid. I found my doctor for what I was after. And the fact that I wasn't after intercourse, things got really easy. First no need for bottom part electrolysis, no vaginal canal for the hair to grow in.... Second, no stints, etc.. long follow ups,  Third I have a maintenance free  vagina. Sadly, when things were looking good, my health was the big issue. My wife wasn't against me having the surgery, just the doctors.    
    • LindaMarie
      I was wondering what my day will be like. I started out with That 70's Show theme. Tried the Kitty Forman look. Ended up with a better Donna Pinciotti look. LM.  
    • Bri2020
      FFS is a GO!!!!  Caveat was they will do it as a "same day" and discharge me in the evening.  I'm just going to spend the weekend at a hotel right next to his office in case I need anything then come home Monday. (I'm an hour away so driving home that night seems challenging)  
    • JustineM
      Thank you for the support everybody. I knew she wouldn’t be very supportive but I never expected the wedding comment. I think that’s what hurts the most. I talked to my sister last night afterwards and she thinks that mom is blaming herself for everything and sees my life as a reflection of her. I’m hanging on right now, thankfully I have an amazing wife. She definitely helped me last night.    Apparently she talked to my brother last night, found that while he is trying to be supportive he also feels like he is losing a brother. So it’s hard for him to make the switch. Between Moms favoritism toward the cis-daughters and our oldest brother that committed suicide several years ago I can kind of understand where he’s coming from. 
    • VickySGV
      To me, the Trans issue is irrelevant really to what is happening, but I have to agree that it will be taken by the H8ers as more ammunition against the DA against his general policies in regard to criminal sentencing, which are at the basis of attempted re-calls from office.  A point was made that the convicted person needs psychological evaluation, and may have developmental and psychiatric issues involved that can be separated from the Trans issue.  The ideas that are behind this are a legitimate abuse of the legal system where there have been cases of juveniles charged as adults, especially in marginalized ethnic communities.  There is much to be improved in the justice system though.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.