• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Well that was….. fun?

JustineM

My SiL just gave us a new bed for my oldest. We gratefully accepted because he has quite literally destroyed his box spring. (The only board still intact was the center spar) She called to ask me to come over and help lid it. Get over there and she won’t look at me unless she has to and wont speak to me unless it was to give me orders. 

This is the same SiL that tried to demand that I see a Christian therapist before I started transitioning to “give me alternatives” 

I made the mistake of mentioning it to my Wife and now she’s pissed off too. (Not at me) She said that she would deny any further requests for me to help with something, but I told her not to do that. That I would be the bigger adult and I just needed to vent a little. 

I'm sorry to hear when major difficulties come from people who should love us the most - but it sounds like you dealt with it well. Is this the first time you've been face to face with her since she found out about your transition? If so, could it actually be counted as progress, because at least she's not "banning" you? I hope things get better for you!💜

I’m sorry to hear that happened to you, especially from a family member who in an ideal world would be someone you could rely on for support during your transition. 

I’m glad, though, that your wife is supportive. 

She’s been basically avoiding me since I told her prior to “officially” starting my transition. The part that pisses me off is that she barely talks to my wife, her sister, anymore unless it’s something she needs or about money we owe her. 

So after a bit more discussion with my wife I found out that this is basically my SiL MO. She’s doesn’t like/agree with something she just draws away. She did something similar when my wife lived up here in Milwaukee with her ex. Didn’t like the guy(of course I don’t either lol), didn’t like the way he was treating her so she stopped coming around and did nothing to help. So since she doesn’t agree with me transitioning she wants nothing to do with us. The part that ticks me off is she will preach all day about how she screwed up her life to many times to judge others then pulls stuff like this. 

Oh well guess that means I won’t have to deal with a transphobe.