• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi Just Starting my journey.

Cynthina

Hi, I’m new to this group and want to interduce myself. My birth name is Chester but, on this page, I will be known as Cynthina or Cindy. I’m sorry this is so long but want to get some of my thoughts down and out.  I’m a 58-year-old woman trapped in a male body. I have known since I was 5 that something was not right. I started wearing my sister’s clothing at that time, and it felt great and right.

I have now decided that I can’t live the lie that I have lived all my life. I’m now starting my transgender journey and will gladly accept all advice, tips, or knowledge that I can get. I will be starting my phycological and gender therapy very soon. According to whatever timeline I have from this I want to start HRT as soon as they will let me.

I live in a small town between Sioux City and Council Bluffs. I live by myself and own my own house. I’m afraid that I will have to sell and move as this community well not accept me for who I truly am.

I have been a cross dresser all my adult life but never in the open. I love the way I feel when I have on my lingerie and am feeling myself. I’m now wearing only female under garments and doing everything I can underneath my outside cloths to make me happy.

I’m seeking likeminded friends that would be willing to talk and give me some guidance and help along this journey. I have been doing a lot of research on this but assistance from friends I think will be very important.  

Thank you in advance for any help you can give and have a blessed day.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Cindy to trans pulse forums, and thanks for your intro post 🙂 I hope you find your time here useful and enjoyable. I also enjoyed sneaking my sisters clothes when I was young, seems a similar theme 😁 Sounds like you are on the right track having a counselor / therapist to work with, excellent ! Have a look around our forums, join in the conversations already in progress or start your own topics. 

Welcome hugs 😊

Cyndee

• Forum Moderator

Hi, Cindy.  Welcome.

There are quite a few of us here who either figured out our identity or decided to do something about it late in life.  It sounds like you are on the right track, looking for a therapist.

You know your community best, but they might surprise you.  I live in a conservative, very rural fishing village, populated by rednecky fishermen, farmers and hillbillies.  I, too, feared I might have to move.  As it turns out, I am accepted as myself, and I participate in various community activities.  Including, until I retired, in the volunteer fire department.  So, by all means, prepare for the worst, but be open to pleasant surprises.

Regards,

Kathy

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for introducing yourself.  welcome to the forum!

being a woman is something that is treasured by many of the folks here.

i agree with Kathy in that sometimes smaller, out of the way places it is not uncommon to find people ready to accept you, especially if there is something about you they respect.  

I relate to a lot of your story, and have had to take many steps towards being right in myself.

we are all in a path in this life.

Good luck in yours girl😊

Welcome, @Cynthina!  Your story has many aspects in common with others on Transpulse. I'm delighted to hear that you're arranging for gender therapy; that will be an important stepping stone in your progression.  I would agree with your assessment that west central Iowa isn't known for being accepting to gender nonconforming folks; my father was from nearby Orange City, Iowa and I'm very familiar with the conservative culture of the region.  Many don't have as much freedom to relocate as you've described, so that is a good thing to be considering, particularly with recent developments of the last few years regarding culture wars and intolerance.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Please do dive into topics and threads here that are of interest to you and ask any questions you might have on your mind.  We're here to support each other!

Best wishes,

Astrid

• Forum Moderator

Hello Cindy.  You have already made me jealous as i didn't have a sister whose clothingi could borrow when i was young.   I am fortunate to live in NJ where there seems to be reasonable acceptance despite my being outside small town in one of thew "rural" areas of the state.

Being here and knowing i wasn't alone helped me as did following the recommendation that i go to a gender therapist.  Before that i struggled between gay bars, addiction and short periods when out of town.

Enjoy your time here it's a great group go guys and gals.

Hugs,

Charlize

1 hour ago, Cyndee said:

Welcome Cindy to trans pulse forums, and thanks for your intro post 🙂 I hope you find your time here useful and enjoyable. I also enjoyed sneaking my sisters clothes when I was young, seems a similar theme 😁 Sounds like you are on the right track having a counselor / therapist to work with, excellent ! Have a look around our forums, join in the conversations already in progress or start your own topics. 

Welcome hugs 😊

Cyndee

Thank you ladies you don't know how much your support means to me at this point. I know that I have a long road ahead of me but I'm determined to see this through no matter where I have to go or do.

1 hour ago, Cynthina said:

Hi, I’m new to this group and want to interduce myself. My birth name is Chester but, on this page, I will be known as Cynthina or Cindy. I’m sorry this is so long but want to get some of my thoughts down and out.  I’m a 58-year-old woman trapped in a male body. I have known since I was 5 that something was not right. I started wearing my sister’s clothing at that time, and it felt great and right.

I have now decided that I can’t live the lie that I have lived all my life. I’m now starting my transgender journey and will gladly accept all advice, tips, or knowledge that I can get. I will be starting my phycological and gender therapy very soon. According to whatever timeline I have from this I want to start HRT as soon as they will let me.

I live in a small town between Sioux City and Council Bluffs. I live by myself and own my own house. I’m afraid that I will have to sell and move as this community well not accept me for who I truly am.

I have been a cross dresser all my adult life but never in the open. I love the way I feel when I have on my lingerie and am feeling myself. I’m now wearing only female under garments and doing everything I can underneath my outside cloths to make me happy.

I’m seeking likeminded friends that would be willing to talk and give me some guidance and help along this journey. I have been doing a lot of research on this but assistance from friends I think will be very important.  

Thank you in advance for any help you can give and have a blessed day.

Oh my gosh you’re life story growing up is so similar to mine I dressed as a girl when I was that age I’m 59 my new name I’m changing it to is Jamieleann I’ve been transitioning for a few years all the doors are starting to open for me it’s took a lot of searching if I can be any help please let me know I would love to help I hope we can be friends if you need anything please let me know okay girl 

Welcome, Cynthina! It's so nice to "meet" you, and as you can see by the many responses to your introduction, TGP is a wonderfully friendly, supportive, and uplifting place to be. Releasing the woman inside is sometimes thrilling...sometimes terrifying...but NEVER dull and ALWAYS amazing! We love it that you're here!💜

• Forum Moderator

Hi Cindy,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf🐾

1 hour ago, Katie M said:

Welcome, Cynthina! It's so nice to "meet" you, and as you can see by the many responses to your introduction, TGP is a wonderfully friendly, supportive, and uplifting place to be. Releasing the woman inside is sometimes thrilling...sometimes terrifying...but NEVER dull and ALWAYS amazing! We love it that you're here!💜

Thank you so much I would have never found this place if it wasn’t for a Jackie Rabbit video I was watching I’m so excited to be here 

Welcome Cindy! Glad you're here. I relate to so much of your story. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.

Hugs!

Delcina

• Forum Moderator
23 hours ago, Cynthina said:

I’m a 58-year-old woman trapped in a male body. I have known since I was 5 that something was not right. I started wearing my sister’s clothing at that time, and it felt great and right.

Welcome @Cynthinaaka Cindy. 
Your among friends here, some of us have a very similar story as you, knowing at a very early age that we wanted to be girls, however we waited until we reached maturity before making transition a priority. 

Best wishes, stay positive, and safe,

Mindy☘️🐛🏳️‍⚧️

• Forum Moderator
On 3/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, Cynthina said:

I’m seeking likeminded friends that would be willing to talk and give me some guidance and help along this journey.

@Cynthina Welcome! I was only a few years younger than you when I began my transition journey. Like many others have mentioned here, you’ve come to the right place for what you’re seeking. We’re a fantastic support forum for transgender individuals and/or their family and allies. We have so many here willing to offer you support, advice, information, and friendship. I think you’ll find many interesting individuals here who have been where you are going. In time, you’ll likely get to know many of them. I hope to read more about you and your journey if you are so willing to share.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Cindy, As others have said, you may be surprised at who will accept you as yourself. I was shocked as a coworker totally accepts me as female. When I thought with his attitude  it would be the opposite. 

Kymmie