• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Jocelyn in Vegas

jocelyn-in-vegas

Hi all, 

I'm Jocelyn from Las Vegas. Remote Software engineer by trade with a software development company that I own.
Trans related info:

• Started HRT DIY on and off back in 2010. Doctor monitored and consistent weekly injections for past 2 years. 
  • All legal docs changed back in 2020
  • This year is my year of surgeries. 
    • Orchi at Restore Medical Center - Feb 10th 2022
    • VFS at Yeson Voice Center -  March 16th 2022
    • FFS approved by insurance on March 2nd while I was out of the country having VFS. Scheduling with Dr. Keo to have to completed in the next 3 months
    • BBL with Dr. Simmons or Dr. Zach down in Miami at some point before the year is up after healing from FFS

I'm a loner introvert homebody that just works all the time and is looking to make some friends. Feel free to reach out and connect

• Forum Moderator

Welcome @jocelyn-in-vegas! How'd the voice surgery go? I don't know anyone who's actually had it and have several friends who are looking into it.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Welcome. Glad you are now here.

• Forum Moderator

Hi @jocelyn-in-vegas, Welcome…it’s really nice to meet you!😁 Looks like you’ve been making some inroads on your journey thus far. How are you feeling emotionally and physically with all the surgeries you had to this point and those upcoming? I can imagine that there’s been some high and low points along the way. I hope overall it’s been good for you.

I wish the best in your results and and that your recoveries go well. I and likely many others here would enjoy reading updates regarding these surgeries if you so desire to share any of this with us. Many here are waiting for such surgeries and any information you are willing to share may be of some help to them. No pressure, just an invitation to the opportunity. Take good care!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

Welcome Jocelyn, it's nice to meet you. BBL sounds like a great option if you didn't get the results you want from HRT, but brings with it a lot of controversy. Make sure you do a thorough job of checking your surgeons history. 

Welcome Jocelyn! Glad you're here. It sounds like you are moving right along in your transition. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.

Hugs!

Delcina

On 4/15/2022 at 11:35 AM, Jandi said:

Welcome Jocelyn

Thank you @Jandilooking forward to connecting with people here. 

On 4/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, Jackie C. said:

Welcome @jocelyn-in-vegas! How'd the voice surgery go? I don't know anyone who's actually had it and have several friends who are looking into it.

Hugs!

Thanks @Jackie C.. It is still very freash. I just ended my 30 day vocal rest 4 days ago on April 16th. So I'm still just a little hoarse and voice is weak. They shot botox in my neck to partially shut down the vocal muscles to allow everything to heal so I won't get a real since of the overall outcome for another 2-4 months with final changes setting in at the 1 year mark. I can already tell that it has flipped from how it used to be for me. I used to have to strain to stay up in a female vocal range and would relax back down to deep voice. Now relaxed is higher up and i have to force to go down to old voice so that's really nice. I'll start vocal training in another 3 weeks and continue close to the 1 year mark to insure I get the best outcomes. 

On 4/15/2022 at 9:56 PM, Susan R said:

Hi @jocelyn-in-vegas, Welcome…it’s really nice to meet you!😁 Looks like you’ve been making some inroads on your journey thus far. How are you feeling emotionally and physically with all the surgeries you had to this point and those upcoming? I can imagine that there’s been some high and low points along the way. I hope overall it’s been good for you.

I wish the best in your results and and that your recoveries go well. I and likely many others here would enjoy reading updates regarding these surgeries if you so desire to share any of this with us. Many here are waiting for such surgeries and any information you are willing to share may be of some help to them. No pressure, just an invitation to the opportunity. Take good care!

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷

@Susan R Thank you. It's nice to meet you as well. I'm doing well emotionally and physically as far as the surgeries were concerned. I was a little worried because I always travel to do these solo and thus don't have any emotional support during the initial healing processes but both surgeries so far have both gone smoothly.

My biggest areas of dysphoria have always been my face and voice. Although I did the orchi as the first surgery it was actually one of the least dysphoric things for me. I'm at a point in life were sex isn't high on my priority list as I'm very busy working on personal goals and spending time with my kids etc. I really just did it to be able to stop taking spiro. A happy byproduct has been the great improvement in how comfortable it is to tuck now and stay that way all day and to the greater concealment. It just happened to work out to be the first thing that I could get scheduled even thought it wasn't the most important for me.

The thing that is most important (FFS) is turning out to be the absolute hardest and longest procedure to get approval for and to get scheduled for. 

I have chronicled my surgery experiences so far on reddit. I can make posts and share them here as well. What is the best area to do so? 

On 4/16/2022 at 2:49 AM, Mandy Cooper said:

Welcome Jocelyn, it's nice to meet you. BBL sounds like a great option if you didn't get the results you want from HRT, but brings with it a lot of controversy. Make sure you do a thorough job of checking your surgeons history. 

Thanks @Mandy CooperYes I agree it's a good option but can be more risky than other procedures if you don't do your research. I'm actually book with Dr. Dowbak on June 15th who is trans herself and is fully board certified with a long track records of doing great work especially on bigger body types like myself. The women in my family aren't known for having amazing figures so it's not in the genetics for me to develop the figure that I desire by HRT alone so a BBL has always been in the cards for me. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, jocelyn-in-vegas said:

Thanks @Jackie C.. It is still very freash. I just ended my 30 day vocal rest 4 days ago on April 16th. So I'm still just a little hoarse and voice is weak. They shot botox in my neck to partially shut down the vocal muscles to allow everything to heal so I won't get a real since of the overall outcome for another 2-4 months with final changes setting in at the 1 year mark. I can already tell that it has flipped from how it used to be for me. I used to have to strain to stay up in a female vocal range and would relax back down to deep voice. Now relaxed is higher up and i have to force to go down to old voice so that's really nice. I'll start vocal training in another 3 weeks and continue close to the 1 year mark to insure I get the best outcomes. 

Thanks for that! We'll have to see what it's like on the other side of voice training then. Best of luck!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, jocelyn-in-vegas said:

I have chronicled my surgery experiences so far on reddit. I can make posts and share them here as well. What is the best area to do so? 

Hi Jocelyn,

I encourage you to share your experiences and results of your trans related procedures in the Transgender Surgeries subforum. For many of us, this is our “go to” trans related social forum.

2 hours ago, jocelyn-in-vegas said:

The thing that is most important (FFS) is turning out to be the absolute hardest and longest procedure to get approval for and to get scheduled for. 

I can empathize to your surgery scheduling issues. Insurance approval on elective surgeries is sometimes difficult. I hope your FFS approval comes soon…stay strong.🙂

My Best,

Susan R🌷