• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anyone Play A Instrument

Guest Emily Violet

Guest Emily Violet

i play guitar and i sing i listen to every kind of music to widen my style. my dad tells me im getting really good at singing and playing guitar. i think im gonna learn bass next or sax

who else plays an instrument

Guest joeytheman16

I am aparently one of those very musically inclined people. I play guitar, drums, sax and I sing. people tell me I should go on american idol and the only reason I would is to meet Simon. He seems like someone I could get along with.

Joey

I play (to varying degrees of competency): trumpet, trombone, saxophone (any), french horn, tin whistle, piano, and guitar. I think that's everything but I may have missed some. I've sung in choir.

Pól

Currently I'm just playing Trumpet, Flugelhorn and Piccolo trumpet, I still have my valve trombone but I don't play it much, I sold my drum set so I'm really out of practice as well as having all of my keyboards and bass over at my parent's house so real rusty on all of them as well - I haven't played Double Bass with an Orchestra since 1976.

That's about all, but I am currently playing lead and jazz solos with a 22 piece big band.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Eagledancer

I guess I play AT several instruments. Although the family enjoys the night sing-a-longs by a fire, I think they are just kind when they say I can sing! I play mostly acoustic guitar, mountain dulcimer, and hand made wind flutes and spirit drums. I do enjoy just sitting and writing music and some songs - mostly songs of love and spirit. In school (back when they first discovered the combustion engine!), I played trumpet, baritone, and sax. As I age, I find solace is the string and wind sounds more than the brass. Thanks for asking BTW because I enjoy seeing the complexity of personalities. Godspeed... ~Chay~

Guest Leigh

i guess it's never to late to learn. i always wanted to play an instrument, but i'm marginal at percussion at best...

well, that gives me something to occupy my mind for awhile...

peace&love

leigh

Guest Lisa marie

Play a little on my digeridoo from time to time, amazing sound . and mouth harp is always fun.

Practicing beatboxing at the moment to combine that with my studio breakbeat/psy trance making. (sadly i have a very short attention span so it takes forever to get something finished...)

Plus the occational private karaoke :P

Lisa

Guest Dionne

Hi Lisa,

I don't know if I can say I play the guitar. I sure try to make it make noise. If that is music then I can say I play it. I love all kinds of music. It is alot of fun to try and get the music to come out. Thanks for bringing up the subject. Makes me want to take my guitar out and play. :)

Hugs,

Dionne

I can kinda play the flute and I can play the recorder. I can also play by ear on the piano. But that is basically it on me playing an instrument.

Guest 1charlotte1
I am aparently one of those very musically inclined people. I play guitar, drums, sax and I sing. people tell me I should go on american idol and the only reason I would is to meet Simon. He seems like someone I could get along with.

Joey

I play all of those and sing.

I also play digereedoo (spelled that wrong) trumpet and trombone!

I love music. I also love languages. I speak a few, but only English and French well.

Yeah!! I quickly learned not to post in French on here, very sad pour moi

Guest 1charlotte1
Play a little on my digeridoo from time to time, amazing sound . and mouth harp is always fun.

Practicing beatboxing at the moment to combine that with my studio breakbeat/psy trance making. (sadly i have a very short attention span so it takes forever to get something finished...)

Plus the occational private karaoke :P

Lisa

Ah that's how u spell it!!

Where did u learn to play? I made my own from a big pipe and bee wax for the mouth piece area!

Learned to play through YouTube

Guest ~Brenda~

Hi Emily,

I play guitar. I like virtually all kinds of music. I also write my own music. I have been playing since I was 8 years old.

My favorite setup is my Fender Stratocaster hooked up to a Carvin V3 amp with a VOX two 12 cabinet. Sounds mint!!

Love

bernii

Guest Emily Violet
Hi Emily,

I play guitar. I like virtually all kinds of music. I also write my own music. I have been playing since I was 8 years old.

My favorite setup is my Fender Stratocaster hooked up to a Carvin V3 amp with a VOX two 12 cabinet. Sounds mint!!

Love

bernii

i have a epiphone les paul it sounds great it cost me over $500 but its worth it ive been playing since i was 11 and im getting really good. i write my own music too. ive been playing alot more metal lately haha but usually i play rock mostly classic alternative and punk rock

Guest Georgie M

I *used* to play the flute and keyboard - but unfortunately I had to stop. I haven't played either instrument in ages, so I doubt I'm as good as I once was.

Guest van-na

I play the Acoustic guitar.

I use to have a 12 string, and loved the sound, but couldn't keep it in tune.

I also had an electric, but it just that wasn't for me.

Now I just stick to the good old 6 string.

I play mostly soft rock, songs that I can sing to.

Artist like Cat Stevens , America, Harry Chapen, Bread, and many more.

Playing music is a wonderful release for me, and I love it.

Thanks for the question

:wub: vanna

Guest ashley4623
i play guitar and i sing i listen to every kind of music to widen my style. my dad tells me im getting really good at singing and playing guitar. i think im gonna learn bass next or sax

who else plays an instrument

Awesome!! Sax would be a really cool instrument to learn I've always wanted to learn it.

Anyway let's see I play....

• Guitar
  • Piano / Keyboards
  • Bass
  • Drums
  • Harmonica
  • Theremin (made a crappy homemade one)

I like to try anything I can get my hands on, and I'm always wanting to learn more. If I was filthy rich, one of the things I'd do (other than try to help other people) would be to buy 1 of ever instrument and try them all out.

I also like to sing, but I'm not particularly amazing at it. Guitar is my strength, and drums are my weakness, lol.

I really like to play lead on the electric guitar. I'm currently working on an instrumental album in a style similar to that of Joe Satriani's music. This style is perfect for me because it demands lot of guitar melodies and solos :) ...Idk what it is but improvising leads and solos on the electric guitar is like opening my soul and translating the emotions and it to music--It's healing, and just the best feeling in the world no joke. I don't know how I'd manage without that. It's a natural high.

Let's see.... I've tried my friend's violin, but that was sort of hard. I do however use a violin bow on my guitar occasionally because it's pretty cool sounding.

Writing music is also one of my favorite things to do. I feel like it's the only thing that comes natural to me. I'm always working on new songs, and I try to avoid sticking to particular styles. I like to blend different styles and influences and just keep my horizons broad. I do anything from film soundtracks to hard rock.

I like pretty much every style of music--anything from funk to country-- you name it. I get at least some inspiration from everything I hear, and whether I try or not it usually shows itself in the music I create. If I had to pick my favorite style I guess I'd have to say blues--I mean I play lead guitar--- so that's a given lol. Other than that I love jazz a lot. And I mean like classic jazz... people like John Coltrane. That kind of jazz just has an awesome feel to it--sooo relaxing. I could go on about what I like about every style, but this post is already way too long... so I'm going to stop, lol.

Yea... sorry this was so long.... I'm just so insanely obsessive over music so.... I couldn't avoid it :P

That has got to sound amazing... *drool* lol

Guest Charlene_Leona

I play the Native America Flute it's the only instrument that I have ever been naturally able to play I have 6 years of experience playing.

Guest S. Chrissie

I play the Euphonium in a wind orchestra, Trombone in a symphonic orchestra and recorder for fun. Trying to learn the piano and hope to learn the viola one day.

Not a professional, but I love making music too much to want to quit them :P

Sherlyn

Guest Amelie
Not a professional, but I love making music too much to want to quit them :P

I love this - The love of making music is what it's all about! :D

I picked up the harp as a hobby... I had no idea then where it was going to take me.

Guest Lisa marie
Ah that's how u spell it!!

Where did u learn to play? I made my own from a big pipe and bee wax for the mouth piece area!

Learned to play through YouTube

Hi Charlotte

I already knew the general idea from playing it a little when i was about 14 (my mom bought me a really small one) . used to be kind of a hippie so heard things here and there, no internet back then.

When i finally bought my own years later it was just hard work for a week or so to get the breathing down.

Real cool that you made your own, i had to order mine from australia, well worth it tho :)

Ps, just bought myself a guitar, used to play that and vocals in a band :) my fingers hurt... wish that stuck with time, chords np but the fingertips needs a month.

Lisa

Guest My_Genesis

well singing never came naturally to me so i left that idea behind a long time ago :P

i started playing flute in 4th grade, and on and off played til 11th grade, but i always borrowed from my school so i havent played since then. im trying to learn guitar now, and have found flute was a lot easier to pick up!

i bought an electric back in september but self-teaching was fail, so i started taking lessons this past spring and i think im slowly getting better. although i feel like most people pick it up more quickly. :(

anyways my electric i left at college so i'm using my dad's acoustic for the summer. so i guess eventually i can say i know how to play both B)

Guest Seth_J

I play piano. I took lessons for a couple years, but then stopped because I couldn't stand the songs in the lesson book. I would go online and find music I wanted to play. Haha, my teacher would come to my house and I wouldn't be able to play 'Crocodiles in the River' (Level 3) but then I'd pull out an arrangement of 'Simple and Clean' by Utada Hikaru and be awesome. XD

I still play, but I teach myself.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest johndoe

I play a lot of instruments. I play piano/keyboards, guitar, bass, sing. I could probably play anything that isn't wind. I'm probably going to be a musician when I grow up.