• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Your most effective technique?

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

What helps you the most to survive the struggles and challenges you face as a LGBTQ+ member?

Always being myself, never trying to wear a mask. As long as I concentrate on being the best version of myself, whatever comes out of my mouth and whatever body language I express is a reflection of the real me. If someone is bothered by it, it's their problem, not mine. I can't fix them.

I never try to hide or shy away from who I am, I try to be genuine and approachable.  I'm proud of who I am.  Theses all tend to be traits of a transparent personality, and my transparency seems to be working amazingly well.

41 minutes ago, Sally Stone said:

I never try to hide or shy away from who I am, I try to be genuine and approachable.  I'm proud of who I am.  Theses all tend to be traits of a transparent personality, and my transparency seems to be working amazingly well.

That's pretty much what I do as well. And if that fails, I pack heat.😁

• Forum Moderator

I find a great deal of support from others in the LGBTQ community.  I find that support here, in my recovery program ,from my therapist and from those who i have met in my journey.  When i am open, honest and support them i find that is returned to me.

Hugs,

Charlize

Having a positive attitude and assuring myself that everything will be ok.  Plus having everyone here that supports me. 

Live, love, laugh while you can. Have a good sense of humor and LOTS of patience. Maintain breathing. Eat well as best you can regularly. Always be responsible for yourself.

Stay open to the world, but learn, expect and except your mortal human limits. Don't spread yourself thin doing millions of engagements, focus. Math and Science are friends, friendly is a different issue on it's own.