Jump to content
  • Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

    We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Did God make a mistake?


SheenaT

Recommended Posts

I have heard this alot. Most say no he didn't.  But...

People are born with any number of abnormalities. Is transgenderism any different?

Link to comment
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Jandi

    10

  • Marcie Jensen

    15

  • SheenaT

    6

  • Artpetal

    7

Although I don't really identify as christian or theist personally, I've heard a lot about the "God doesn't make mistakes" argument, and my take is this:

 

1. Trans people clearly exist.

2. If God doesn't make mistakes,

3. Then God, therefore, intentionally makes some people trans.

 

And if someone happens believe that God's will should not be questioned, well, then being anti-trans is clearly questioning God's will.

 

Link to comment
  • Admin

Although I still attend and take part in The Episcopal Church I have had my beliefs tempered by the "God as you understand (pronoun or God)" concept in Chemical Dependence Recovery Programs and that makes a difference to the whole picture.  I understand a Creator/Created/Parent and not the "Sky Daddy" sorta human image that some of my non-theistic and frankly bitter friends have created in ridicule other beliefs.  My background includes Zoology where I was introduced to the field of genetics and in Physiological Psychology.  I find a great deal of awe for the forces of nature that take the small molecules of amino acids that have come into being and create all of what we call Carbon Based Life which includes human beings.  The interplay of those small molecules as they create the organs and organ systems that make up our bodies, even though they can be described as reactions of individual atoms which are even smaller things, do inspire me with their depth and individual beauties.  As we go on in research on why a percentage of us have natural variations that make up our bodies, it has become evident that these small building block are functioning exactly as their chemical properties can happen based on those chemical properties possibilities for creating viable human life in predictable shapes that will support life, and beyond the individual, into human social life that sustains human communities.  Trans people are part of creation, it is the human inability to see our immense similarities inside of what the insecure see as immense and threatening differences.

Link to comment

There are so many aspects to this.  I mean, what is "god" to start with.  Does she micro manage… or just let things happen.  I mean… dang, girl…  

 

I'm not sure I even want to know.

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Jandi said:

There are so many aspects to this.  I mean, what is "god" to start with.  Does she micro manage… or just let things happen.  I mean… dang, girl…  

 

I'm not sure I even want to know.

😊

Link to comment
  • Forum Moderator

I think we are all given trials and tribulations here on earth and those are meant to help us become us and to help others who need help on the earthly plane. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Heather Shay said:

I think we are all given trials and tribulations here on earth and those are meant to help us become us and to help others who need help on the earthly plane. 

😊

Link to comment

Interesting thoughts here, folks, and I'm afraid I'm gonna have to weigh in. As an ordained PCUSA minister of Word and Sacrament, and a practicing Calvinist (I'll keep practicing until I get it right) my thoughts are these.

 

First, @SheenaT, God does not make mistakes. To do so would not only be contrary to the nature of God, but would mean that God is not infallible, and thus would not be God. Circular argument, I know, but it's the truth from a Christian Theological perspective. 

 

Second, nowhere in Scripture is transgenderism mentioned. (Yes, I've heard the arguments about eunichs being trans. That argument is made by folks who don't speak either Biblical Greek or Hebrew. In Greek, the word eunich is always used to indicate a castrated male, while in Hebrew it's used to indicate a either a person in authority or a castrated male. The point being, trans folk don't show up in Scripture. Period.) 

 

This leads me to @Heather Nicole and her point that transpeople clearly exist and thus God made them that way. While a valid argument, it is a bit simplistic. I say this because it overlooks the fallen nature of the material world and the role of sin corrupting God's creation. Incidentally, and frankly more importantly, her point about questioning God's will is particularly apt. That said, I point to two passages in Scripture that emphasize this. The first comes from the Old Testament prophet Isaiah, specifically 55:8*9 wherein God speaks to him saying words to the effect of "my ways are not your ways, don't presume to question" (shortened here for purposes of brevity) and the New Testament's Gospel of Matthew where Jesus tells us "Judge not, lest ye be judged." (Matt 7:1-3.

 

And @Jandi, you ask the question that has been debated since time immemorial regarding the nature of God; a being of pure spirit. There is neither time nor space to answer that in full here. Apologies. That's a question you will have to decide for yourself. Ultimately, It's between you and Him. (I'm using a male pronoun here because in Aramaic, Jesus referred to God as "Abba," which is a colloquial for of Father, which was used the way we would use "daddy," and I figure he ought to know...)

 

And finally, @Heather Shay, knowing your love of music, I am thinking of the musical Jesus Christ Superstar, where the apostles are all singing, "Look at all my trials and tribulations, sinking in a gentle pool of wine..."

 

I hope I've not offended anyone. If so, I apologize.

Link to comment

Sorry if my last got a bit preachy. Even though I'm retired, I paid for my MDiv and still like to use it. Occupational hazard. 😁

Link to comment

@Marcie JensenI became a Christian about 25 years ago, and what I have been taught, and what I have read, is absolutely in line with what you've related here. What I will add is that we are not meant to understand His ways - think garden-snake-apple.

 

I also learned to fully understand and appreciate "Jesus Christ, Superstar."

Link to comment
  • Root Admin

Amen!

Link to comment
26 minutes ago, Hannah Renee said:

@Marcie JensenI became a Christian about 25 years ago, and what I have been taught, and what I have read, is absolutely in line with what you've related here. What I will add is that we are not meant to understand His ways - think garden-snake-apple.

 

I also learned to fully understand and appreciate "Jesus Christ, Superstar."

😁

Link to comment

First of all I'm not a believer in a higher power, but I have absolutely nothing against those who do believe in a higher power!!!

 

I think being transgender and LGBTQ+ is probably experienced by some percentage of the animal life on earth to some degree or another. Depending on how sentient you believe other animals to be. We learn more about animal's being self aware all the time and the old idea of only humans being self aware seems wrong anymore. 

 

From my personal perspective I fully believe I have the mind and "being" of a woman, she just developed inside a testosterone poisoned body!! That makes me sad and angry if someone made a decision to allow that to happen!! 

Link to comment

I don't think the problem concept is "God" but the idea of a mistake.

It seems to refer to humanity's blessing and curse of imagination and idealism, and therefore the idea of an alternate universe, where things "should" or "should not" have happened.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

you ask the question that has been debated since time immemorial regarding the nature of God; a being of pure spirit. There is neither time nor space to answer that in full here. Apologies. That's a question you will have to decide for yourself.

Yeah. This is true.

 

Oddly enough, I was a "ruling elder" for a time in a smaller Presbyterian denomination.  I've seen good and bad in churches.  For better or worse, I no longer consider myself to be a christian.  I also no longer try to define "God" or speak for him/her/them/whatever.  I think that once we try to define "God" in anyway, we at that point are limiting him/her/them/whatever.  I do not consider myself to be an atheist, but there is no way I can begin to explain "God" at this point.

 

I'll admit, my life was simpler when I still trusted the scriptures.  (There is actually some good stuff in there)

Personally, I feel that arguing for LGBTQ issues from scripture is grasping at straws. But that's just my opinion.  And it is true that my knowledge of Greek & Hebrew is very limited.

 

@Marcie Jensen I mean you no offense in any of what I've written here.  And I would agree that "God" does not make mistakes.

Link to comment

Hey @Jandi,  no offense taken at all. You're entitled to believe what you want, and faith is a very personal thing. I get it. i grew up in a household with an agnostic father, a Unitarian mother, a Calvinist grandfather on one side and a Missouri Synod Lutheran grandfather on the the other. One of my brothers is Catholic and the other is something else--not sure what. You can imagine what family gatherings were like...

 

For the record, I agree with you about trying to define God, as it tries to limit that which cannot, by definition, be limited. In seminary that was called "putting God in a box" and was laughed at.  Also, I agree about arguing LGBTQ+ issues based solely on Scripture is grasping at straws and is a losing proposition. My point was that transpeople are simply not addressed in Scripture, and that anyone who tries to argue the point--from either perspective; pro or con--is wasting their time. And, I would point out that those who try to argue against the LGBTQ+ community based on a passage in 1 Corinthians is wrongly interpreting Scripture. Paul was addressing a specific situation within the church in Corinth where temple prostitutes--both male and female--from the temple of Aphrodite were disrupting services to ply their trade among the congregation. 

 

The point I was trying to make by quoting two pieces of Scripture was that as humans, finite beings, we can't hope to understand how God thinks, and as Christians, we are told pretty plainly not to judge other people. Sorry I wasn't clear. 

 

And, @Jaycie, I'm curious, and this is not an attempt to convert or proselytize; rather it's a serious question and I'm trying to understand. If you don't believe in a higher power, what do you believe in? What I'm referring to is multifold; your moral compass, how the universe was created and so on. I don't mean to insult, offend or otherwise push any buttons or trigger anyone with this. You see, science doesn't have all the answers and nature makes no distinctions between good and evil behavior. Incidentally, I believe in evolution and see no conflict between science and faith. And, as a corollary, if there is no God, and everything was randomly created, what is the purpose of life, ie: why are we here? These are huge questions, and I've never heard an adequate explanation outside of faith. I'm sorry if this comes across in the wrong way. My position has changed through the years. In fact, when I was in my 20s and a parachute infantryman for religious preference I had "Tac Air" on my dog tags (that's army slang for tactical air support) on the grounds that anything I called on from the sky needed to be fast, hard hitting and on target. Needless to say, I've evolved...

 

Link to comment

Heh heh….  I was actually raised in the  Missouri Synod Lutheran church.  LOL

 

Oh well.

Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Jandi said:

Heh heh….  I was actually raised in the  Missouri Synod Lutheran church.  LOL

 

Oh well.

Heh heh, indeed. LOL.

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

And, @Jaycie, I'm curious, and this is not an attempt to convert or proselytize; rather it's a serious question and I'm trying to understand. If you don't believe in a higher power, what do you believe in? What I'm referring to is multifold; your moral compass, how the universe was created and so on. I don't mean to insult, offend or otherwise push any buttons or trigger anyone with this. You see, science doesn't have all the answers and nature makes no distinctions between good and evil behavior. Incidentally, I believe in evolution and see no conflict between science and faith. And, as a corollary, if there is no God, and everything was randomly created, what is the purpose of life, ie: why are we here? These are huge questions, and I've never heard an adequate explanation outside of faith. I'm sorry if this comes across in the wrong way. My position has changed through the years. In fact, when I was in my 20s and a parachute infantryman for religious preference I had "Tac Air" on my dog tags (that's army slang for tactical air support) on the grounds that anything I called on from the sky needed to be fast, hard hitting and on target. Needless to say, I've evolved...

No worries!

 

Do I believe in a higher power? No not really. I believe "higher power" is a thing everyone gets to define for themselves. Personally I guess if I had to say I had a higher power... the universe in general but I don't believe its directed or every was by any being(s). My moral compass? Try not to hurt other beings human or otherwise. Fulfill my needs and the needs of those around me as best I can, to have a happy and fulfilling lives. Try to leave things better than I found them. Good and evil are real human ideas and I truly believe good and evil people/behavior exist (by D&D alignment, I'm lawful good by the way 😊). I have strong political/social beliefs that makeup my moral compass too. The purpose of life is that there is no purpose unless we make one. I don't think there is a being or group of beings directing us or that made us for a specific purpose, its just that we exist and now what does each/all of us do with that existence? I choose to try and be a "good" person, that's how I was raised and a choice I've made. I'm fine with us not having the answers to all things and I'm open to new ideas, however the unknown does not cause me fear or worry. I try to be curious, kind, and be open minded about as many things as I can.

 

These are just my thoughts and I don't mean to hurt or upset anyone with them. I guess I'm a weird being overall having read this and I thought about just deleting it. LOL 

Link to comment

When I came out to some family members last December, one of my cousins took it upon herself to tell me that I should pray this away. I was told that God does not make mistakes and Jesus loves me. I told her that praying does not change the fact that I am transgender, but I will admit, that praying to help me find ways to transition, seem to be working fine. I have indeed been very fortunate with all of the people I have encountered in my journey to my best version of me.

 

As for the mistakes thing, I told her that she was right. God did not make a mistake, he made me transgender. That sort of shut her up. I also let her know that I never doubted my relationship with God or Jesus. I never heard another word from her. No great loss. 

 

We exist. We are real people with so many common thoughts, dreams, hopes, sorrows, joys, obstacles, and yet, despite anything else, we know that we have a female soul. We are born as to what is thought to be a clean slate, but is it? Too many of us have similar stories in what we experienced. I could be wrong in this belief, but I believe we were born with a female soul. We achieve awareness that the shell we are in is all wrong. What can you do about it as a kid? Back when I was little, nothing. How many of us engaged in female role playing as kids? As such, when we say we are transgender, I am not sure that is as accurate as it could be. We are transitioning our external body to match our innate soul, or what makes us, us, so there is a congruence. We are not suddenly going from being totally male in thought and action, to that of a female. Most of us become aware that things are wrong at an early age, and we go on to try to live our lives. It is a complex journey.

 

There are all sorts of thoughts out there. I still believe in God. Too many people try to interpret the Bible to meet their own desires. Too many people try to tell us their beliefs wrapped in religious speak. These people know the form of religion but not the substance of religion. We are who we are. Decent human beings with flaws like everybody else. We have as much right to be our best selves.

 

Sincerely

Katie

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jaycie said:

No worries!

 

Do I believe in a higher power? No not really. I believe "higher power" is a thing everyone gets to define for themselves. Personally I guess if I had to say I had a higher power... the universe in general but I don't believe its directed or every was by any being(s). My moral compass? Try not to hurt other beings human or otherwise. Fulfill my needs and the needs of those around me as best I can, to have a happy and fulfilling lives. Try to leave things better than I found them. Good and evil are real human ideas and I truly believe good and evil people/behavior exist (by D&D alignment, I'm lawful good by the way 😊). I have strong political/social beliefs that makeup my moral compass too. The purpose of life is that there is no purpose unless we make one. I don't think there is a being or group of beings directing us or that made us for a specific purpose, its just that we exist and now what does each/all of us do with that existence? I choose to try and be a "good" person, that's how I was raised and a choice I've made. I'm fine with us not having the answers to all things and I'm open to new ideas, however the unknown does not cause me fear or worry. I try to be curious, kind, and be open minded about as many things as I can.

 

These are just my thoughts and I don't mean to hurt or upset anyone with them. I guess I'm a weird being overall having read this and I thought about just deleting it. LOL 

Thanks, @Jaycie. I appreciate your answer, but I have to ask, while your moral compass comes from "strong political/social beliefs," where did those come from? (No need to answer, just think on it.) If you are referring to what the founders wrote in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, etc., I would point out that all of the rights and principles in these documents come from Christo-Judaic ideals, the Bible, and the writings of numerous European theologians and philosophers. We can deny it all we want, but it doesn't change the facts. Also, if good and evil are merely human ideas, and not divinely derived, what makes "good" good, and what makes "evil" evil. For example, I think it's fair to say that human sacrifice is virtually universally condemned as evil, yet the Incans, Maya, Aztecs, Phoenicians and Philistines, to name a few, not only practiced this and regarded it as "good" and "moral" behavior. There's something of a disconnect there, I think.

 

Also, if there is no higher power, and everything is by random chance--a dice roll to D&D players--what it the purpose of life and why be "good" as it's commonly defined? (BTW, back in the  day--I started playin D&D back in 1974--the was a distinct Christo-Judaic flavor to it, and Gary Gygax was a Pentecostal Christian. Just sayin'...)

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

When I came out to some family members last December, one of my cousins took it upon herself to tell me that I should pray this away. I was told that God does not make mistakes and Jesus loves me. I told her that praying does not change the fact that I am transgender, but I will admit, that praying to help me find ways to transition, seem to be working fine. I have indeed been very fortunate with all of the people I have encountered in my journey to my best version of me.

 

As for the mistakes thing, I told her that she was right. God did not make a mistake, he made me transgender. That sort of shut her up. I also let her know that I never doubted my relationship with God or Jesus. I never heard another word from her. No great loss. 

 

We exist. We are real people with so many common thoughts, dreams, hopes, sorrows, joys, obstacles, and yet, despite anything else, we know that we have a female soul. We are born as to what is thought to be a clean slate, but is it? Too many of us have similar stories in what we experienced. I could be wrong in this belief, but I believe we were born with a female soul. We achieve awareness that the shell we are in is all wrong. What can you do about it as a kid? Back when I was little, nothing. How many of us engaged in female role playing as kids? As such, when we say we are transgender, I am not sure that is as accurate as it could be. We are transitioning our external body to match our innate soul, or what makes us, us, so there is a congruence. We are not suddenly going from being totally male in thought and action, to that of a female. Most of us become aware that things are wrong at an early age, and we go on to try to live our lives. It is a complex journey.

 

There are all sorts of thoughts out there. I still believe in God. Too many people try to interpret the Bible to meet their own desires. Too many people try to tell us their beliefs wrapped in religious speak. These people know the form of religion but not the substance of religion. We are who we are. Decent human beings with flaws like everybody else. We have as much right to be our best selves.

 

Sincerely

Katie

I love this, thank you!

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

When I came out to some family members last December, one of my cousins took it upon herself to tell me that I should pray this away. I was told that God does not make mistakes and Jesus loves me. I told her that praying does not change the fact that I am transgender, but I will admit, that praying to help me find ways to transition, seem to be working fine. I have indeed been very fortunate with all of the people I have encountered in my journey to my best version of me.

Hi @Katie23. First, you're cousin has an interesting theological perspective. In my experience, prayer doesn't work the way your cousin wants it to. I will say, prayer is always answered, but sometimes the answers are "no," or "wait and see." It's also not some sort of magical panacea. And I would agree to the comment that God does not make mistakes and Jesus loves everyone. Being trans doesn't change that.

Hugs. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Jaycie said:

I guess I'm a weird being overall having read this and I thought about just deleting it. LOL

Well, IDK.

I have some weird ideas of my own.  Perhaps we each are a part of one organism?  Kinda like those fungi that pop up in the fairy circles.  There is one theory that the whole planet is a single organism.  I mean, what is life really?

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Thanks, @Jaycie. I appreciate your answer, but I have to ask, while your moral compass comes from "strong political/social beliefs," where did those come from? (No need to answer, just think on it.) If you are referring to what the founders wrote in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Federalist Papers, etc., I would point out that all of the rights and principles in these documents come from Christo-Judaic ideals, the Bible, and the writings of numerous European theologians and philosophers. We can deny it all we want, but it doesn't change the facts. Also, if good and evil are merely human ideas, and not divinely derived, what makes "good" good, and what makes "evil" evil. For example, I think it's fair to say that human sacrifice is virtually universally condemned as evil, yet the Incans, Maya, Aztecs, Phoenicians and Philistines, to name a few, not only practiced this and regarded it as "good" and "moral" behavior. There's something of a disconnect there, I think.

 

Also, if there is no higher power, and everything is by random chance--a dice roll to D&D players--what it the purpose of life and why be "good" as it's commonly defined? (BTW, back in the  day--I started playin D&D back in 1974--the was a distinct Christo-Judaic flavor to it, and Gary Gygax was a Pentecostal Christian. Just sayin'...)

My political and social beliefs come from humans being social creatures and if we don't take care of each other then whats the point of even being human or having a civilization? I don't think the constitution or federalist papers are important in the grand scheme of humanity, one day better systems will be developed and they will just be building blocks along with many other bits and pieces form other cultures. I believe humans tend to be good overall, its just they system we have in place feeds fear to the masses, some believe it and some don't. Being transgender is sold to some as being evil that's absolutely not true its just fear sold to a side in a political debate and its just one example of our current state in the US. 

I don't think humans can truly move forward until we see that we have to move forward together with love and acceptance for all types of people.

 

I guess I define evil as knowingly hurting other's to benefit yourself or those around you given what you know about the world. To get "ahead" at all cost because you need something and without care for others. I don't think whats evil to the Incan's is comparable with the Spanish oppressors that they came in contact with. Or corporations making profit from health care over caring for people. I think evil is a social construct, I can define it in my time and space and for like cultures, but I would never call the Aztec, Ican's, Maya etc evil. I would'nt judge them for doing what they thought was best for their cultures and people. I do judge European powers for their murder of countless indigenous  peoples across the globe in the name of power and their twisted view of faith.

Link to comment
  • MaryEllen locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

    • Petra Jane
    • MiraM
    • MaryEllen
    • NashySlashy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      76.7k
    • Total Posts
      719.9k
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      9,610
    • Most Online
      8,356

    YellowLizardGuy
    Newest Member
    YellowLizardGuy
    Joined
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Estevan
      Estevan
      (16 years old)
    2. Julielynn
      Julielynn
      (51 years old)
    3. lewlew
      lewlew
      (28 years old)
  • Posts

    • Davie
    • Davie
      Hi @Purple8. Welcome. Yes, I identify with your feelings. I think it is tough to "find" yourself when you identify as somewhere in the middle, such as non-binary. It's a process that for me, took time, and reflection, and writing about it and, yes, talking to a gender therapist, too. You're doing great by finding this TGP site. Keep coming. We're here all night. 💜 -- Davie
    • VickySGV
      You are in a pretty common place with a lot of us here.  We are not Gender Counselors, but almost all of us have been through Gender Counseling  and found that it really helped us.  When we tell the rest of the world that we are not their idea of what we should be and are going to be our own self, it can be a bit rough, but it is freeing.
    • Purple8
      Hello everyone! I am a 32 year old person who was assigned male at birth. Generally fine with the pronouns he/they. Most of my life I have identified as a cis-man but lately have been really questioning how much that truly describes who I am. Throughout my life I have always had discomfort when I’ve been grouped with guys or asked to do things because I am a “man.” When I was a kid in school and I would be grouped with the boys I would always feel out of place. I used to justify this feeling because I’m gay and most of the boys I knew growing up were straight. Even as an adult now I feel pretty alien generally when I am around a group of typically straight men. As an adult I find myself pretty comfortable presenting pretty “masculinely.” But I still find myself experiencing a lot of friction when people have certain perceptions or expectations of me because of that presentation. And recently I have had interactions with a guy where while we were together he complimented how masculine and manly I was which felt incredibly uncomfortable to me. Which, has now lead me to self reflect and I feel I truly don’t relate to the terms masculine or manly other than my very surface level presentation. I also don’t consider myself really feminine. Though I do feel that with whatever feminine traits or qualities I do have, I really enjoy when those are complimented or affirmed. I definitely don’t identify as a woman, though. A couple weeks ago I finally was just like “maybe I am non-binary” and once I sat with that for a second and I realized I could just remove myself from having to wear the label of “man”, I felt as though a giant weight was being lifted off of me and it felt pretty amazing. So this is still very new for me. I’m still exploring this and have so far enjoyed the journey. Though, I do have a kind of imposter syndrome feeling as I still currently really am fine and enjoy presenting more masculinely (however sometimes with a little queer flair.) Really for me it’s mostly dealing with the general discomfort I feel from people’s expectations of me because they look at me and think “man.” Anybody with similar experiences?
    • VickySGV
      @Carolyn Marie Minor Confession -- I am in it as well.  I am in an unusually shy mood at the minute though.  I know, I know, not my usual self.
    • Confused1
      PSA testing?   Seriously, I'm happy you got answers. I know you were stressing what you might find. I don't like MRI's either.   Mike
    • Teri Anne
      Awesome pics Jaycie you look fabulous.
    • Astrid
      Take a look at the many forum topics to see if any are of interest. You'll find recommendations about books on gender identity, too.   Best,   Astrid
    • Carolyn Marie
      That was great, @VickySGV,  Thanks so much for sharing it.  Your friends are awesome!   Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      As overwhelming as it has been for you, I am glad you did it and found out so you can work toward the future of your life.  The anomalies make you simply you, but a you who now can be even more yourself.  I know that sounds complicated, but it is a happy thing.
    • VickySGV
      https://youtu.be/QPHj8IdyRX4   They got a bunch of my friends in it.  Enjoy.
    • Roach
      A fresh haircut is always something to look forward to!
    • Roach
      @DonkeySocks I can understand the anxiety around extended family. I don't see most of the people in my family very often, so I struggle to think of what is appropriate to tell them. Great to hear this!
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      What a week.  I've been to appointment after appointment, and scared half to death.    It started out as a routine exam with an ObGyn in a larger city who was advertised as being LGBTQ+ friendly.  Thankfully, she was.  During my physical exam she did a lot of looking at me, and feeling around.  I hate that part.  But she found something previous doctors had missed. A couple of somethings, and she was pretty concerned and sent me off to get blood tests, and an MRI the following day.  Couldn't get one the same day, so we ended up having to overnight in a hotel.  I don't do well with stress, and I was worried sick.   The next day - MRI.  My husband has thankfully had one before, and he knew I would be freaking out.  He was allowed in with me, and even with him calming me down I had to be somewhat sedated to get through it.  Tight spaces and loud noises are not my thing.  After that, waiting for the doctor to look at the results.  More worry.    I'm not only intersex, I'm a medical mystery.  My genes are normal - just like any cis female.  My anatomy is unique, but the weirdness is mostly internal.  Among more minor oddities is a fully-formed PROSTATE.  Dear God.  I don't get how I could have been born like that!  It was a first for the doctor also.  It took a while for her to analyze the images and get the test results. She was initially concerned that I had some kind of cancer, and that really made the whole experience worse for me.  At the moment, her thought is that any surgical transition attempt would be ill-advised.  Thankfully, I wasn't interested in pursuing that.  I'll probably have to watch things more carefully than the average human, but other than that I can just leave it alone since things function well enough.     I guess most rural doctors aren't even looking for something like this?  And now I wonder what this means for the rest of my life... 😢    
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Not sure how much help there will be in your area.  Since you list your location as "Religious Hell" I'm guessing probably somewhere that may not be the most friendly.    I live in a conservative area in the rural southern USA.  About as religious as it gets.  If you don't live in a larger city (and where I live, we define that as 30,000 people or more) then I'd look for the one nearest to you.  There will be an office called "Labor Department" or "Division of Workforce Services."  Something like that, but to my knowledge every state will have one, with multiple offices in each state.  They are paid by the public to help people in all kinds of situations, including yours.    Offices like that offer multiple kinds of services, including building a resume, locating lost former employers, and counseling to help you adjust.  They do a lot of work with people who have immigrated for work visas, refugee/asylum, etc.  It is by no means the only solution, but it is a GREAT starting point.    One thing to note - lacking a CV may not really be a problem.  In the city near where I live, most employers don't really consider foreign employment experience to be "valid."  We're pretty provincial here.  You're basically starting from zero....and in your case that could help you if finding previous employment documents fails.    I don't know about your area, but in many places in the South there are a lot of job openings.  Good paying stuff - they'll practically take anybody who can read and write English and has a pulse.  My sister barely worked until recently.  She lived at home and attempted to write short stories for magazines (without making money.)  Now she works as a secretary, and got the job with only personal references and no resume. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.
×
×
  • Create New...