• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Boston Children’s Hospital inundated by harassment campaign over trans health services

Davie

These people have no conscience and are knowingly spreading lies against us, and those that support us.  And people are perfectly willing to believe them, and feel justified in attacking us.  

I see so much parallel to the rise of Fascism/Nazism in the '30's.  It has nothing to do with truth. Its intention is to stir up mindless hatred.

• Admin

I'm hopeful that if these people have broken laws, that either BPD or the FBI will charge them and they can be punished. 

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

In a book on a completely different topic is the quotation "they instill terror lest they themselves be terrified" -- it was talking about evil spirits in the book I read, but it fits what is happening here. 

My other image in much of this is "hitting the side of a barn" with birdshot.   The internet has given them a way to feel big and mighty when in fact they are housebound by many things. 

In my childhood it was paper Caps guns that we "shot" at passing cars or circling flocks of birds, knowing we would do no damage

Yes they are dangerous because other people whom they influence do possess lethal firearms and other damaging weapons and do not take the fantasies as such.  SIGH!!!!!

4 hours ago, Jandi said:

These people have no conscience and are knowingly spreading lies against us, and those that support us.  And people are perfectly willing to believe them, and feel justified in attacking us.  

I see so much parallel to the rise of Fascism/Nazism in the '30's.  It has nothing to do with truth. Its intention is to stir up mindless hatred.

I have been sounding this alarm for a while. There are too many parallels at this point. You have the propaganda channel at Fox. Tucker Carlson may as well be this century's Joseph Goebbels. The only part missing is a secret paramilitary force to immediately enforce the Republican Nazi Party (RNP). The funny part of it is you could take the images of Hitler's speeches, and paste in the audio track from a Trump rally, and it would be so similar. I wonder when Trump will start asking people to start calling him the Führer. He already wanted the same type of loyalty that the Nazi generals gave Hitler. You can't make this stuff up. What concerns me more is, imagine if there had been a sympathetic Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and a Secretary of Defense that intervened in favor of Trump. People have not asked themselves this question. With the House and Senate possibly going red this coming November, I believe the military general selections require approval by the politicians. If that is the case, imagine the skew that could occur. The only counterbalance will likely be the large number of minorities in the enlisted ranks. 

It will be a crazy time ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

I note that the article shows links to Libraries and Schools as well.  We seem to be the barn they are currently using for target practice.  Threatening to do it from inside one really does take the skill and fairness out of it though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Gotcha!

FBI Arrests Suspect Connected to Boston Children’s Hospital Bomb Hoax 

The FBI has arrested a suspect in the bomb threat that was made at Boston Children’s Hospital last month, the agency announced on Thursday. Catherine Leavy of Westfield, Massachusetts, has been charged in a complaint with one count of “explosive materials – willfully making a false bomb threat.” Should she be convicted, the federal crime carries a prison sentence of up to five years.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/suspect-connected-to-boston-childrens-hospital-bomb-hoax-arrested-1234593896/

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Davie for posting the follow up article, lyrics of a famous song "hate will come back to you"

4 hours ago, Cyndee said:

Thanks Davie for posting the follow up article, lyrics of a famous song "hate will come back to you."

"Peg" by Steely Dan –– I always thought it was "Pain—will come back to you."

• Forum Moderator

@Daviewhen I look up the lyrics for that song it's a little different. Let's try Wet Willie "everything that cha do, will come back to you" , oh my

Here's the end of it . . . so far.

Fewer than 10 anti-trans protesters met by 100s of counter-protesters at Boston Children's Hospital.

The Globe reported that one reason the reaction to the protest was so strong was due to the presence of Canadian anti-trans activist Chris Elston. Elston was part of a group of far-right activists who spread false accusations about Boston Children’s Hospital online, such as that the hospital performs sex-change operations on minors. The accusations helped spur a harassment campaign against the hospital and its doctors.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2022/09/18/anti-transgender-healthcare-protesters-boston-childrens-hospital/

• Admin

A war of slogans and misinformation.  Some from both sides because even the Trans Supporters have used the slogan vs. full information format as well.  I don't know the solution to the problem, but it is real.   Numbers though on the Trans ally side did look good however. 

8 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Some from both sides because even the Trans Supporters have used the slogan vs. full information format as well. 

I suspect that a lot of the people involved lack the patience to do the research.

And of course, slogans appeal to their emotions.