• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

WPATH Standards of Care 8 is out

Heather Nicole

It's apparently out now:

https://www.wpath.org/soc8

From what I'm hearing so far, it sounds like a big improvement. (Although transphobes and transmedicalists may lose their minds over some of it.)

This seems to be a good summary/analysis of it:

Apparently, one of the physician authors were tied to an org with religious leanings that supported the belief in cognitive therapy in lieu of medical or social transition for minors, to uncover what I assume they believed to be social-emotional problems which were masked as the child's belief in being transgender.

I am not sure what the actual evidence behind this is, which could only be de-transition rates which are basically rare, and many seem to be hormonal immunity.

So especially in the current political climate, it appears that WPATH made some accomodation for those that are by association, too close to some of the political forces that also basically want to destroy us.

I only think it is interesting because I assume this came about with the attention to trans kids and may ask the larger question whether we are born with an essence or soul, or if we are just meat machines who are easily conditioned and programmed, and therefore able to be controlled. They are basically saying kids cannot know if they are actually trans, which pushes back medical transition beyond puberty. This basically seems to suggest an agenda to call all trans into question (labelled as Ideology) and many have said will eventually seek to detransition not only children but us adults. Or at least make our life more hell.

The terms "bodily mutilation" conjoined with the word "children" are being thrown around in absolute seriousness by legislators who neither understand or care. We should expect with stakes so high, especially for those that have been active in the "LGB community" since Stonewall to be attacked from EVERY side.

36 minutes ago, stveee said:

The terms "bodily mutilation" conjoined with the word "children" are being thrown around in absolute seriousness by legislators who neither understand or care.

They have no desire to understand.  For most of them we are merely a convenient target to make political points with their base - who also have no desire to understand.  I mean, the Bible says……