• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Jayne From Maine

Just Jayne

Hello everyone,

Just getting started here and learning my way around. I’m a 60 something transgender woman (MtF) who started living genuinely later in life. I came out to my wife in 2016 and in 2021 started HRT. I’Ve been fortunate to have a supportive wife, allies and community, but that doesn't mean I don’t still have doubts and struggles like al of us. Living in Maine I enjoy being outdoors bicycling, boating and spending time with our goldendoodle. After attending MaineTransNet for several years I died decided I needed to give back to the community, I am a facilitator and caucus co-chair for the 35+ caucus.

There’s probably more I’ll think of after I post, but this is a start. 

A3E34D85-56E0-4DC1-91D5-8F3CE60578BA.jpeg

Still learning my way…. Do I need to post requesting this post to be approved? If so, once the post os approved can this one be removed??

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Jayne, glad you are here and I hope you find it very rewarding. I did. Look around and answer any posts and ask questions. I'm sure you will soon hear from some amazing people here.

• Forum Moderator

Hi, Jayne!  I am not too far away, just across the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.  My story is pretty similar to yours.

Look around, join in the discussions, start your own.  It's a nice, supportive place.

Regards,

Kathy

32 minutes ago, KathyLauren said:

Hi, Jayne!  I am not too far away, just across the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.  My story is pretty similar to yours.

Look around, join in the discussions, start your own.  It's a nice, supportive place.

Regards,

Kathy

My wife and I had our honeymoon in Nova Scotia 15 years ago. We crisscrossed Nova Scotia and then cam home va the ferry out of Yarmouth to Portland, ME. 

2 hours ago, Ivy said:

Welcome Jayne 

Thanks Ivy. Trying to learn my way around the forums and get used to the UI. Maybe it’s good as it’s making me slow down and get comfy. Thank you for the “Welcome” Ivy!

It's nice to have you here, Jayne!  

8 hours ago, Just Jayne said:

I’Ve been fortunate to have a supportive wife, allies and community, but that doesn't mean I don’t still have doubts and struggles like al of us.

Very true for me, too, and a good many others here as well. Folks here are very supportive and affirming.  Hope to see you around; ask anything, and feel free to chime in on threads of interest!

Best wishes,

Astrid 

7 hours ago, Astrid said:

It's nice to have you here, Jayne!  

Very true for me, too, and a good many others here as well. Folks here are very supportive and affirming.  Hope to see you around; ask anything, and feel free to chime in on threads of interest!

Best wishes,

Astrid 

I have enjoyed the folks I have met so far. I have low vision and am recovering from my second concussion in 6 months, which has made it challenging for me to figure out how to search and navigate the site. 

I’ve grown attached to the attachable breast prosthetics over the last two years, but my wife says with my development It’s time for a breast reduction. Blouses are starting to get a bit too tight in that area. I’ve tried searching for a thread but I’m coming up dry. Maybe I need to start a new thread. 

We’re in an interesting place. In my case we’re trying to learn things young women learned in their teems and twenties. We have the advantage of no peer pressure, and yet the drive to learn the necessities of this life we’ve been called to live. I find myself telling my wife, men should live one month as a woman and they’d have a far greater respect for women and the privilege they enjoy.

This post has probably gone beyond the lines of introductions, if it has I hope someone will point me ont he right direction.

Jayne

3 hours ago, Just Jayne said:

We’re in an interesting place. In my case we’re trying to learn things young women learned in their teems and twenties.

Yeah.  2nd puberty with complications.

• Forum Moderator

Hello @Just Jayne and welcome.  I used to go to MTN meeting but stopped a couple years before Covid shutdown.  Its a great organization.  I still have a friend who works there.   I'm about an hour and half from Portland. 

It seems life is treating you well, except for the concussions.  Please join in the conversation.  I'm sure you will bring a lot of knowledge and advice.

Cheers, 
Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi Jayne,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf🐾

9 hours ago, Just Jayne said:

Blouses are starting to get a bit too tight in that area. I’ve tried searching for a thread but I’m coming up dry. Maybe I need to start a new thread. 

You could start a new topic in the Fashion forum topic, or just ask away in a different thread or topic -- Moderators here occasionally move things around so that it better matches a topic, but it's not a huge deal.  

Best wishes,

Astrid

• Forum Moderator
On 12/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, Just Jayne said:

Living in Maine I enjoy being outdoors bicycling, boating and spending time with our goldendoodle.

Hi @Just Jayne. It’s a pleasure to meet you! I grew up near you. During my elementary school years, I lived in Augusta, Maine way back when. I absolutely loved that area. I have so many great memories from that place.

You already know how fortunate you are having a supportive spouse on a journey of this type. Those in our ‘community’ can always use a trusting allie and supportive spouses can help on a completely different level. That’s going to make things so much smoother for you. It’s nice to hear that you’re on the right path for you. I’m sure the battle getting here has been formidable but the benefits can be so fulfilling. At times, it can be hard. The struggles we face are often overwhelming and sometimes unpredictable. Support is so important, especially in the beginning. I think you’ll find some very good support here with just a little effort. There are some wonderful members here who look forward to helping others with advice, information and simply friendship. Feel free to share whatever part of your journey you’re comfortable sharing..no pressure. I’d be interested in reading more about how you got to this point on your path and maybe a little about where you might be going.

Thanks for sharing a part of yourself with us.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷