• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trump vows to pass a nationwide ban on gender-affirming care for minors.

Davie

Trump Attacks Transgender Rights, Takes Aim at ‘Left-Wing Gender Insanity.’

In a video posted on Tuesday, Trump vowed to pass a nationwide ban on gender-affirming care for minors.

Trump vowed to pass a law in Congress banning gender-affirming care for minors nationwide, and to punish doctors who provided this type of treatment, threatening to cut off doctors from Medicare and Medicaid. He also said that if reelected, he would push schools to “promote positive education about the nuclear family,” and pass a law that would recognize only two genders— male and female—under the U.S. government. When pressed about an idea to send all Jews to camps, Trump did not reply.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-attacks-transgender-rights-video-1234671967/

Interesting how those who want to be president vow to pass laws.  Because apparently the executive branch is now the legislature. 🙄

• Forum Moderator

It's not surprising.  Much of his support is based on stirring up hate.  He is unfortunately not the only one on the right to do this.

Hugs,

Charlize

1 hour ago, Charlize said:

He is unfortunately not the only one on the right to do this.

This.   The GOP seem to be trying to outdo each other in their hatred for us.

I admit, it is getting to me.  Every day there is more.  

It's no surprise that TFG is jumping on it.  He has claimed to be the most LGBTQ friendly president in the past.  But he claims a lot of things.

As my late grandmother would say, "Jesus Christ on a pogo stick."  She would likely then add some choice and colorful language to express her disgust.  This is the worst kind of pandering and click bait from a man who is unelectable and, as the mid terms revealed, spreads this to the people he endorses. What a maroon.

As @awkward-yet-sweetpointed out, congress is the legislative branch not the president. Also, it should be obvious that this type of law not only violates the Civil Rights Act of 1968 but is, on its face, unconstitutional. I'm surprised he can get people to buy into this; but maybe not. IMHO, both major parties seem to thrive on this sort of thing nowadays and manage get their respective bases to believe. It's truly sad.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Katie23 said:

I am disappointed in the lame responses by the LG members of the LGBTQ spectrum. I am not sure we have the support of the Lesbian or Gay population. They have what they want in marriage equity.

For now.  Make no mistake, once they have exterminated or imprisoned all the trans people, the lesbians and gays will be next.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/02/trump-vows-to-ban-healthcare-for-trans-kids-consequences-for-lgbtq-friendly-teachers/

"Nonetheless, Trump promised to revoke President Joe Biden’s policies on gender-affirming care and sign an executive order instructing federal agencies “to cease all programs that promote the concept of sex and gender transition at any age.” 

I assume this would apply to the VA also. 

"He vowed to outlaw gender-affirming care in all 50 states and to ensure that hospitals and healthcare providers that provide gender-affirming care are no longer eligible for federal Medicare and Medicaid funding."

Flip a couple seats in the senate, the GOP already controls the house, and here we go.  Even if TFG does not end up running, does anyone actually think the other guy from Florida would be any better?

2 hours ago, Katie23 said:

I am not sure we have the support of the Lesbian or Gay population.

Some yes - some no.  Some TERFs are lesbian.

Gay is not specifically a gender thing.

Being transgender is not the same thing as being gay, although they can overlap.

So yeah, we can't count on support there.

• Admin
10 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Interesting how those who want to be president vow to pass laws.  Because apparently the executive branch is now the legislature. 🙄

True and on point.  My hope is he passes a golf ball size kidney stone. 

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

I grew up being a transgender child with no resources and I am very angry at what these clowns are doing.

While we did not even have the idea of what Trans was in the late 50's and early 60's, I do know what you are saying here since I am ivery nvolved in the So. Calif. Trans Activist Community at age 75.  I have a Trans grandchild, and I am an honorary relative to several more Trans children whom I adore as much as my own children and grand children.

I'm confused, because the amount of children receiving "gender-affirming care" (whatever that is) is small. You can't even perform most reconstructive surgeries on children because their bodies aren't developed enough, and I don't think most people would have that done to their child anyway. Given, people will oftentimes choose for the child if the child is intersex, but for children born with "normal" genitalia, their parents aren't exactly bending over backwards to let their child make such a drastic decision.

It's an action based in ignorance and fear, and it's a hollow fear at best. There is no real threat to children as the world continues to learn about trans people. Most sane people know that, and even if this did get through Congress I don't think it would last long. 

However, the current political climate never ceases to blow my -censored- mind, so I guess we'll see. Sometimes I wish that our community never got any attention at all. I don't see why the public needs to be involved in individuals and their own bodies. It makes my blood boil. Just let people live

• Admin
12 minutes ago, rootgrowth said:

Sometimes I wish that our community never got any attention at all. I don't see why the public needs to be involved in individuals and their own bodies. It makes my blood boil. Just let people live

Yes, exactly this ^^^^^^

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

@rootgrowth Welcome to the Forums.  Chicken Little has shouted out the "Sky Is Falling" except it is "The kids are being chopped by their folks and doctors" from a central rumor and gossip mill that feeds the ignorant folks who are denied the education in their home areas by other ignorant people to whom we are scary stories hat are sexually stimulating to their imaginations and supposedly it is a trip to HELL to them to feel that way. It is part of a political circus right now that is accomplishing little except raising anger and division.

5 minutes ago, VickySGV said:

@rootgrowth Welcome to the Forums.  Chicken Little has shouted out the "Sky Is Falling" except it is "The kids are being chopped by their folks and doctors" from a central rumor and gossip mill that feeds the ignorant folks who are denied the education in their home areas by other ignorant people to whom we are scary stories hat are sexually stimulating to their imaginations and supposedly it is a trip to HELL to them to feel that way. It is part of a political circus right now that is accomplishing little except raising anger and division.

Well said, ma'am. Hell must be real comfortable to these folks cause they sure do like to think they're living in it, don't they

26 minutes ago, Katie23 said:

I cannot help but think there is much confusion about who we are. It is easy to conflate us with the drag queen population which has a very in-your-face presence. We do not see transgender story time at the libraries, but the over-the-top appearance drag queens at these events are probably not helping us. I am only guessing, but do most of us just want to transition and blend in, or do we all want to be dramatic influencers revealing ourselves, or our dramas. This type of stuff is of questionable benefit to us. I wish I had the answers. There is no overreaction to the level of hate that is being spewed. This is a well-coordinated national program by the Republicans to deter and silence us. We may not ever go away, but they are going to make our lives hell in the meantime.

Katie, I must say I agree. Lots of people are VERY in your face about it right now.. About everything under the ~~censored word~~  sun. I've tried to find community with people my age (early 20s) but to be honest I don't know what the hell they're talking about a lot of the time and they say stuff that I plain don't agree with, but they speak on the behalf of the entire community which is embarrassing 

Personally I choose to keep the details of my life private but I've been criticized for that. "Why are you ashamed". I'm not ashamed.... the purpose of my condition is to successfully live as ME, and I don't feel inclined to explain myself to everyone constantly. Maybe some people are into that, but not me. I've even been outed by these people without them asking if it's okay

or not, and I pass completely 100% since I've been on hormones for 2 years so it's always just awkward and weird

I don't like how people like us are being used as mouthpieces for political agendas. It makes me sick. There is no one way to think or be trans, it's an individual experience and is complex. It can't be boiled down and it certainly isn't a club.. I don't like how everyone now is told you have to act and think a certain way to be part of the LGBT community. There are a lot of different types of people who are LGBT that's what makes it beautiful

16 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Interesting how those who want to be president vow to pass laws.  Because apparently the executive branch is now the legislature.

Your observation reminds me how many people these days have no clue how our government is supposed to work.  I have often wondered why so many people hinge their support on presidential candidates who vow to pass laws if they achieve office.  Those supporters obviously have no clue it is the legislative branch that does that. 

Actually, long ago I came to the conclusion that presidents are mostly impotent and the run for that office is more akin to "American Idol" than anything meaningful.  Still, we get all worked up every four-years to see who will be crowned America's biggest oxygen thief.  I consider my vote for president important, but instead of voting for the best candidate, I'm usually casting a vote for the candidate that will do the least amount of damage.  I better stop now. 🤐  

12 minutes ago, Sally Stone said:

I'm usually casting a vote for the candidate that will do the least amount of damage. 

Ah yes, the lesser evil.

This tends to be what we end up with.  Perhaps this has something to do with our (USA) 2 party system, and the "winner take all" attitude.

It's not that the president has no power, there is the veto - which is not easy to override.

What bothers me is that a major political party is actively and openly working at and promising to repress a group of its own citizens - who are basically harmless.  

In my own state (NC) there is only one vote in the statehouse keeping the gerrymandered legislature from overriding the governor's veto of these bills.  They are being introduced here.

As absurd as it seems there is an excellent chance of TFG or one of his clones actually being elected.  There is plenty of support for them - as has been recently demonstrate in my own family.*

*Recently, I found out that some of my grandchildren are not to be allowed around "some people" in this case transgendersspecifically me.  It hurts when it's someone whose diapers you have changed, and you tried to raise to be a decent human being.  I don't think this would have even been an issue if not for the politicalization of this "issue."  

Instead of the "Jewish question", it is becoming the "Transgender question."  I don't feel I am being alarmist in making this comparison.

I admit that the subject of this thread has hit me particularly hard.  I wanted to believe that it "can't happen here." - a delusion of course since it is already happening in other states.  And NC is the home of the infamous "Bathroom Bill."

And all this over a tiny minority that is essentially harmless.

It's late.  I need to go to bed.

The biggest problem was choosing the lesser of two evils is that you still end up with evil.  I'm starting to suspect that there is a far greater amount of bipartisan ship then we have been led to believe. The Democrats can't pretend to be heroes if the Republicans don't behave like villains.  Ultimately the answer is going to be to throw all of the bums out. We have a better government if people were elected by lottery... At least then the top 1% would only be 1% of the government instead of half.