• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Breasts how important to you

happyinvermont

I am amab. But started my hormones yesterday. As as that surgery I am looking at is testicles removed. I will have to leave my scrotum in place or a bit smaller due to having a pump there for my penile implant. I don't mind having a penis. For me my main thing that I need is breasts. To me this expresses my outward female. Can wait for other things that aren't so noticeable to others. Soft skin better body smell. Less sweating. 

So how important are Breasts to you. Do you want small, medium or large 

• Forum Moderator

I mean, I have b-cups. I'm perfectly happy with them. I wouldn't be sad if I went up a cup size, but I'm still pretty content.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

It was important to me to have them.  I knew that size was a gamble, and, looking at photos of my mother and my paternal grandmother, I figured that I'd end up smaller rather than larger.  I would have been happy with a B. 

The best I could do was an A cup.  At least that's what they told me when they measured me at the lingerie store.  However, I noticed that I couldn't fill any of the 38A bras that they had in stock.  So I was probably a 38AA, but that size wasn't on their charts.  I suspect that I have grown a bit since then and I might be an honest A next time I get measured.

But they are darned cute and they give me a proper female appearance, which is what counts.

I wear breast forms that makes me 42C-D. I am a tall person 6'4" and on lighter side 180lbs. So they don't look crazy big on me. I just started hormones. I not expecting much growth with breasts. Like you genetic. So I will be looking at a BA some time 

Until a few years ago and I put on a bit of weight (well fat) I had a quite athletic shape and was quite androgynous in appearance, so it didn't really matter to me that much.  However, since I've accepted that I'm trans and not just GF I've been switching up my wardrobe with more feminine clothes and have found that a lot of the stuff I've picked up are tailoured to have a bit more up top than I actually have atm (I'm pre HRT).  For it to not look weird and flappy at the front I'm going to either need to develop in that area or use breast forms.

With shapewear on (that flatten your tum, has straps but leaves a place for a bra) I get a bit of a boost in that area and it's enough to need to wear something, so I picked up a full coverage 36A bra which has been OK for me.

My mum, sister and even my daughter (teen, already a D cup) are all large in the breast area, and I'm a bit worried that I might get more than I bargained for.

• Forum Moderator

If you start HRT your growth will most likely be less than your mom or sisters.  My mother was well endowed and i'm certainly not at that point.  I must say that i'm happy with what i've gained.

Hugs,

Charlize

@happyinvermont Very much like you, I am perfectly happy to keep my penis - but, overall body shape (including whatever breasts I can gain) is very important - both from an appearance point of view and self-affirmation.

I'm only on anti-androgens for about 4-months right now, but have experienced a slight bit breast growth (but nothing to write home about). 

But I have noticed some fat re-distribution, and my belly 'tire' seems to be 'flatter' and moving down to my hips, butt, and upper thighs - I Like THAT! 😃
My mother, and both grandmothers had large breasts, so once I am on full HRT I hope I can achieve something.  I would be thrilled with B-cups, but I'll take whatever I get -- I have pretty much decided against breast augmentation.  I think it's a great option - but, just not for me.
Hope you can give us an update as your HRT progresses.

I am wearing a 42D bra. I want something around that size when all done. Want to be able to wear halter top.also other tops. Breast forms won't cut it 

I've been on E for a few years.  The boobettes are real enough, but not impressive - probably an A on a good day.  My mother wasn't that big, my sisters perhaps slightly more.  And I'm not particularly young anymore.

What is more important to me is how they feel to me.  That first wince on brushing against a doorframe was very satisfying.  

Growing boobs (even small ones) has been very affirming to me.

To a trans female like me, breasts are very important to me. I am 5 9 230lb. I am blessed to have C breast after 3 years of hormones.  But I want size D so I am wearing a form.

Size D compliment the rest of my body and hide my mid section and bigger body frame.

Anna

Same as me 6'4" 42 band. Would like a D. I go for a consultation on the 29th

Feminine breasts are really important to me.  I am not on HRT and haven't had implants so breast forms are my go to.  I'm six feet two inches tall am weigh not quite 200 pounds and I wear forms that I think match my body size.  My forms are prominent but not overly large. 

Of all the feminization procedures I've fantasized about, breast implants are what I desire most.  Since I spend more than half of my life presenting as male, I don't think the implant option will ever be anything more than fantasy, but you never know, right?    

I love and hate my breasts at the same time. They are a DD right now if not bigger. I love that I gave clevage, but it also sucks. Every thing low cut makes me look cheap, and finding cute bras suck. 

I'm looking ar getting implants at the end of the year, and it's not for size really. It's so my chest looks better. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not having breasts is one of my biggest dysphoria triggers so, yes, they're important to me. Getting a set of breast forms was one of the earliest items I got - along with bras - as I finally acknowledged my dysphoria, entered counselling and began my slow transition. Before I invested into a good set I started with an inexpensive pair from eBay. I am a 42 and went with a B+ size. I am very happy with how they look and feel - I'm 5"10 and 182 lbs. But, they are not asymmetrical and don't always fill out my bra as I's like.

So, I just ordered a new pair from The Breast Form Store - they should arrive in a few days. I opted with a moderate cost pair this time in what should be a similar size to what I currently have.

At some point, I'm going to box up the 1st run products, failed products (tried hip pads and a shaping corset but feel like I'm wearing armor under my clothes) and my first wig (worn only 4 or 4 times before I opted to go to my natural gray) and donate them to a transgender clothing closet somewhere.

I'm excited to see how the new ones will feel and look!!

Hi Interesting topic, as a MAAB, I realized after years of crossdressing that what was really missing was breasts so I made the decision to get implants. I am a full C / small D depending on the bra. It does have it's challenges being a man with boobs, defiantly some trade offs, but to me it was over all worth it and am happy with my decision   

My new breast forms from The Breast Form Store are out for delivery - Hello, sexy new asymmetrical breasts. Goodbye $40 Made In China Starter Boobs. Really, I think it was a good option for me to start inexpensively to confirm the size and body shape I want. 

I will put the old ones in the box with other items to pass on to someone who may need them and can't afford them.

(sitting by the window watching for the mail delivery person!!!!!0

Oh. My. God. I wondered to myself how much of a difference there could possibly be between the cheap Chinese produced breast forms I got on eBay and the much more expensive American-made ones I ordered from The Breast Form Store. Call me a skeptic.....and then they arrived today. Of course, I had to try them on as soon as I got them out of the boxes. The asymmetrical design make them look so much more natural and, wow, do they feel good .

What a difference and well worth the $$ if you can afford them.

54 minutes ago, happyinvermont said:

What ones did you get and size

Gold Seal Classic 1.5 - size 8. I'm a 42 band and the 8 gives me a B+, perhaps almost a C which is what I have been wearing in the cheap version. These just do a much better job of molding to my form and filling out the bra to give a more realistic appearance.

Thanks I have same in size 7. My band is 40ish. I think I would like to go bigger. Still trying to figure out where I want to be before surgery 

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I'd finally update this. When I finally got a chance to look at the Size 8 breast forms on me, I realized they were much larger than my originals - to the point where my wife noticed immediately. So, I decided to exchange them. It's been quite a wait for the return to be processed - three weeks - and I debated back and forth on size knowing I needed to drop at least one size, then two and finally deciding to go with the Gold Seal Classic 2 in a size 6. The hard part of doing this by mail is the guessing on the actual sizing and hoping the charts are correct. With my band size of 42 the 6 should give me a B cup, what I want. They will, hopefully, arrive by next Wednesday. So, I'm back to the original eBay-purchased ones for now.

"(sitting by the window watching for the mail delivery person!!!!!0"

Both love and hate that lol. I use a parcel locker, so I keep checking my phone for THE message.

On the breast forms, I have enough Fat? to fill a bra - or maybe I have gynecomastia. 

Might have to raise that one day with the Dr.

Rob

@MaybeRob True gynecomastia can easily be self diagnosed. Do you feel any rubbery growth under your nipples which indicates glandular tissue? If not, it is just fat. Don't let that spoil the party though!

To answer the original question, the importance of breasts. I have pseudo-gynecomastia and can almost fill B-Cup bras. In years past, where crossdressing to satisfy my kinky side at the time was more important to me, I could not have imagined that wearing a bra to contain my actual breasts would one day be more important than wearing a larger bra with breastforms.

My moobs are important to me and I value them more than ever!

Today is delivery day for the exchanged breast forms...at least it's supposed to be. We'll see if UPS makes it or not.  I'm almost always in a light bra - have been gravitating towards my sports bras because they have a light padding that gives me just a little projection and shape - enough to help tamp down my dysphoria. I do, though, prefer how I look with the breast forms even though they're just a B cup. If only they were real. That's what dreams are made of.