• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

anyone get credit card or bank cards before doc changes?

missyjo

hi girls. 

I am too new to be close to legally changing my name n all that in court, but I still don't want to be out n have to reach into my purse n pull out a credit card with some guy name on it.

I tried explaining to bank n they were understanding but said they needed legal docs to issue 2nd card. I don't understand why they can't just give missy a card based as permissive user on my male credit.

had anyone had any luck with this?

thank you.

• Admin

It has to do with your SSN and Federal Tax Reporting requirements .  Two user names, two different SSN's.  The credit card machines in all but a tiny few places don't care who uses a card if the security codes are input correctly.  Some places like beauty supply stores have membership points accounts, and they will let you use any name which relates to a phone number.  They will ring up your order to that name and never see the credit card user name. 

Also, under federal banking law (part of the Patriot Act, I think) any person who opens a new account or is added to one must provide photo ID to the bank, and they are required to maintain a copy as part of the account documentation.

When I changed my name on my credit card (and bank account) I needed my picture ID (drivers license).  They were fine with it all, but needed that ID.

Also, if you change you name legally (and gender marker) you SS number does not change.

As an aside, I had been banking there in person for several years in fem mode and never had any issues.  But the account was still in my dead name.  

I'm still flitting between presentations, and though it may not work for you my bank card just has my 1st initial on it by design, as my chosen name matches my original initials I can transfer the card between wallet and purse regardless of presentation. It was all done online under my account preferences and no ID or explanations were needed, other than the gap between the old card being halted and the new one being sent out it's worked pretty well. 

interesting. well..confession...I was picturing using missy for transition n then changing again to a name that woukd match my initials...so it could work. thanks.

someone also suggested move..now to bigger city to transition n again after done n just show up as new girl..no history of transition n be left alone..as now  I suspect we all feel..like outsiders n are sometimes gawked, and whispered about..but we know the towns we live in for safety n all...shrugs

thanks girls 

you're the best ❤️ 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a possible fix:  Most credit cards will permit you to have an additional card issued in another person's name.  This is often a family member.  But if they do not require this additional person's social security number, you could ask for this 2nd card to be issued in your femme name.  No need to tell them who the lady is; just give them the name.

Louise 

thank you.i shall try or try to request one online

thank you

• 2 months later...

iT worked!! giggles 

Louise I looked up transgender friendly banks n citi has a program to use your own name...but they simply asked if i wanted 2nd card n name n birthdate of that person, so I told them missy jo n her bday..giggles..I'm tickled..I'll open my purse n pull out my own card..not some guys card like I'm his possession..his..my other self..shrugs

oh so happy..may even get her a checking account..giggles

yes I suspect need my M name n I'd on account then add missy as permissive authorized user..smile 

that makes me smile..now if my new stylist could make my hair cute tomorrow...

hugs to all

dances out

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 115 Guests (See full list)

• Mike P
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • violet r
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • MaeBe
    • Ashley0616
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Emily Chen
    Newest Member
    Emily Chen

1. April Marie
      April Marie
    2. daniela...
      daniela...
      (59 years old)
    3. Emily May
      Emily May
    4. Felixr
      Felixr
      (20 years old)
    5. Leann
      Leann
      (56 years old)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Needed,my 3/4 drive air impact is about to give out.Bought it from Harbor Freight 13 years ago and got my money out of it
    • MaeBe
      Happy anniversary @Willow!   Good luck, @Birdie!   Congratulations on the new gear @Adrianna Danielle!   My family is currently considering a big move. My wife applied for and received an offer for a job in WA. If all things are equal I am down for a change of scenery, but it’s not that simple. Much maths are about to happen…wish me luck! ;)
    • MaeBe
      Or they could live and let live and not clog the courts with games of roulette? To absolve the attempt based on a perceived chance of success is gambling in another guise.   Sure, it could all be marketing to gin up the base, but we see it constantly getting pushed at the local, State, and Federal levels. Don’t we want lawmakers focused on issues of import? Maybe we’re a distraction, but that means we become social targets. If we’re really just a side show game to them, they obviously don’t give a damn what the repercussions are for us; we’re just lambs for slaughter. So why support people or adjacent policies that do that to us? Why believe these jaguars won’t eat your face when they tell you that, if they can, they will?
    • Sorourke
      Thank you so much, hugs Stefi 
    • MaeBe
      Manufacturing jobs have increased by nearly 800k since Biden’s inauguration. Deficits and debt are up as well, which water down some of the positive metrics.  Given the fact we were coming out of a pandemic and then into a global economy affected by a Russian aggression and then a war in the Middle East, things wouldn’t be ideal. But we’re not on a gold standard anymore. Government budgets aren’t household budgets. Inflation was up but is coming down, which means that government spending isn’t uncontrolled.  Honest news media? Which news are we referring to? I recommend looking into Ground.news and their blind spot feature. It will show you, regardless of your leanings, what you’re not seeing in your typically consumed news.    MAGA is not about making America great again or otherwise. It’s a marketing cult for populist conservatism, aka the cult of Trump. America being great is not bad or a bad idea, but its choice as the moniker of the campaign is not-so-subtle political marketing. By default, no one wants to argue against the idea, however it creates a dichotomy where “the other side must not want (or is actively trying to destroy) it”. It’s an empty slogan because America was no greater during the Trump years and you can logically argue our global cache was diminished during his term, which was marked by sentiment of the US being a unilateral agitator. 
    • missyjo
      smiles I think I need to help him find a way to simply love others, regardless of identifying with them or understanding their journey..but I thought I recall stories of Jesus being asked which of 10 laws were greatest..n the answer being 1. God us God n have no other gods you worship..asking forgiveness to friends who practice religions with polydieties..but I think catholic say 1 god..n the 2nd rule is almost as important..love each other as I have loved you   maybe if I can focus him on we all believe God wants us to love n help each..maybe he'll forget the footnote he seems to be inserting, unless they are lgbt..then they go to hell...nerd   sorry probably too politically charged..delete if so with my apologies  hugs to all who want them
    • Mars Hiroshi
      So, I don't know what this is called, but it's kind of like when you see the boob bridging to the collarbone. I hate it. You can totally see I have a chest. How do I fix it and what is it called?   (I'm wearing an old gc2b binder I got from someone at school that is not my specific sizing, but it's all I can work with)
    • Ivy
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2024/04/29/1247896150/transgender-health-insurance-west-virginia-north-carolina-appeals-court     Good news, y'all.  Better get those procedures and meds down before SCOTUS takes it away again, or the R's regain power in D.C.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Of course, we all wish you the best of luck.  But please don't assume that a negative first reaction will be the one that sticks.  It takes time, communication and lots of love.   Carolyn Marie
    • Abigail Genevieve
      We need to learn to talk to each other again.  This place is important that way.   Abby
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Nationally, sure.  But where I live, there aren't two large segments.  There's a majority, and a few who just don't fit and probably ought to move out.  I was in a nearby city a few days back, and I saw a billboard for the "Freedom From Religion" foundation.  That's acceptable there.  Here... folks would be making a bonfire.    I don't really see how the different sides CAN get along.  I see what goes on in California, and its like watching news from some alien planet.  It has very little to do with LGBTQ+ issues, really.  I can't live their way, I won't live their way, and I have no desire to compromise at all in that direction.  I'd prefer to be neighbors in separate nations, and I think folks would get along better that way.  I firmly believe the anti-trans stuff wouldn't exist here if we had a new republic of the Center-South area.  Even a micro-state of just my county and a couple others would be fine.    I get the giggles when folks think that Trump is somehow "far right."  Around here, he's a barely-acceptable centrist.  And by the standards of 100 years ago, its true.
    • Ivy
      I don't think the Dems have a corner on division.  I do try to kinda keep up with the antics on Fox for 5h1+s and giggles. We have two large segments of the population, living in their own bubbles, with completely opposite views of our society, who never talk to each other, only at each other. People don't even want to get along with each other. We're tearing ourselves apart from the inside, while the rest of the world just sits back and watches.
    • Sorourke
      Back again now it’s inevitable I must tell my wife for me to be happy and authentic wish me luck
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Trying to decide if I am one.  Hmmm.  It depends on the definition.  The Democrats' definition dehumanizes them, whatever they are.   I would like to see a restoration of respect for America around the world, one Obama threw away.  I would like to see factories reopen whose jobs went overseas because people like BIden wrote legislation to create a tax structure than encouraged that.  I would like to see an end to the division that Biden and Obama cause and exploit for cynical political purposes.  I would like people to be able to express themselves without fear.  I would like honest news media.  I would llike to see the federal government not push us recklessly into debt.   If that makes me MAGA, I guess I am. 
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.