• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Polling shows most Americans feel laws are going too far

KathyLauren

• Forum Moderator

Poll finds most voters agree that anti-LGBTQ bills are result of 'political theater'

This includes a large majority of Democratic and independent voters, but also, surprisingly, a majority of Republican voters.

The question, I guess, is whether they feel that strongly enough to vote against their party.  Lets hope that, at the very least, they exert influence on the selection of candidates nominated, in order to have someone of their party who reflects their true values.

Not a surprise to me.  I live in a deep-red area, and the people I come in contact with are mostly against the LGBTQ+ political theater, feeling like it is a waste of time.  What do Republican voters care about?  The economy!  Inflation!  Increasing taxes, burdensome regulations, and what looks like another round of bailing out big banks at the expense of the rest of us.  All the various problems that aren't being addressed right now.  Yes, education can be an issue, but mostly in terms of state vs. local control rather than curriculum content. 

No, they will not vote against the Republican party.  Why not?  Because the Democrats are seen as the major cause of economic problems and inflation.  Just because the Republicans are incompetent or even "bad" doesn't make the Democrats "good."  Folks where I live simply gripe about being un-represented.  Which is pretty normal.