• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

How Do You Look Taller?

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

I think what tends to screw me over most on passing is my height. I'm only 5'3". Do you guys have any idea how to look taller? Probably a lot of other FTMs have this problem too.

Guest Donna Jean

If I may intrude?

Shoe lifts?

Big hair?

Wear vertical stripes?

Hang with short people?

You gotta realize that MTF's have the reverse problem with some here being way over 6' tall...

Geez...

Love

Donna Jean

Guest Leigh

yeah...Dee Jay pretty much said it...

you have an inch on me, so..i really do feel ya.

lucky for me my best friend is only 4'11''

lol...

peace&love

leigh

Guest Elizabeth K

Bluster - act 10 feet tall. A lot of Hollywood leading men are/were short. They usually bulk up their shoulders - and dare anyone to say anything. And travel with short people like suggested - ha!

Lizzy - 6' feet plus t-girl - and I don't care anymore.

Guest Emily Violet

im so glad im like the shortest guy in my school im only like 5'6'' and havnt grown in over a year but anyway id wear boots alot if i wear you they give you like a few inches or if your into glam rock lol platform boots jk

Guest Silver

I'm jealous. I'm only 5"2 at the most. :( . Well, there are lots of short guys out there, so its not too bad. Vertical stripes (horizontal stripes made you look shorter and wider), shoe lifts, if you can, do tend to help. Pretty much what Donna Jean said. Sadly, the hanging with short people only works if you know short people (all my friends have at least two inches on me)...

Guest My_Genesis
im so glad im like the shortest guy in my school im only like 5'6'' and havnt grown in over a year but anyway id wear boots alot if i wear you they give you like a few inches or if your into glam rock lol platform boots jk

:(

i am 5'6". this guy at my uni. from my dorm is also 5'6", but that's probably because he did gymnastics his whole life. lol. keeping my fingers crossed he won't grow anymore :rolleyes: . worst case scenario, always remember there's danny devito. :D

Guest Kaze

Being short might not help, but I don't think it'll stop you from being able to pass as male. I was born male and am only 5'0" and except for a few times (which I don't think was mostly based on my height) I don't think anyone has any trouble thinking I was male. From what I've found being short makes people think I'm younger than I really am (I've gotten 13-15 a few times that people have commented, even after being over 20). My friends have always been taller than me as well, generally by 6" or more, and it doesn't seem to have made much, if any difference in how people react to me. If anything I think it might help as it just makes me look short, but part of the group rather than people drawing other conclusions if they see me alone.

I've never actually tried to appear taller so I can't help with that, but wanted to let you know it isn't hopeless as there are (some) short males out there. :)

Guest Neil!

Weeeell -

If you're really dedicated you could try some exercises to lengthen your spine/legs. I've been doing stretching, kicking, and cycling five days a week for a month, and I'm definitely a little bit taller than the first mark I made on my doorframe. I have a .pdf file of 40~ pages of workout routines that I could upload somewhere if anyone's interested.

5'3" here, for the record. I HATE it. :c

Guest Raging Shadow

i'm 5'5.5". so not man tall but not woman short. I'd still might grow anoter inch or so but... if not i'll just find a bunch of little people and follow them around. my mom has mentioned something about elevater shoes though...

• 3 months later...

Well there is this great website I found out about. Elevator shoes...they have some casual ones but most of them are dressy..but you can add up to 5 inches to your height. They are a bit pricey, but I think it would be worth it...check it out.

http://www.increasingshoes.com/onlineorder...?SearchHEIGHT=1

I haven't had a chance to order some..but if anyone does, let me know...the testimony's look good..and there is a guy on youtube who bought some that boosted him 3 inches and he seemed pretty happy just to be 5'5"...so anyway. let me know.

I have the same problem, I'm 5"2.

I think the best thing is to get used to it and realise there are a lot of short bio guys out there.

And indeed, many very tall bio women...