• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

No Support group

LaurenA

Well, this week I realized I have no support group.  Although my mother says she supported me I found she actuality didn't.  I know my siblings don't. And my"Good Time drinking buddy sure didn't.  That left one local person and an ex lover out of state.  Without support I've cancelled my orchiectomy as well as pre-ops for anything else.  Without lpcal support I can't do any on it.

I GIVE UP!

I am going to spend the rest of my life hiding in my home.  It's the only solution left.

I am so sorry that you're going through this. Transition with support is difficult enough - without must seem overwhelming.

Is there, perhaps, a local LGBTQ+ or Transgender support group that you could reach out to? You might find they have someone willing to provide some support. Just a thought.

Sometimes it seems darkest before the dawn - I hope you find the support you need and deserve. In the meantime, there are always people here willing to listen and lend a shoulder.

• Admin

There are 5 LGBTQ Centers that are not far from you that can help you connect with care resources near you for all of that.  This link will tell you where they are.  https://www.lgbtqcenters.org/LGBTCenters.  This is NOT a new problem, but hopefully you can use them several ways.  They may be able to get you into support groups that become "Chosen Family" which are better than blood family.  I have supported several friends aka Chosen Family Members with their medical needs, and they all have offered their support to me in the past, even for NON Trans related issues as well.